Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > How lucky is this muppet ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand
How lucky is this muppet ?

Not only does he miss his own wall, look at the speed of the passing cars before and after. Lucky he didn't kill someone.

Post #161566 20th Nov 2012 12:36 am
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I have to admit, I once reversed up the driveway to my trailer, left it in gear (accidentally) but with the handbrake applied and hooked up the trailer. When I got back in the car and realised what I had done I gave myself a bit of a telling off! 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #161571 20th Nov 2012 8:01 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

An even bigger Muppet for telling the world about his reckless behaviour unless of course his kids posted the clip. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #161714 21st Nov 2012 12:01 pm
muddywheels

England 

I had a disco and parked at side of house to unhook trailer - thought I put it in P but it was in R and back then I did not realise you could turn it off and remove key like this Embarassed

I moved the trailer and came back to find disco gone and thought it had been stolen so ran down to road and looked left and right but could not see it - then looked across road and it was in my neighbours front garden - it had punched through his wall but was unmarked and nobody hit it Shocked

The dog was in the boot and everyone took the michael because of that advert with the dog and for weeks all I heard was "is your dog called lucky" Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #161715 21st Nov 2012 12:31 pm
stooby

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Rimini Red
Well...

We had just moved into our new house. It's a street with 9 houses and we were the first ones in.
Our driveway is on a slope and I had come out to the other half's car (Ford Focus estate at the time) to get something from the back seat. I locked the car and as I walked away I heard the car groan. I knew immediately that it sounded like the brakes and that she might not have left the car in gear. Indeed, I walked back to the car and gave it a shove (Duh, stupid I know) and it started moving. I got behind it aand braced against it to stop it rolling (this was faster and easier than trying to get the keys out of my pocket, unlocking it and getting to the hand brake). So I held the car back and then realised that there was no one around to see my predicament. The other half was in the house and busy. I managed to get my mobile phone out and called the house. The other half saw it was me and ignored it!!! Naughty moo. She eventually picked up and (slowly) came to my rescue...

Post #161753 21st Nov 2012 3:57 pm
muddywheels

England 

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #161756 21st Nov 2012 4:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

My mum reversed her car up e drive, put it in P (actually D) and got out to open the garden gate

Realised her car was creeping forward and jumped back in and on the foot break, put it in P ( Read R) and got out

Realised the car was moving with her and tried to stop it by pushing on the frame and open door in a panic, fell over and the car drove over her foot with its front wheel and the open door was just above her head nearly dragging her along

It stopped when it hit the unopened garden gate luckily

To make things worse she was going to be having a op on the foot that week which need to be canceled till the swelling and bruising went down

Post #161759 21st Nov 2012 4:50 pm
Bugblatter

United Kingdom 

Many years ago I had a left hand drive car. I was going somewhere in it with a friend and he wanted to stop off at a shop and buy some ciggies. I stopped opposite the shop which was on double yellows as he nipped across the road to get his cigs. Just then a car in a parking bay in front set off, so I rolled forward into the space. As I did so, a passer by jumped into the passenger seat (which would be the drivers seat in a right hand drive car). Turns out he had seen my friend get out and thought that he was the driver and when he saw the car roll forward thought he had left the handbrake off! 2013 RR Evoque Pure Tech
2012 TD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey - gone

Post #161815 21st Nov 2012 9:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1