« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > One quote direct - advice please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
One quote direct - advice please

Insurance is now up for renewal and despite earning my 4th year no claims, AXA now want £77 per month as opposed to £52 that I paid last year Shocked Evil or Very Mad

So, having gone mad with both comparison sites and direct with some companies, one quote direct (through Allianz) offered £44 per month with £250 excess and an initial payment of £116. Plus protected NCD thrown in.

I have no experience of one quote direct but I have discovered that they do have UK call centre's which is a bonus! Does anyone have any experience with these?

**One issue I found is that when I declared that I had epilepsy (DVLA aware), it would not generate a quote and suggested phoning them. The DVLA licence people to drive and if they have cleared me (they have), then insurance companies have no concerns there. In fact some companies don't even ask.

Next best quote was Sainsburys at £55 per month with £250 excess, £126 initial payment, protected NCD and premium cover which includes:

Lost/stolen keys
Guaranteed courtesy car
Uninsured driver cover

Hmmm.... LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #154621 13th Sep 2012 1:57 pm
Northsea Medic

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Now on my 4th year with LV as they have always been very helpful and good price. Not always the cheapest out there but when you look at everything (excess etc) they work out brilliantly. Just renewed this year - phoned to discuss the renewal price and got another £50 knocked off. £236, £100 excess, protected NC etc, European use, courtesy care etc.
I know the proof is in the service when you need to claim and as I have no experience of this I cant comment - however, the service from every call I have had has been excellent...

Post #154623 13th Sep 2012 2:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

sainsburys were my old insurance company, always found them ok, though when i did make a claim, they employed a PI to investigate the driver as they thought he was uninsured, and spend months looking in to it, only for me to see the chap who was hit off his motorbike and hit my car, to find out from him that the driver was insured and he was fully paid out months previously, so i had to recall Sainsburys to tell them with details he provided me. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #154624 13th Sep 2012 2:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1