Home > Technical > retro fit door approach lamps light and broken door mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fredastaire

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
retro fit door approach lamps light and broken door mirrors

Please can somebody assist?
I want to retro fit door lamps to my GS. I have spoken with Dan so I know I can buy the lamps. My next event was to look at the wiring and see what is installed. I have undone the right hand side door mirror and lowered it enough to find the harness of the mirror assembly. I have found only six wires; Purple, Black, Green, Brown, Red and Blue. this doesnt tie up with the Topix wiring diagram however thinking logistically I guess I dont have mirror sensors because the car doesnt have any memory for the driver choice; equally I am going to guess that I dont have the ambient air temp sensor T119; so that leaves the servo in/out, two mirror adjust motors and the heating element, so six wires and ive only found six!; that seems to suggest that the mirror assy doesnt have the light wiring installed, ready built into the harness.
So before I go stripping the door card off to get at the Drivers door Module D253, does anybody have any broken door mirrors (inc mirror lamps), in their garage they dont want which may allow me to investigate what wiring is in and see if I can find a way to retro fit. Ive also seen the Topix details on removing a mirror glass and tried it unsuccessfully as i'm frightened of breaking a good mirror glass and having a hefty LR bill for the part.
Any ideas / suggestions welcome 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
Other cars:-
1958 & 1959 Austin J40 Pedal Cars under restoration (I make many J40 parts)
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #172592 21st Feb 2013 7:55 pm
xtd5

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Barolo Black

Mirrors with puddle lights / powerfold have two electrical connectors to the mirror. think you would need the wiring in the door for the second plug?

Post #172641 22nd Feb 2013 10:27 am
fredastaire

Approach lamps

I am guessing that the door control module will be a standard part with terminals ready however it might need a dealer switch on. I have powerfold and heated and the servo adjust.
I just want to investigate the mirror mechanics/wiring before attempting the more destructive door casing removal.
If I can solve the mirror bit I might just link in to the puddle lamps.
Any further ideas welcome. Has anybody got old mirror wiring going spare?

Post #172646 22nd Feb 2013 11:03 am
fredastaire

Mirror approach lamps

Hi all
Ive taken the door card off and found the wiring all there for mirror approach lamps but the output is only 0.2 volts which I guess just indicates that it's wired to the door module but not programmed. I've also had the door mirror off and found a way of adding the wiring through the pivot hinge. I am now thinking of using Corsa boot lights with LED festoon bulbs wired back to the footwell lamps. I've changed the footwell lamp bulbs to LED basic bulbs with no Canbus faults so I should be able to add the extra bulbs on the same circuit.
Is there anybody local to Derby with laptop software who could programme the door modules?
Has anybody else got comments on this retro fit?
PS I've still got that spare FL 2.2 engine in my garage looking for a new home.

Post #176046 18th Mar 2013 12:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1