« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sedimenter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bobh

Australia 
Sedimenter

Some one should be able to help me. I opened the hex key on the sedimenter to its full travel,smelt diesel and a gurgling noise but nothing came out of the drain,is this because there was no contamination present or an error on my part. I enjoy reading the forum,it has been agreat assistance to me,freelander has done 35k kilometers with no problem apart from a leak from the Gertrag gearbox due to insufficient sealant,fixed after numerous attempts at 10k kilometers and no problem since. It was present at new which is unsatisfactory,like the car but will shop elsewhere next time,lots of Discos in Aussie but Freebies rare as hen's teeth,look forward to a few replies. Cheers, Bob H

Post #143627 21st May 2012 6:04 am
alex_pescaru

No, it's OK what you have done.
Maybe you didn't unscrew it all the way or maybe you should pull it up a little.
But not all the way, just until it stops.
The idea is for the lower seal to raise above the lower opening in order to allow the fluid to escape.
See here the pictures to understand the mechanism: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic7066-15.html

PS: And another thing... Before this operation unscrew the fuel cap in order to equalize the pressures. If not because of the consumption in the tank can be a little vacuum and the gurgling sound could be the air entering the circuit instead of the liquid escaping...

Post #143630 21st May 2012 7:44 am
bobh

Australia 

Thank you very much Alex. Tomorrow I will try again and remove the filler cap as you recommend.Regards, Bob

Post #143641 21st May 2012 11:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1