Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > I have my LR2 finally!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
I have my LR2 finally!

Ordered it in October and it arrived at the end of December at teh dealer, but onlyt just returned back to Dubai a few weeks ago to pick it up....and even then had to wait a week for a money transfer.

Picked it up 3 days ago in the evening and have done 200kms and loving every minute of it. It's my first brand new car, and it's all mine and paid for in cash.

It's Stornaway Grey, I6, HSE model, Ebony black leather interior, Silver pixel dash trim, Sat Nav, PTI, 30% tints on all windows, 6 disc CD and Alpine speakers (Not the Dolby system, because it isn't offered here).

After talking with the showroom manager they gave me the 3M window tints (250 Euro +/-) at no cost which I pleasently surprissed about.

From paying, to the car being prepared, licensed, plates fitted, window tints fitted it took them around 3 hours!!! Thumbs Up

Was very happy with the keyring that came with the keys, yes such a small thing, but to get anything free from car delaers here is a miracle...so the keyring and tints was very unexpected. Does everyone get the key ring?

The car is great and sometimes it is too much to take in.....I absolutely LOVE IT!!! The I6 engine has plenty of go, which coming from a 200+ bhp Audi A3 says something, and I'm not even starting to drive it hard yet...until it's broken in that is. The engine sounds extremely sporty and is music to my ears under light and hard acceleration.

Not sure why some complain about the sound system (unless it is on the lower spec models?), and although I'm no Audiophile, it is awesome, and no destortion at full volume, which is too loud anyway!

The Sat Nav has already served its purpose by giving me an overview of areas I'm in, especially when navigating the industrial estates that are all over the place here, and the only complaint is that the maps aren't completely up-to-date, but with some many roads and buildings changing daily it never will be.

The PTI works fantastically well, and paired first time with my SE W880i and has had no problems reconnecting or transfering the phonebook, or with any of teh other functions.

I've put some pics in the gallery, but guess it isn't much different to many others, except it's mine! Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Another cool I can play with the car for hours with no nagging from the wife, as she is still back in Holland finalising our purchase of a house there. Whistle

Post #14583 23rd Feb 2008 11:13 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Car looks great Gambba Exclamation

But won't those black seat get hot in the midday sun Question Question or are your window tints the heat reflective type Question

How the air con holding up in that parts of the world, I bet you'll have to have it working overtime to prevent the beads of sweat forming on the brow Smile

anyway your sounding like a cat thats got the cream, its a great feeling getting your first brand spanking new car Thumbs Up

I guess i'll get a response in a week or two when the perma-grin has faded and you come back in from the garage

Pleased for you mate Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14584 23rd Feb 2008 12:20 pm
Gambba

Cheers for the comments npinks Thumbs Up

At the moment the airco isn't needed a great deal as temps are quite cold for the time of year....only 24-27 degrees C!!

The major reason for the tints was the heat rejection aspect, rather than styling.

Car already needed a clean after the first day due to sand storms we're having at the moment, so i'll have to get the guy to run a rag over it.

A week or two for the grin to fade......I doubt it will ever go away.

Post #14600 23rd Feb 2008 5:50 pm
Gambba

So did everyone get the same key ring/fob with their keys?

Post #14616 24th Feb 2008 9:08 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I got metal keyings with the dealers name etched into it

Nothing as posh as yours Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14617 24th Feb 2008 10:20 am
attox

Italy 

I got one similar to yours. A little smaller keyring in green. What color is yours?
I will post a picture as soon as I have a camera available.

Post #14618 24th Feb 2008 10:38 am
Gambba

npinks wrote:
Nothing as posh as yours Big Cry

You probably did get a discount on your FL2 though....an impossible feet over here with car dealers.

Post #14638 24th Feb 2008 7:09 pm
attox

Italy 

attox wrote:
I got one similar to yours. A little smaller keyring in green. What color is yours?
I will post a picture as soon as I have a camera available.

I have posted a picture of my keyring in the Gallery. Yours is definetely more luxurious!

Last edited by attox on 3rd Mar 2008 12:28 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #14646 24th Feb 2008 8:14 pm
Gambba

I like your one, because you can clearly see the LR logo....but I wouldn't swap it Mr. Green

So it seems either it is left to the importers or dealers to sort out the key ring then. I thought there might be a standard key ring that LR supply.

Well guess I've just been very lucky then Thumbs Up

Post #14695 25th Feb 2008 7:14 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Congratulations, Gambba to your new Freely 2 and wishing you undisturbed and trouble-free riding

Best regards
Yamaha-Fan

Post #14734 26th Feb 2008 8:22 am
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Congratulations Gambba. I know how happy you feel right now. Have a happy driving.
Suppose you dont need chains in the sand. Cool

Key rings: Mine has a bronze-plate kind of thing attached to it. Not bad. Never thought about differences in key-rings though. It works. Starts the car, locks the car, opens it... I suppose it does what it is supposed to do....

Drive safely now, Gambba. No speeding-tickets now, do you hear? Wink 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #14904 28th Feb 2008 8:16 pm
Gambba

VIKING wrote:
Drive safely now, Gambba. No speeding-tickets now, do you hear? Wink

Too late!!! Had one after only 3 or 4 days of driving, but here sometimes you just can't tell what the speed limit is on some roads...it was 4 lanes wide and I thought it was at least an 80km/h limit....but guess its actually a 70km/h!

Anyway will pop to one of the police payment machines at the mall and pay my 30 euro ticket Laughing
The trick is though to make your ticket count here, so don't pay 30 euros for 10km/h over the limit, no instead make sure you are going well over it for the same price Banging Head

Post #14924 29th Feb 2008 6:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Gambba wrote:

Anyway will pop to one of the police payment machines at the mall and pay my 30 euro ticket Laughing

Rolling with laughter Shocked what ever next Shocked Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14937 29th Feb 2008 10:28 am
Gambba

Completed 900 kms now and using the sport and commandshift modes now, which allows me to listen to the straight six sing. At high speed the car is very stable and I am pretty happy with the acceleartion on the move......although a supercharger wouldn't go a miss Twisted Evil

Extremely happy with the Bluetooth PTI system and since pairing it at the dealer have not had to do anything with it since.

There are no creeks or rattles, and the drive is near silent and the sound insulation means that exterior noises are all but gone, turning other road users horn honks into muffled farts! Shocked

The handling is taking some getting use to after coming from the go-kart like A3 I had previously, but I am yet to find a bend that the car has reacted badly to, and even found myself gaining on a Saab turbo through a bend and overtaking on the exit.....and he was going for it.

I am still grining everyday......

Post #15122 4th Mar 2008 5:05 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I find the fl2 to be a lot quieter then the A3 and that was hardly a noise machine.

Post #15124 4th Mar 2008 9:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>