« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Ow do?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue
Ow do?

How's the weather on Oz these days? Any sign of that Global Warming? ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #196793 28th Aug 2013 5:27 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Well we're still officially in winter, but here on the south east coast of Victoria it's 9.30am, 14 degrees, and showery. I was in Sydney last weekend - about 450 miles north of us - and it was 23 degrees and sunny. As for global warming, local opinion is that we've had a colder than usual winter, so maybe our carbon tax is working!

Post #196894 29th Aug 2013 12:37 am
taztastic

England 

Apparently the Pacific is cooler than normal, some cyclical event, as it all is in my opinion, that is countering the global warming story, it will swing back to a warmer state in the next few years then I imagine we are all doomed unless saved from eternal damnation by yet another tax. Evil or Very Mad

Post #196904 29th Aug 2013 8:41 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I say more tax on energy Thumbs Up the govt needs it to pay my renewable energy tarrifs At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #196921 29th Aug 2013 10:17 am
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

Barring a few days, I've been in short sleeves all winter. It was 26C today. I'm near Sydney.

Post #196954 29th Aug 2013 1:58 pm
Aussie Battler

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
no global warming in the kimberly

I am working at a remote mine site in the east kimberly region of Wetern Australia . The build up to our tropical wet season started about 4/5 weeks ago and temps have been between 36 and 41 c ,about nornal for this time of year .Later 40 to 45 will be the norm.
lurchers also make great pets
Doug

Post #202872 13th Oct 2013 11:24 am
mikehzz

Diary of a Pom in Karratha, Western Australia

August 31st
Just got transferred with work into our new home in Karratha, Western Australia!! Now this is a town that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on the verandah It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

September 13th:
Really heating up. Got to 35 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshiper.

September 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th
The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th:
Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th:
I missed Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car for lunch, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $3,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran away. The car now smells like Wiskettes and cat Censored . I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

October 25th:
The wind sucks. It feels like a giant f**king blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the blink and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needed to order parts.

October 30th:
Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. Bloody $300,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

November 4th:
It's 38 degrees. Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 25, but the bloody humidity makes the house feel like it's about 30. Stupid repairman. I hate this stupid f**king place.

November 8th:
If another wise arse cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to f**king throttle him. f**king heat! By the time I get to work the car's radiator was boiling over, my clothes are soakin f**king wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

November 9th:
Tried to run some messages after work. Wore shorts, and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car. I thought my f**king arse was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my f**king arse. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried arse, and baked cat.

November 10th:
The weather report might as well be a f**king recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and f**king sunny. It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn f**king place? Water rationing will be next, so my $2,000 worth of palms just might dry up and blow into the f**king pool. Even the palms can't live in this f**king heat.

November 14th:
Welcome to Australia!!! Temperature got to 41 today. Now the air-conditioner's gone in my car. The repairman came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail my arse out of jail for assaulting the stupid f**ker. F**king Karratha! What kind of a sick demented f**king idiot would want to live here?

December 1st:
WHAT????? This is the first day of Summer???? You are f**king kidding

Post #202882 13th Oct 2013 1:38 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #202889 13th Oct 2013 3:10 pm
EYorkshire

Censored the weather, Censored the car, Censored the air con .......... poor kitty Sad

Post #202891 13th Oct 2013 3:25 pm
mikehzz

Don't worry, I think it's fake because while everything in the diary is pretty accurate weatherwise, he doesn't mention swallowing a mouthfull of flies anywhere...

Post #202995 14th Oct 2013 9:31 am
EYorkshire

Laughing

Post #203001 14th Oct 2013 9:54 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

put a Very Happy funny read that Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #203003 14th Oct 2013 10:05 am
Nairbr

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

$300,000 for house in Karratha, maybe in the '70s. Great Yarn thou. Thumbs Up

Post #203122 15th Oct 2013 1:45 am
mikehzz

I don't know about global warming, but there's definately suburb warming. Smile I live in a dead end street of around 20 houses and 9 of them including my neighbours are burnt to the ground. A total of nearly 200 houses have been lost in our area. It was touch and go with our house for quite a while but it seems ok now. Luckily, I saw the smoke from about 10kms away and decided to return home in case it was close. Well 30 mins later they blocked access for safety reasons. Those who were at home did well to beat back the fire but other houses with noone home just burnt down.

Post #203705 19th Oct 2013 12:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

All we (as in us poms)have is the occasional worry about flooding, bit too much snow, power cuts and the risk of a council funded chav family moving into the street

Must be awful feeling knowing that that smoke could have been you house

Never mind the feeling of been in the thick of it whilst your neighbours burnt down Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #203708 19th Oct 2013 7:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>