Home > My Freelander 2 > 2009 Freelander 2 2.2 TD4-S Automatic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MajorSoul

Yugoslavia 
2009 Freelander 2 2.2 TD4-S Automatic

Hi all,

I have offer to get used 2009 Freelander 2 TD4-S automatic with 65000 miles on it and I am not sure should I. I read negative and positive posts and can't make my mind. It sounds like this car have so much faults but also there are lot of good and positive comments for this vehicle.

I never had Land Rover so I don't know what to expect. I need a city car (i dont care about how much petrol needs) and for longer trips with my wife and dog.

I just dont want to make mistake because I bought new Dacia Duster and it SUCKS real bad (no power at all, isolation was terrible it is a Censored car)

So any help, comments will appreciate..

Thumbs Up

Post #135739 11th Mar 2012 10:36 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Remember that most people will post on a forum because they have something to moan about. Forums full of 'my car is wonderful, never goes wrong, is better than any other car on the road etc, etc' do not make for interesting forums, while:
"my car is rubbish, always breaks down, is the worst car ever etc, etc," is likely to promote debate.

Read all the comments on this site if you can be bothered and you'll probably come up with most people are very happy with their Freelander 2, some people have had issues and some people have experienced significan problems. I know of someone who has done 158000 miles in an 07 Freelander 2 without any major problems and only 2 sets of tyres.

You will never be able to guarantee the car will not go wrong but a 09 car with 65000 miles should be OK and if it has a full LR Service History, so much the better.

Post #135852 12th Mar 2012 5:29 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

As rchrdleigh has stated there are pros and cons to all cars. I had a brand new bmw a few years ago and had nothing but trouble with it. At the end of the day its down to you. your needs and likes.
The freelander 2 is a very nice and easy to drive car and will go almost anywhere. Like all other cars, they are just machines and machines do go wrong from time to time Thumbs Up

Post #135856 12th Mar 2012 5:56 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

look at how many thousands of freelanders have been made and how many on here have got faults if you listen to everybody on here you would never buy one Whistle but there are more satisfied owners than not Smile also more freelander owners would buy another one Thumbs Up . like all things that are massed produced you can have good or bad try and speak to the previous owner Bow down b4 you buy if you can and look and listen for the most regular faults that are mentioned on here i think if you do that you can satisfy yourself that you coverd all the angles most important is make sure it has a full dealer service history in if you can buy with a good warranty these are excellent vehicles on and off road/ice and snow i have no regets about buying mine Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #135862 12th Mar 2012 6:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MajorSoul

Yugoslavia 

Cheers all for answer!
Thumbs Up

The car have full dealer service history and that's one reason I want to purchase it.
I had bad experience with old car (Dacia Duster) and I test drove it and it was perfect, but on the longer trips it shows all negative sides. Also there was a tons of happy owners..

I will have to cut it and decide!

Wink

Post #135954 13th Mar 2012 7:18 am
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I'm sure you won't regret it if you decide to buy it they are great cars, go for it. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #135970 13th Mar 2012 9:55 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

if you are buying from a landrover dealer see if you can get a 12mth warranty as part of the deal Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #135971 13th Mar 2012 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MajorSoul

Yugoslavia 

Probably I will get it ;D

Post #135978 13th Mar 2012 12:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1