« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Got My TPMS System In
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Got My TPMS System In

Finally got round to transferring the aftermarket TPMS system from my old car into the Freelander. I know the tyre pressures displayed aren't correct, they don't update until your on the move, but I think the temperatures are probably right, the passenger side was in the sun and the drivers side in the shade).

Click image to enlarge

The system itself is a Steelmate TP-05 (which they don't seem to sell anymore), cost me about £100 few years back. It was a bit pricey moving it into the Freelander because I had to get a GVIF unit to sit between it and the screen, and then I had to get a special Freelander 2 GVIF cable shipped from the United states. The GVIF cost me £220, but it did come with a Reversing Camera which I can fit at a later date and it also gives me the ability to hook up my Archos multimedia player if I wish so I can have a video menu of mp3 tracks on the screen. The GVIF cable cost a whopping £94 including shipping from America.

All installed under the drivers seat, TPMS on the left, GVIF on the right. It became a bit of a rats nest of wires under the seat but thankfully there is lots of room down the side of the Nav DVD unit.
Click image to enlarge

The button to switch between the GVIF screens. I could have wired it into the CAN bus and used the on screen menu to switch screens but I took a brief look at my Halfords wire stripper and decided against that. Maybe later.
Click image to enlarge

This is the Wireless button to invoke the TPMS screen (the screen is blank until you press this and then it displays information for about 10 seconds)
Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #182889 5th May 2013 5:35 pm
Bugblatter

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up 2013 RR Evoque Pure Tech
2012 TD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey - gone

Post #182930 5th May 2013 7:29 pm
tims

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

Looks good!

Is the screen just for your TPMS ?

Post #182939 5th May 2013 7:48 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

No, it now switchable between about 5 screens. The screen is plugged into the GVIF unit, which allows several units to be plugged into it, one of those is the existing SatNav via a special adapter cable, other units can also be plugged into the GVIF via RCA cables, one of those is the TPMS system. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #182977 5th May 2013 9:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1