« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Premium Sound Poor (Meridian) on FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Lewis_d

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Loire Blue

VANNY
I've already been the clone route once with the VCM 2 and it doesn't work. Cost lots of money and a lot of lost time I'll never get back. So trying legit this time.

BRIT PLUMBER
Thanks for the advice. I will try to find your man on Ebay but if you find a username in the mean time, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post #370476 19th Apr 2019 2:24 am
Lewis_d

Thank you Badger51. It turns out I've had dealings with this ebay chap. He has been very helpful to date. Although results were not good but looks like the clone vcm2 had wrong firmware and just wouldn't work with Sdd V155.

Brit Plumber
Im sure the man you were talking about on ebay is the same I have dealt with and Badger 51 has put me on to. Will be getting on to him for help. Thank you both.

Post #370482 19th Apr 2019 6:01 am
Brit plumber

United Kingdom 

What colour was your VCM2?

If it was blue, it was a davina in a Blue VCM case. I bought a clone from a site recommended by the eBay seller I mentioned earlier. It appears to be made using genuine parts and then assembled in the USA rather than in Germany. It works fine with SDD 155 and was cheaper than the davina crap.

Post #370629 21st Apr 2019 10:23 pm
Lewis_d

It was the red vcm2. The site has stopped stocking it for now for jlr. Only stock Ford/Mazda. Must have been issues with the later ones. Can't get it to work with SDD v155. Even with the help of the Liverpool guy. This is what's lead me to look elsewhere. Will contact him after the holiday to see it he can help with the DA-Dongle. Keep you posted.

How have you got on with ccf programming. Yet to get that far. Is it easy enough to do?

Post #370631 22nd Apr 2019 3:06 am
Badger51

Australia 

For myself, I have no problems editing the CCF, I do tend to hold my breath & pray a lot though Laughing .

The one thing you must do though, is make sure your battery is well charged & also have a power supply connected to the battery whilst writing to the CCF.

Hope you manage to get it sorted ok.

Nick (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #370635 22nd Apr 2019 7:52 am
Lewis_d

Cheers Nick

Have amassed what I believe to be all the hardware to upgrade Meridian system to Premium from following Combo and Stuartc's past posts. Just need the ccf's editing. My independent garage said he had problems flashing the edits to car and had to reload original files? Hence me exploring other options.

There are mixed emotion on here about the sound quality of Meridian,but would like to judge for myself. One day.

I have signed up to TOPIX but have yet to purchase any subscriptions. Does anyone know if it's possible to edit ccf's with a subscription at car owner level? Maybe have to by a 1 day subscription and hope.

Post #370661 22nd Apr 2019 1:47 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Access to Diagnostic systems (SDD/Pathfinder) via 'Topix' is only possible with annual dealer/independent garage access which requires a verified sign up process, purchase of the JLR diagnostic tools from them (starts at £3.5k) and then you can buy an annual Diagnostic Topix subscription, which isn't cheap.

1 day Topic subscription just gives access to workshop manuals and TSBs, I'm not sure if it still gives access to the parts catalogue after it was outsourced. It's still super useful.

Cheapest way to get a fully access Topix account is get a job with JLR, if you're really keen!

Post #370669 22nd Apr 2019 4:29 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Never had any problem with the Meridian setup in mine, and coming from a 12MY HSE with the old Alpine unit installed, this is a breath of fresh air.

A lot has been made of the input source, including FLAC and lossless bitrate on other JLR forums with regards the Meridian system. All I can say is mine has been spot on for the last 6 years, and I wouldn't pay the £2000 odd that they want for it in the Discovery Sport!

Post #370671 22nd Apr 2019 4:48 pm
Lewis_d

My Meridian Highline has got very good sound but would like to upgrade to Premium to see for myself the benefits.

Update on my sdd software and Da-dongle. The Liverpool connection off ebay as VANNY mentioned has got me up and running. Thanks for the link VANNY.
Thank you to Brit Plumber, Badger51, Nick and everyone else who has thrown idea's and advice on the table. I guess this is the value of such forum's. Just need to learn how to use sdd without causing serious issues. If anyone has edited the ccf needed to upgrade from Meridian Highline to Premium. I would very much appreciated your advice on the steps needed to program the modules and the necessary ccf's needed to edit.

Post #371159 1st May 2019 6:17 am
Linds Hanson

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red

Hi just about to the highline to premium upgrade did you have any success?

Post #392732 17th Jun 2020 11:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baker69

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Sumatra Black

I’m a bit disappointed in my Meridian sound system on my FL2 Metro, it’s very nice and clear yes, with a depth from the sub as well but to me it seems all top end and bass?

Is there no way of adding some mids in there somehow? I haven’t had the car very long so I’m not 100% up to speed with everything yet. I think the system definitely lacks mid frequencies, the Dolby setting seems to add a bit of warmth to the sound as does Stereo mode. Am I missing something somewhere?

Any suggestions anyone?

Post #393214 26th Jun 2020 12:46 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

I take it you have adjusted the audio settings?

Post #393216 26th Jun 2020 1:24 pm
Baker69

Yes, I’ve tried all the built-in surround effects, which as I say sound great, but there is no mid control. I know you wouldn’t get this sort of an option normally, but on what is portrayed to be a hi tech system it should have had some sort of EQ built in I would have thought?

Post #393218 26th Jun 2020 1:58 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

To increase mid turn bass & treble down & volume up. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #393674 4th Jul 2020 5:07 am
Baker69

Will give it a try thanks.

Post #393683 4th Jul 2020 8:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345