« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Auto folding mirrors & door locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Auto folding mirrors & door locking

Hey - just collected my new FL2 yesterday - just brilliant Thumbs Up It needs to go back in 3 weeks for fitting the extras (18" wheels, towbar, door fenders) - but that's OK.

Anyway - I experienced a "problem" with the auto folding mirrors & locking. As you know, 2 clicks on the key fob completely locks the car (whereas 1 click partially locks it). However, pressing the lock symbol 2 times in close succession actually stops the mirrors from folding shut Big Cry .

The only way to do it is to press once, wait for the mirrors to start closing, then press again for the 2nd time. The thing is that you look a bit of a wally spending so much time standing by the FL2, holding & pressing the keyfob. Rolling with laughter

Anyone had the same experience - or is it a fault with mine ??

Post #10050 15th Nov 2007 4:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Quote:
A wally
not heard that for ages. Rolling with laughter

Not heard of this one before,

I know you have to have the dealer switch off auto closing mirrors if you don't want them to close when locking the car. But then you have to have them switch them back on if you want them to close.... Annoying when attaching mirror for towing, Though my mirrors are fine when attached and the mirrors close.

Anyway, what I am thinking, if yours has just rolled off the production line, have they done something to the software were they stop closing the mirrors when double press the fob within a certain time.

Might be worth asking LR Customer Services, if not, have your dealer fix it as it does sound faultly

Post #10051 15th Nov 2007 4:35 pm
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yeah - maybe it's a special delay set-up for the Scandinavian market. They think that we need about 3 seconds to co-ordinate brain, eye & hand movement between the keyfob clicks Rolling with laughter

Maybe they are right ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'll add it to the list when it returns to the dealer end Nov Rolling Eyes

Post #10052 15th Nov 2007 4:42 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

jimmy wrote:
Yeah - maybe it's a special delay set-up for the Scandinavian market.

Thats actually not as daft as it sounds....

The motors in these mirrors were never designed to Fold the mirror EVERY time the doors are locked...
And never designed to operate such large/heavy mirrors....

I cant remember the exact numbers, but by the time the car is 10years old, the mirrors will have folded on average, twice as many times as they were designed to. Thus, expect to see a few mirror-motors failing in about 5yrs....

Anyway, the Scandinavian environment is even more harsh on the motors (Ice buildups, freezing in place etc), so I would expect them to fail even quicker....maybe it was thought that if they DONT fold EVERY time, they woudl last longer?? '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #10058 15th Nov 2007 6:08 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Mine do this, did you ever get to the bottom of it Jimmy? 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #110764 21st Aug 2011 11:21 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Now you mention it, I have noticed an issue with my mirrors when locking: Sometimes one mirror will only partly fold - and it seems to be random which mirror "chooses" to only partly fold! It seems less of a problem if I lock immediately after shutting down, leading me to presume it may be a battery voltage issue. However, if I select mirrors closed from the door switch, engine running or not, no problem! Work that one out! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #110870 22nd Aug 2011 8:34 pm
gusmagoo

I've had the car 2 days, and now the mirrors are refusing to fold full stop.
Trip to the dealers me thinks... 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #110892 22nd Aug 2011 9:37 pm
gusmagoo

double post (removed...) 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Last edited by gusmagoo on 25th Aug 2011 5:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #110995 24th Aug 2011 8:18 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

dunkley201 wrote:
Now you mention it, I have noticed an issue with my mirrors when locking: Sometimes one mirror will only partly fold - and it seems to be random which mirror "chooses" to only partly fold! It seems less of a problem if I lock immediately after shutting down, leading me to presume it may be a battery voltage issue. However, if I select mirrors closed from the door switch, engine running or not, no problem! Work that one out!

Dunkley201 your problem sounds like the one I have just had fixed, see my post HERE

Post #111034 24th Aug 2011 2:01 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Wing wrote:
dunkley201 wrote:
Now you mention it, I have noticed an issue with my mirrors when locking: Sometimes one mirror will only partly fold - and it seems to be random which mirror "chooses" to only partly fold! It seems less of a problem if I lock immediately after shutting down, leading me to presume it may be a battery voltage issue. However, if I select mirrors closed from the door switch, engine running or not, no problem! Work that one out!

Dunkley201 your problem sounds like the one I have just had fixed, see my post HERE

Thank you, Wing! I'll take a look when I get a moment. Presently it's booked in for a sticking front caliper - but that's another story..... 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #111035 24th Aug 2011 2:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1