Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Brake Wear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Andy131

United Kingdom 

The rear pads are thinner than the fronts.
Changed the rears at 25K, 51K and looking like they need a new set again at 80K -- currently at 74k miles.
Fronts lasted 45k ish miles, still plenty of meat left on the second set.

Looks like new disks will be needed on the rear this time. Pads all even when worn - so calipers are not sticking.
Always been heavy on brakes, even more so since I went auto.

Worst was a Transit, 10K average for a set of front pads - had 9 sets in two years - not a happy lease company.

God only knows what the rear shoes are like - never looked, but I have a full set of pads and shoes in the garage waiting. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #153089 31st Aug 2012 5:42 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Re: Brake Wear

GJH0702 wrote:
Just had first service- when I collected car they went through check list- confused Rear Brakes 50% worn front brakes 20% worn ( after 15k miles)
I cannot remember changing rear pads prior to 50k miles on previous cars- is it the 'norm' for rears to wear faster than fronts on a Freelander?
Many thanks

Only had my freelander 2 around a month now, it's a 58 reg with 60k on the clock. Checking through previous receipts & service history. I noticed that the rear disc's & pad's were changed at the dealers in March this year, went for an mot at another dealers in June. They'd stated 50% wear on rear's & fronts Laughing I inspected them myself, I'd say both the disc's & pads are looking close to new on the back. As the car has only covered 3k since March. Trust issue? You could always try another dealer next time your car is due a service.
My next service I will take to an independent or do it myself, as I won't have any warranty issue's to worry about. During the warranty period, I tend to stick with the stealers.

I've just changed front brake pad's & disc's on my Astra H. First front set from new & now covered 50k, Rears still have around 50% wear remaining on the pads & the back pads are smaller. So won't be changing them for at least a couple of years.

Post #155395 21st Sep 2012 11:02 pm
pfjths

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Had the car from new. Now on 65k and origional pads all round. Keep asking the uy who services the car - he keeps saying they are fine. Car stops OK so I'm not complaining.

Post #155406 22nd Sep 2012 8:52 am
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

pfjths wrote:
Had the car from new. Now on 65k and origional pads all round. Keep asking the uy who services the car - he keeps saying they are fine. Car stops OK so I'm not complaining.

I'm impressed. So there's hope for landy's then Thumbs Up I thought I was doing well at a 50k change. Landy has now gone.

Post #155464 23rd Sep 2012 1:00 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12