Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Projector headlamp EU/UK spec...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Whahoo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Projector headlamp EU/UK spec...

So I bought some projector headlamps from eBay (seller is partslandrover) they were advertised as used UK SPEC with some marks.
They arrived today and on initial inspection they look brand new.... BUT... the n/s light is a UK spec, however the o/s light is a EU spec.
the n/s light has the bracket that holds the pull bar for bottom clip broken off. This appears to have been superglued however the glue has not held and the bracket was just stuck to the packing tape holding the lights together in the wrapping.
Lastly the EU light has the internal mech broken as the adjustable light unit inside the housing just wobbles about and there are bits of broken plastic showing behind the lens. This appears to be one of the cream coloured fixing points inside the lamp.

The UK light is easily repairable. the EU light may be repairable, however it is the wrong light altogether.

I contacted the seller and he is working with me to try and sort the issues but he also told me that the EU light has a UK lens fitted to it?! Now there are no signs that the lens has been changed by a third party so is he spinning me a lie? Surely the beam from the projector unit on the EU light will be the wrong direction?

Cheers
Aaron

Post #185764 29th May 2013 6:46 pm
Dave007

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

If it was me, they would be being sent straight back at sellers expense. Minor marks as seller stated are defo not what you have described - bits missing, superglue???. They are not fit for purpose.

Just my opinion. MY2010 TD4 HSE Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, Almond Leather, Lux Pack, Rear Spoiler, Adaptive Xenons

Post #185766 29th May 2013 6:55 pm
Whahoo

I agree. However there is the potential to save some cash if I can get the EU light totally replaced, I fix the UK light and then get the seller to refund me £xx amount...
I'm keeping my options open... 😃

Post #185767 29th May 2013 7:05 pm
surfingmonkey

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I had a pair of projector headlamps from this supplier. One was damaged in transit and replaced without issue.

If both are damaged, send them both back.

Post #185777 29th May 2013 7:48 pm
Whahoo

Just had a lengthly phone conversation with this seller. Very helpful and keen to sort any issues. He has 400 units he bought from LR and is building good lights from damaged lights.
He has a few brand new units and then the stock will start to go down in condition as he gets to the last of the lights he has left.
To answer the EU question I raised in my 1st post... the shell of the light ( so the outer lens, black plastic shell and the cream inner carrier ) are from a brand new EU light and the actual projector part is from a brand new ( but damaged) UK light. as the main glass of the light is just clear without any refraction ridges etc this is a viable swap as the projector is the part that has the UK beam direction.. If that makes any sense.

We have worked a deal and he is sending me a brand new replacement shell for the damaged EU light and I will swap the projector unit over.
On a plus side, these units come with all brand new bulbs fitted too!

Post #185786 29th May 2013 8:26 pm
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hi Whahoo

If you decide to sent yor lights back and get a refund, I have a per of projector lights which were taken off a 2012 XS.
I listed them a few months ago with no takers. You can have for £100 plus p&p they are like brand new, totaly un-marked.

Regards Chalkey 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #185815 29th May 2013 11:07 pm
Whahoo

Censored 😔
I'm still currently committed to this purchase via eBay. If the new unit arrives and is damaged I'll have them off you. Are you ok to give me a week?
Cheers
Aaron

Post #185821 30th May 2013 6:41 am
Legoman

United Kingdom 

Sounds like a cheap price for the Projectors.

Post #185918 30th May 2013 10:33 pm
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Yes no problem, pm me if you need them Thumbs Up 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #185924 30th May 2013 11:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1