Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dead rear offside door, help needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
vectis

United Kingdom 

Undecided, I still can't open the door but have checked and I have power to the door module so I think the next step is to order one of those, just confirming the part number with Dan at Duckworth and if it is the one we think it's £34 delivered so not too bad.

Post #172586 21st Feb 2013 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Fingers crossed mate.

Post #172590 21st Feb 2013 6:54 pm
vectis

United Kingdom 

Nearly sorted, it definately is the door control module landrover part number LR009023, the part arrived today in a sealed landrover box but unfortunately one of the fixing lugs was broken but I fitted it to check and all is now working, I am just waiting for a replacement part to come through so I can put my door back together. £34 for the part so not as expensive a fix as I originally feared.

Post #173330 26th Feb 2013 6:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wizking

Glad to hear you have it all in hand. Thumbs Up

Post #173340 26th Feb 2013 7:33 pm
vectis

United Kingdom 

Fixed!
Replacement module arrived this morning and now fitted and all working, the only tricky bit was fitting the wires and door release cable back to the door card and getting the clips lined up but I found if you open the window you can get your head directly above it making life easier. Now to go and give her a wash brush up. Thanks to Dan at Duckworth for excellent service in getting me the bits.
I have taken the old module apart but can't see any signs of component failure and surprised by the complexity of the circuit board for the price.

Post #173782 2nd Mar 2013 2:09 pm
wizking

I don't suppose you managed to get any pictures of the job, would be handy for others.

Post #173787 2nd Mar 2013 4:12 pm
vectis

United Kingdom 

I did take a few today of the door without the panel on so you can see what's inside, the position of the clips and out of interest the door module after I'd taken it apart, I will get them uploaded shortly.
Having had to work this morning, fix the caf, walk the dogs and wash the car I am going to put my feet up and have a beer!

Post #173788 2nd Mar 2013 4:30 pm
wizking

Don't blame you. Well done though, you saved yourself a fortune from having a garage do the work. Thumbs Up

Post #173789 2nd Mar 2013 5:14 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

If you have a good diagnostic meter this will check all the door moduals for faults and store them on the ecu. Be careful what you unplug. All door moduals have a constant supply to them and disconecting them could mean you need it reprograming.
My drivers door modual was comming up with fault "intermittant" So I changed it. Several fuctions stopped working from locking to window winding. Placed back on meter, now had fault codes with loss of comunication to front door modual and rear door modual"drivers side" Meter was saying incompatable softwear and needed reprogramming. What a pain.
Landrover have said it will take then 30 mins to reprograme, oh well cheaper than them replacing the modual in the first place.

Post #173800 2nd Mar 2013 6:12 pm
ad210358

England 

That will be why in the book LR do advise to disconnect the battery and ground the terminals prior to unplugging.

Post #173804 2nd Mar 2013 7:43 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I did this. But as with all controll moduals you just can't disconnect one and replace it with a new one and hope the ECU wont notice. All these moduals comunicate with each. When a new one has been fitted it is blank and the ECU will see this and wont no what its ment to do thus loss of comunication and incompatable softwear fault codes.

Post #173842 3rd Mar 2013 8:59 am
ad210358

England 

Designed to get you to visit the dealer and hand over your hard earned Thumbs Up

Post #173845 3rd Mar 2013 9:42 am
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but if the module(s) need a constant live to keep working (properly?), why/how do they keep working after the battery has been disconnected Question

Ghyllie oo! Shiney!

Post #173847 3rd Mar 2013 9:49 am
vectis

United Kingdom 

I disconnected the battery as advised before replacing the module but had taken the fuse out and disconnected the b pillar plug with the battery connected when I was faultfinding to see if I had power to the rear door and have swapped the door module twice, once with the one that came through with a broken lug to see if this fixed the fault and then with the replacement and having recalibrated the windows and the one touch unlocking everything seems to be working as it should, I spoke to a couple of technicians at Guy Salmon at Portsmouth when I was trying to locate the problem and they didn't say anything about the need to reprogram when replacing the module.

Post #173852 3rd Mar 2013 10:48 am
EYorkshire

Everything is tickety boo Thumbs Up You have a new module that will be/is recognised not a corrupt one.
Once the module is plugged in, recognised and the 'handshaking' done between it and the ECU it's business as usual.

Post #173860 3rd Mar 2013 11:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>