« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Hawkeye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
si.

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Hawkeye

Has anyone unlocked the F2 software on their Hawkeye, after using it on another vehicle? Is this a simple process, and does the cable supplied as standard fit the F2? Or are additional connectors required?

Cheers.

Post #146314 20th Jun 2012 11:34 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

From what ive read about it i think you need to buy another unlock code for a different car

Last edited by superspark on 21st Jun 2012 10:00 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #146318 21st Jun 2012 7:36 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not sure what could be unlocked with a unit like this, as we don't have thinks like the d3/d4 or RRS, have such off road 4x4 screens etc

Post #146319 21st Jun 2012 7:38 am
si.

Thank's for your replies.

The Hawkeye handheld already has the software instaled for every LR vehicle in the range. When purchased, the buyer selects which vehicle they wish to have the software unlocked for. After that either individual vehicles, or the entire range packages can be bought. Each unlock code is then entered (somehow) into the handheld, and the device then becomes enabled for that type of vehicle. For example, I selected the Disco 2 when I bought mine, as I owned a D2 then. Hence I now want to unlock the F2 software. When a code is bought from a dealer, the buyer phones Omnitec with this code, and the serial number of their handheld unit. Omnitec then issue the unlock code for that handheld.

Hawkeye can be used for almost everything on LR vehicles. Including reading and reseting trouble or error reports on the ECU, programming new keys etc, giving live data from every engine sensor, testing all the circuits etc on the vehicle.

I found it to be well worth the initial investment (c. £300), as the local LR indy charges £45 to plug their machine in, and a main dealer charges more. Most faults can be quickly identified, the relevent component replaced, and the engine management light reset.

Of course this is all academic until I can work out how to actually unlock the F2, once I've got the code from Omnitec.... Laughing

Post #146364 21st Jun 2012 11:58 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Mines only been used on the FL2- but you do need another dongle (black BA5080) to access the low speed CANbus. It does tell you when to use it, if you don't and continue the system will require a reset as some of the modules will crash their bus. Scary but harmless, you have to clear the DTC from each module in turn.

Black module is required for service reset and fuel fired heater on version 5 of the software. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #146369 21st Jun 2012 1:27 pm
si.

Thanks Andy, I only have the BA5071 which came with the Hawkeye (5070), as that's all the D2 needed.

Does the 5080 connect the 5071 to the F2, or does it replace the 5071 completely? Once connected using a 5080, can all functions be operated, or does this have to be fitted / removed as required, and the 5071 used when the 5080 isn't? Where are the ports located, under the drivers side dash?

I'd be very grateful for any info, as the D2 was just plug in & follow the on screen instructions. It looks like another few beer tokens must be added to the unlock code order... Rolling Eyes

Post #146394 21st Jun 2012 9:50 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Hawkeye tells you when to connect the BA5080 inbetween the normal lead and the OBD port - it also asks you to confirm that you have done it.
Yes the port is visible in the drivers footwell - if you are on your hands and knees that is.

DO NOT leave the 5080 connected when you do not need it, it will crash the communications bus, all the modules (ABS, body, Climate, security, etc.) will stop talking, generate a shed load of faults,and generally make you panic. Easy enough to recover from, once you have cleared each of the modules in turn, but does make you swear the first couple of times - did it twice because I didn't believe I could cause soo much havok with just a few key presses Shocked

I have the manual on PDF but it's 6Meg will gladly emeil it if you want.

Now in my gallery Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #146400 21st Jun 2012 10:38 pm
si.

si. wrote:
Thanks Andy, I only have the BA5071 which came with the Hawkeye (5070), as that's all the D2 needed.

Does the 5080 connect the 5071 to the F2, or does it replace the 5071 completely? Once connected using a 5080, can all functions be operated, or does this have to be fitted / removed as required, and the 5071 used when the 5080 isn't? Where are the ports located, under the drivers side dash?

I'd be very grateful for any info, as the D2 was just plug in & follow the on screen instructions. It looks like another few beer tokens must be added to the unlock code order... Rolling Eyes

You have a PM...

Post #146401 21st Jun 2012 10:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1