Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > In your opinion which drivers are the worst?
Which make of car do you believe has the worst drivers?
Audi
35%
 35%  [16]
BMW
48%
 48%  [22]
Land Rover/Range Rover
8%
 8%  [4]
Ford
6%
 6%  [3]
Total Votes: 45

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
chrisdeeming

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
In your opinion which drivers are the worst?

We all drive around our towns and cities each day and see some idiotic behaviour from various people in various makes of cars but which make do you believe demostrates the most bad driving? Please note this does not include van drivers! Razz lol just CARS!

Post #130932 6th Feb 2012 10:14 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Round here there are many saxo men and an idiot in a Skyline GTR. From your choices it has to be Audi's. It wouldn't matter if there was a Veyron in front, the 3.0TDI A4 man would still tailgate determined to race past so he would have won Rolling Eyes LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #130944 6th Feb 2012 10:29 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Subaru Impreza's that still think theyre on the RAC Rally

Post #130946 6th Feb 2012 10:31 pm
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Depends where you are - on the motorways in my previous northern incarnation it used to be BMW 3-series but in the last 3/4 years Audis have been the worst. Round here in deepest God's country it's Micras - if you discount tractors Whistle

I always thought they should have continued to build Morris Minors - perfect for the flat cap and/or little old lady brigades! At least you knew where you were with them then - now they can be in anything! Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #130951 6th Feb 2012 10:51 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

around here anybody driving a 12 year old saloon car with " Private Hire" plates on the back,

I must have missed it when I had a company Vectra but these cars are obviously fitted with Nox and twin turbos, have high tech collision avoidance systems, are guided by induction loops in the road and have telemetry for switching traffic light filters instantly, or at least the driver thinks it has , or was told by his sister (who is also probably his wife) that it certainly has because she knows someone in the family who actually took a driving test , or at least booked one, or maybe not... perhaps it was his uncle whose license he borrows . rant over Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #130953 6th Feb 2012 10:57 pm
chrisdeeming

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

It used to be Bmw 3 series here aswell but audi's have been worse, especially FSI Ones or 3.0tdi diesels Evil or Very Mad

Post #130955 6th Feb 2012 10:58 pm
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

or was told by his sister (who is also probably his wife)

Ah to be in Yorkshire again Whistle Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #130958 6th Feb 2012 11:01 pm
LRCRAZY321

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Agree with martynb…any car with taxi displayed on it and a driver fresh from calcutta!

Always go in through the out door

Post #130959 6th Feb 2012 11:03 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I have a particularly jaundiced view of the area around our office in Thornbury, Bradford. I think i've said it before " think Rita Sue & Bob Too meets Black Hawk Down ". It is surreal to be sitting in traffic and be carved up by the aforesaid taxis, have 12 year old pikeys on horse drawn carts scraping past on the pavement making their way to "weigh in" stolen metal on Dick Lane and see the hilarious antics of feral youths of all racial persuasions blatting against the traffic on stolen 600cc race quads.... role on retirement ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #130961 6th Feb 2012 11:10 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Audi drives are THE new c Censored cks. So why the majority hate for BMWs? They have actual indicators now you know? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #130973 7th Feb 2012 12:53 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Captain Worm wrote:
Audi drives are THE new c Censored cks. So why the majority hate for BMWs? They have actual indicators now you know?

dont car own a bmw once, what a pile, everything broke,It once locked me out of itself at Nottingham races. all my girlfriends face paint was trapped in the boot Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #130976 7th Feb 2012 9:26 am
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I have voted for BMW but ------------------------

If anybody had have clocked me on the day I got the passports mixed up they would vote Audi.

Mrs G and I were going on a late summer break to Italy from Manchester Airport, we set off in good time ( I hate rushing about at the Airport ) we decided to check in and have a bite to eat and a leisurly look round the shops.

I pulled out the passports, I had mine and the sons (instead of mine and the wifes ) panic Shocked

I had to retreive the car from the long stay car park and drive like a maniac round the M60 and back over the M62 to West Yorkshire.

I was in a Audi A3 Sport the needle was for most parts in 3 figures, I had an A4 keeping up with me for company round the M60, when we got to the lights to join the M62 the A4 pulled up in the next lane to me ready to take me when the lights changed ( he obviously didn't know I was a man on a mission ) needless to say I won the traffc light sprint and was soon up to 3 figures again, there were jams going west as I was going east and I was hoping these would have gone for the return journey,

I arrived home, the neighboir quized me why I wasn't at the Airport I quickly told him the situation ( I don't think he believed me ) got the right passport and did the 3 figure drive back to Manchester.

The jams had gone and I arrived back at the long stay carpark there were no buses in sight, so I asked a Police Patrol in a Range Rover for a lift to the terminal, they refused said they couldn't as they were a firearms unit.
( they were now in danger of me grabing the gun and shooting them Evil or Very Mad )

I ran to the terminal arriving sweating, the wife said they had just put out the last call for us, we checked in quickly, then the wife was stopped for a search Laughing

We borded with all the plane watching us, I was dripping sweat and the wife's clothing was in disarray, I don't know what conclusion the passengers came to.

Anyway we had a lovely holiday on the Amalfi Coast and we now never arrive at the Airport with the wrong passports. Smile

So on that day Audi drivers were the worst, just glad I didn't get some tit in BMW wanting to race, I could not have backed off. What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #130991 7th Feb 2012 10:55 am
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

I have voted for BMW. For one reason only, all the ideal, fat, lard arses that think they are above all others and too lazy to even flick their wrists to make an indicator work.

I know this is a genralisation but 9 times out of 10 its correct and does reflect on the type of people that by one.

If it wasnt down to vehicle manufacturer it would be Asian Taxi drivers first, followed closely by office workers rushing home and jumping lanes to get one car ahead, then driving instructors. No wonder young drivers are so bad, have you followed an instructor recently.

Another favourite for my hate pile is the " I dont want to be behind a landrover crowd." These lot assume a Landrover is slow,cut you up to get infront and then drive at 10 mile an hour.

Post #130994 7th Feb 2012 11:28 am
MANUFAN

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Interesting topic. I tend to notice bad driving more when I’m out on a bike. Without a shadow of doubt the worst offenders are driving Audi A3’s followed by VW Passat’s, which you wouldn’t expect. The best, not surprisingly, are always Volvo drivers.

Post #131005 7th Feb 2012 1:43 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

You should try driving in Aberdeen, doesn't matter what make the car is but the indicators never seem to work Rolling Eyes , and the taxi drivers are the worst culprits for not using them.

Have voted for BMW as I have a natural dislike to them anyway let alone the drivers behind the wheel Evil or Very Mad ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #131016 7th Feb 2012 5:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>