Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Experiences of Green Laning in Scotland.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Uncleron

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue
Experiences of Green Laning in Scotland.

I have now done the two events that have taken place in Central Scotland since I bought my Freelander 2 in early April and looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks Very Happy

I always like seeing other people's pics so I have attached a few of my car on the recent events ;

I have really enjoyed doing these events and would definitely say try it to anyone thinking about it!

There's plenty of Defenders & Discos on the runs but so far there has only been one Evoque on the first run & one Freelander1 on the second.

I was initially wary about damaging my Freelander, particularly as I had not had it long before I did the first event but my experience has certainly been that the organisers of these events do not want the bad press of entrants cars getting damaged by surprise. I've found the organisers & other competitiors who have done the runs before really helpful as regards potential issues that are likely to come up e.g narrow trails with bushes that could damage paint that at least you know about in advance & I would probably avoid.

As I am keen not to miss out on too much of the action I have fitted both Mantec Sump & Tank guards to protect the underneath. Next thing on the replacement list is tyres as the Good Year Wranglers on the car don't have that much life left in them so it's choices, choices time now!

Post #186599 5th Jun 2013 7:01 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Well I'm the Evoque owner Ronnie mentions above - I can highly recommend the SGRC runs even though they can be popular but don't be out off by the Discos Defenders and FFRRs, most of them never go off road on anything more difficult than shown in Ronnie's post, most of them are on road tyres and get bogged down now and again unlike the modern Land Rovers! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #186603 5th Jun 2013 7:37 pm
bish789

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Looks great. Whereabouts in Scotland is it?

Post #186605 5th Jun 2013 7:52 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

This was a run to Loch Sloy on the west side of Loch Lomond How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #186619 5th Jun 2013 8:26 pm
bish789

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Who organises it?

Post #186643 5th Jun 2013 10:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I wondered if you was there too Tim, looks likea good day out Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186657 5th Jun 2013 11:35 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Was in Scotland yesterday Nick, now in Dubai, tomorrow Sri Lanka! The clubs that do Freelander Friendly laning in Scotland are the Scottish Green Road Club and the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club. Just a word of warning for anyone coming north in the summer - whilst we have "right to roam" in Scotland it applies to those using Shanks's Pony, there are no Green Lanes as such in Scotland and you must have permission from the land owner before you drive on their land, generally, unless you have a land owning friend, you have to be a member of a club to drive offroad in Scotland. Both the clubs above have websites How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #186662 6th Jun 2013 5:41 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

bish789 wrote:
Who organises it?

Scottish Green Road Club, other Scottish Land Rover Owner Clubs are available!

SGRC has a run this weekend - details of how to join and the event on the SGRC website How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #199013 12th Sep 2013 4:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1