« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Purchasing 2007 Freelander TD4 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tigger

United Kingdom 

sarahharris1 wrote:
Well, today was the day I picked up my FL2 and I have to say I love it. So far, since 3pm, Ive managed to clock up 100 miles and the garage was only 35 miles away!
Been hairing round Mid Sussex like a lunatic.
I know this isn't the forum to ask on but the only thing I have noticed is a very slight, and I do mean slight, hissing/squeeking noise coming from the power steering. It's hardly there at all really and sounds more like a mouse stuck somewhere.
The thing is though, is this normal for the car? or is something wrong?
It also seems to be more on a left turn rather than right.
If I put it on full lock in either direction there is a definately hissing sound, like air escaping, but again, only slight really.
Please please tell me it's ok!!!!!!

Really please to hear that you're enjoying it. All we need now are photographs Thumbs Up

Post #138271 31st Mar 2012 6:06 pm
ad210358

England 

Most cars have the steering hiss when it is on full lock, its when it does it all the time when you need to worry.

Post #138281 31st Mar 2012 7:14 pm
Missing Link

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Have a listen under the bonnet while somebody works the steering to check where the noise is.

My old one had a whistle when steering which was the clock spring actually in the steering wheel.

I have just collected my second FL2 so had no complaints to put me off, prior to that it was a FL1 which despite having its problems I loved. Prog rock is cool! Smile
2012 XS SD4 Indus Silver

Post #139086 8th Apr 2012 8:24 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Completely normal and tends to be more noticeable when applying pressure to the right. It does vary from car to car but I have driven about 6 fl2s now and they all did it albeit with varying degrees of volume, non of which related to age or spec.

Despite knowing this - it still really annoys me and I can't believe a 30k+ car does it.

Mrs worm just keeps telling me to get over it Shocked Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #139104 9th Apr 2012 12:00 am
sarahharris1

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Narvik Black

Thanks for the replies guys. The car is going into my local garage next week, just for a health check as I don't think anything was checked over before it was sold. I've sort of got used to the whistling noise now so not to bothered about it.
I have to say, this is the first FL2 I have ever driven and it far surpasses my previous car, which was a Kuga and before that a BMW 320Ci, for comfort, looks and just about everything else really. I can safely say I will never go back to another make again! Thumbs Up 2009 Ford Kuga TDCI Titanium
2002 BMW 320CI
Honda Civic x 2
Jaguar XJS
Toyota Supra
Datsun Cherry (ahhh!)

Post #139238 9th Apr 2012 10:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12