« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Lookers Colchester
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
builder

England 
Lookers Colchester

Not happy with salesman whose only interest was in me signing up for the car. when I asked about various points regarding the car he was less than enthusiastic, a point noticed also by my wife. Sad Sad Sad

It's as if they think that as they are the local dealer you will buy from them whatever, not the case here, took my cash and business elsewhere. Not another lookers dealer Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

I would have prefered to help local business but they have to earn it not expect it.

Post #11096 2nd Dec 2007 5:01 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

builder

Good for you. I did exactly the same thing when I bought my FL2.
My local dealer just didnt seem that interested in even serving me when I went in and that was on two occasions.
I went to a totally different dealership 30 miles away in East Kent, and was met with the utmost courtesy and professionalism, even though they were busy at the time. Revisited 2 more times to satisfy myself as to exactly what I wanted, there was no pressure and nothing was too much bother.
No prizes for guessing which one got my business.

Handover was first class as well!

Post #11110 2nd Dec 2007 7:52 pm
builder

England 

Have had a few persolal messages from other forum users who are also displeased with the atitude of the sales people.
If you feel you have to use them best speak to Ian.

Post #12410 31st Dec 2007 2:15 pm
ant

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Baltic Blue

recently took delivery of FL2, and have to say the whole experience was excellent. Alex, the young salesman was patient and knowledgable, the only car salesman I have ever met who knows anything at all about the 85% rule whilst caravanning. All the weights etc thoroughly explained. Handover fine, massive apologies from them for scratching the front pillars, since rectified, but no charge for fitting mudflaps and massive hamper in boot. Only one key supplied, but picking up another in a few days. All positive really. FL2 TD4 S Baltic Blue, with twin electrics and towbar, roofrails, luggage cover, spare wheel and mudflaps.

Post #20460 19th May 2008 9:47 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Hamper Shocked you need to be sharing that with the other forum members, especially those in Yorkshire Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20462 19th May 2008 11:06 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

It’s probably not much help for UK forum members, but I would like to comment on the service I got when I decided to buy a FL2 here in Norway, just in case there are other Norwegian forum lookers that are considering buying. Very Happy

My 100% recommendations go to Bil-Service in Tonsberg. Thumbs Up
On my initial visit, I got 100% attention in a very busy salesroom with as much information I wanted in a very casual, relaxed way, served with fresh coffee Very Happy . A FL2-HSE auto was offered for testing without me asking, by the very polite and reasonably well informed salesman Very Happy . Although it took me several months to decide that I wanted a FL2, my return visit to Bil-Service was again treated as courteously as the first visit and I was loaned the test car for a longer period than the first Very Happy . The part exchange was as painless as it could have been and I ended up with a better specification HSE (which they could supply at once) at a very reasonable price saving, than if I had ordered the spec. I had originally intended Very Happy . I also got a set of alloys with winter tyres of my choice, free insurance for a year etc. etc. Cool

The only negative side to the whole transaction was the Norwegian price compared to the UK-price Crying or Very sad , but that is something the salesman could not do much about. So full points to Bil-Service in Tonsberg.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #20472 20th May 2008 11:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1