Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Photos Of My New Evoque Pure Tech With Bespoke Additions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Photos Of My New Evoque Pure Tech With Bespoke Additions.

As asked for & promised here are some photos of my new Barolo Black Evoque Pure Tech with bespoke colourisation & other additions.
Hope you like.............
1st two pictures are when "Bertie" Barolo arrived at the dealer from the factory.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And now.........
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #173927 3rd Mar 2013 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Here is the detail about him..........

Well all I can say is we love him. I was initially a little sceptical trading from a Dynamic Lux to a Pure Tech but with the additions I have done I have no regrets now. That's not saying I disliked the Dynamic at all!
Bertie the Barolo is a Pure Tech SD4 Manual - Cirrus Interior with the following Factory options :-
Tech Pack,
Signature Xenons,
Fog Lamps,
Powerfold/Puddle Lamp Mirrors,
Rear Camera,
Auto Dim Mirror,
Privacy Glass,
Panoramic Roof,
825W Meridian Audio.

Standard Dealer Options :-
Brushed Alluminium Roof Rails.

Option Fitted Myself At Dealer :-
Dynamic Black Front Grill.

Bespoke Additions/Modifications :-
Custom Firenze Red painted additions to Front & Rear Bumper Bull Bar Style Finishers / Wing Vents & Tailgate Finisher. Sump & rear lower bumper gaurds colour coded in Barolo along with the lower door trim insert finishers.
Standard Pure Alluminium dash insert trim finisher replaced with the Dynamic Gloss Black Strata.

Other Additions Supplied By Myself From Ebay That Dealer Kindly Fitted FOC :-
Swapped over the 18" Pure wheels with my 20" Style 7 then delivered the others home to me FOC.
Fitted Chrome Side Tubes,
Fitted Mud Flap Set.
Dynamic Sports Pedal Set.

I must say a massive thanks to Harwoods Of Edenbridge, Kent for really looking after me with this car, they have been 110%.
They had allready offered me a good PX over book but then I sold it privately so they then gave me £1500 discount as a gesture.
They loaned me FOC a 62 Plate Freelander SD4 Auto HSE for 5 weeks while I waited for Bertie which I took to Liverpool to see Bertie's birth & they paid for my family to go on the factory tour. They fitted my roof rails free & gave me 50% discount on the rails too (this was commision for recomending a customer to them).
They agreed to sort that dash trim for me considering I said to them I wanted it no matter what & added that I would only pay the £200 upgrade cost that it would be on a Dynamic & not a penny more!
Then the above items I supplied all fitted.
Then the fact that I requested all the custom paintwork & that had to be planned & sorted. The bodyshop was about 12 miles away for which the car was collected on a low loader & then trailered back.

Only one issue & that was the driver of the low loader who put my car on it didn't have the common sense to put a mat on my carpet & put mud etc on the floor for which I was irritated to say the least.
I pointed this out to the sales manager on Thursday when I was there who was looking at it with the parts manager & I joked - that's got to be worth a set of Premium Mats? He said to the Parts Manager - Order Andy a set of Premium mats.
Oh & I got a full tank of fuel too.
I am a very happy bunny indeed & would thoroughly recomend Harwoods Group!

I will add photos tomorrow. I personally think the car looks stunning. Always a bit of a worry when you get an idea in your head about doing custom paintwork & wondering how it will look! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #173929 3rd Mar 2013 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jimski

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

What a fantastic motor.....all credit to the dealer for the extra bits!!

Love it....the red bits are awesome! Very jealous mate, one day eh!! 2013 FL2 - Black Edition Auto
2013 FL2 - Black Edition Manual GONE!
Founder of the 'Microscopic LR Spoiler Badge Club'
Destroyer of chrome rears.....

Post #173933 3rd Mar 2013 8:29 pm
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Great! Thumbs Up I joined the Baby RR forum just to comment on your new Evoque. How come you changed the wheels? I went into an LR dealer today and sat in an Evoque and I must say it was nice inside. It was in Mauritius blue and it looked fantastic! Bow down I was very tempered to order a new 13MY FL2 in Mauritius blue but I resisted. The Evoque is nice inside especially with the pano roof, but I'm not to keen on the exterior and that the rear visibility is not as good IMO.

Good luck ,and maybe you will veer back to Freelanders one day. Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #173944 3rd Mar 2013 9:05 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Looks amazing Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Love the fact it's shinier after you've done your stuff than when it arrived from the factory. Your dealer sounds first class, but when will other dealerships learn that if you treat your customers right they will be loyal in return.

Purely out of interest - what made you go for a manual ?

p.s They only lend you decent courtesy cars because they know you will clean them better than they can Very Happy _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #173962 3rd Mar 2013 10:46 pm
defenderben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Lovely motor, the red bits are not my cup of tea but would never say no to one Smile
Enjoy. (GONE) FL2 2008 SE (manual) Santorini Black, the expensive one Sad
(LEFT WITH) 300tdi Defender 90 the cold, reliable & sensible one Smile

Post #173966 3rd Mar 2013 11:12 pm
The Valeter

chrisr1806 wrote:
Great! Thumbs Up I joined the Baby RR forum just to comment on your new Evoque. How come you changed the wheels? I went into an LR dealer today and sat in an Evoque and I must say it was nice inside. It was in Mauritius blue and it looked fantastic! Bow down I was very tempered to order a new 13MY FL2 in Mauritius blue but I resisted. The Evoque is nice inside especially with the pano roof, but I'm not to keen on the exterior and that the rear visibility is not as good IMO.
Good luck ,and maybe you will veer back to Freelanders one day. Laughing Thumbs Up

I very nearly came back to Freelander 2 with a Dynamic (Plus Pack) in Fuji white with the Black/Red leather plus options that I had on my previous Freelander HSE that were standard but by the time I did that the list price was £1000 more than Bertie & the conclusion was made by myself & the dealer that the Freelander would lose more quicker & going on what I had lost on my Red Evoque being very small it seemed as though another Evoque was the best bet & given I loved the Dynamic Evoque I had I think I would have regretted not getting another.

Went for manual to keep the cost down & that was the only reason though I feel in an Evoque you can get away with either manual or auto as the both drive well due to the design of the car though Prestige Evoque needs to be auto because of the trim level.
I had a manual FL2 & never again = very hard work compared to Ewok. The FL2 HSE the dealer lent me was very comfortable indeed in auto guise & a fantastic cruiser. FL2 is far better as an auto.
Freelander is more practical for what I use them for but I just love everything about the Evoque so accept the less practical side of it! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #173986 4th Mar 2013 1:52 am
chrisr1806

As I said, it's i nice inside but it feels smaller, and I don't like how small the rear window compared to the FL2.

It looks great, happy travelling. Thumbs Up

Do you have any pictures of Evoque No.1?

Post #174066 4th Mar 2013 6:51 pm
The Valeter

chrisr1806 wrote:
As I said, it's i nice inside but it feels smaller, and I don't like how small the rear window compared to the FL2.

It looks great, happy travelling. Thumbs Up

Do you have any pictures of Evoque No.1?

Here is a link to my Photobucket gallery of the Firenze Red Dynamic Lux.

http://s260.beta.photobucket.com/user/Exec...4753819383

Click image to enlarge
 (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #174096 4th Mar 2013 8:24 pm
chrisr1806

Bow down

It looks great! Much nicer than you new Evoque IMO. Whistle

Post #174105 4th Mar 2013 9:09 pm
The Valeter

Two totally different models but both are lovely in their own right. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #174130 4th Mar 2013 10:24 pm
chrisr1806

Yes. Thumbs Up

Post #174131 4th Mar 2013 10:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1