0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes: 26

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great photo, looks to have caught a shooting star too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #157232 11th Oct 2012 11:27 pm
LRswe

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

yeah its a fun one, but I was really lazy in PP. I will need to read a little and see how to do it properly!... over a glass of Bowmore no less!.

Post #157347 12th Oct 2012 8:46 pm
taztastic

England 

Can't see any shooting stars but there is dust on the sensor Whistle

What did you use for lighting, that's very well lit Thumbs Up

Won't have time tomorrow as by the time it's dark we will be getting merry Laughing

Priced up for components to make a rig and get some running shots.

Post #157353 12th Oct 2012 9:10 pm
LRswe

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

hehe Very funny : )

The torch is a LED Lenser T7... it had tactical in the name, so I just had to have it.. really powerfull small torch that runs on 4 AAA cells. If you look at the front of the car, you can see my ghost lol... It wasnt all lit up in one go, I painted around a bit.

Cant wait to see this timelapse rig!! : )

Post #157369 13th Oct 2012 12:19 am
taztastic

England 

Need a new torch but those are mega money, get great reviews though.

I am looking at a rig to attach to the car, suction cups and scaffold poles, keep playing with photoshop but can't get good results like you can with a rig.

Post #157377 13th Oct 2012 8:13 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

FINAL PUSH

TIME TO GET YOUR VOTES IN, THE POLL WILL END AT THE END OF OCTOBER

YOUR VOTES WILL COUNT ON HERE, UNLIKE THE X FACTOR Exclamation Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #158458 23rd Oct 2012 2:45 pm
yorkshiregrit

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Bali Blue

Some cracking photos on here chaps! Shame I have missed all the fun! Been busy shooting weddings of late and not been on here as much as I would have liked - will have to keep my eye on the board for more photo trips and such like!

As for the images I will join taz in a little constructive critique if thats ok!

#1 Nice creative angle and a a nice idea, as mentioned the house in the bottom left corner distracts the eye somewhat, the sky could perhaps benefit from a touch more saturation to boost the colours too?

#2 A nice shot and well executed, not sure about the crop, would perhaps work better in landscape with a little more of both the car and the view included for me? Also a little more flash onto the car (perhaps some off-camera) would have made a more dynamic image

#3 I like this image as it has the landscape format that was not in the previous one! Perhaps a slight boost of the exposure on the rear of the car would help but only very slightly!

#4 Another similar image taken in landscape, as with the first image some more powerful (and maybe off camera) flash would have brought the car into the image a little more.

#5 A really fun photo (glad its not my car!) technically a little flat and under exposed, a boost to the brightness and the contrast would be nice

#6 A really simple composition that works well, the car is nicely exposed but the hills behind have become a little "hazy" perhaps a polarising filter or a Neutral Density Graduated filter would have been great (or a similar effect applied in photoshop!) i would also clone out the sign at the rear of the car in photoshop too to tidy things up!

#7 Lovely reflection and nice colour and tone, not 100% sure about the crop however as it would be nice to see the whole of the car for me!

#8 really nice composition and a simple silhouette, not sure that the heavy vingnette in the top corners is a little over the top as it reduces the size of the sky. Also the horizon is not quite straight, which is likely to be a lens distortion that needs photoshop correction.

#9 Another nice sunset with great colour and tone, would be nice to see more of the car to really show that this is a freelander

#10 Great shot and good exposure of both sky and foreground, would like to have seen this angle in the previous shot of the sunset! Love the slightly dirty window which adds to the sense of go-anywhere exploring!

#11 Lock up your Daughters!

#12 Lock up your Livestock!

#13 A really creative shot again, a nice way to combine the car and the sunset in the image, however slightly over sharpened and lost some contrast due to the processing of the image (looks a little bit HDR to me?)

#14 I like this shot (shame about the lack of FL2 in it!) it a nice sun kissed image thanks to the flare etc.

#15 Love this shot, the sky is great the composition it good and the location is good! Would have been great to have some flash from the right hand side of the image to bring the car's flank up to the same exposure as the bonnet, could perhaps be photoshopped to increase exposure in this area and give the illusion of flash here?

#16 A lovely reflection and great tone and colour! The crop works well too, perhaps not the most dynamic image of the bunch however.

#17 A really good balance between the car's exposure and that of the sky, if anything this image would benefit from a decreased exposure in the bottom right corner to darken the foreground tarmac which can be a little distracting. The horizon has a small amount of pin cushion lens distortion which can be fixed in photoshop.

#18 Creative idea executed pretty well, perhaps not the strongest sunset means that the warm tons of the sunset are a little lost against the rest of the image.

#19 Would like to see this image without the grain applied as it has the making of a great image! straighten the horizon, little bit under exposure on the sky and this might be my winner!!

Overall it is very hard to choose as there are some great photos, I shall cast my vote now but any of these (other than a few obvious exceptions) would be worthy winners!!

Alex

Post #158470 23rd Oct 2012 4:40 pm
taztastic

England 

Great feedback Alex Thumbs Up

Looking forward to getting some from you, off to have a play now with the grainy one. Whistle

Post #158475 23rd Oct 2012 5:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thanks for taking time out to give critique on the submissions Thumbs Up

We'll Have to start thinking of the next subject now Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #158486 23rd Oct 2012 8:00 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Winter Nick?
Should we get one this time Laughing Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #158489 23rd Oct 2012 8:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I was thinking winters to obvious if the fl2 included Laughing

Winter landscapes, with the FL2 parked within the shot Idea

So the cars not the focal point up close portrait style car photos but hidden within Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #158490 23rd Oct 2012 8:32 pm
Pegleg

Maybe no FL2 aswell?
Sometimes having a car can ruin a shot. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #158491 23rd Oct 2012 8:40 pm
taztastic

England 

Nicks won't show up against he snow anyway Rolling with laughter

Post #158495 23rd Oct 2012 9:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Oh well I have been found out Embarassed Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #158496 23rd Oct 2012 9:09 pm
Pegleg

There's no smoke without fire Laughing Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #158501 23rd Oct 2012 10:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>