Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Misrepresentation of number plates *warning*!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

derryk wrote:
dunroof wrote:
Very true! It would be easier getting a night out with Angelina Jollie than getting your number withdrawn! Of course it doesn't preclude a vindictive Traffic Cop from taking out a personal vendetta against some Herbert, oh gosh Plods like that don't exist do they?

was riding through north yorkshire one evening (1450 harley with suitable sized plate) when got overtaken and stopped by police car and siren. He got out of his car with a little yellow ruler and proceded to measure the letters.
Got a £30 fixed fine and a warning that if he sees that plate again in his area he'll do me for anything he can.
very pleasant.
derryk

Ah yes the North Yorkshire Constabulary, to be fair they could issue tickets to 99% of the bikes going into Squires under construction and use, but they seem to be very pragmatic about things like loud pipes and black visors, I bet you were unlucky enough to be out on an "initiative day". They also have unmarked Hayabusas and BMW RR1000s Bow down with on board video just in case you try to show them a clean pair of heels 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #130024 30th Jan 2012 10:12 pm
derryk

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

MANUFAN wrote:
Obviously jealous of the Harley Thumbs Up

that is very understandable..... she's a georgous bike Cool My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey
with Nice Leather and the Stereo
even has headphone sockets in the back.
Wish it had a heated screen tho..
Traded in a Fl1 for this.
Got a georgous Black SoftTailed Harley
for when the days get warmer .. Do days ever get warmer in Lancashire?

Post #130025 30th Jan 2012 10:16 pm
derryk

MartynB wrote:
derryk wrote:
dunroof wrote:
Very true! It would be easier getting a night out with Angelina Jollie than getting your number withdrawn! Of course it doesn't preclude a vindictive Traffic Cop from taking out a personal vendetta against some Herbert, oh gosh Plods like that don't exist do they?

was riding through north yorkshire one evening (1450 harley with suitable sized plate) when got overtaken and stopped by police car and siren. He got out of his car with a little yellow ruler and proceded to measure the letters.
Got a £30 fixed fine and a warning that if he sees that plate again in his area he'll do me for anything he can.
very pleasant.
derryk

Ah yes the North Yorkshire Constabulary, to be fair they could issue tickets to 99% of the bikes going into Squires under construction and use, but they seem to be very pragmatic about things like loud pipes and black visors, I bet you were unlucky enough to be out on an "initiative day". They also have unmarked Hayabusas and BMW RR1000s Bow down with on board video just in case you try to show them a clean pair of heels

1st saw one of the suzzi's in oxfordshire .. as we were just cruising along he overtook and twas then i saw POLICE on the back of his yellow jacket .. been pulled twice for noise on my kawasaki .. but they seem to ignore the harley noise
(and what a lovely noise it is too)

derryk My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey

Post #130026 30th Jan 2012 10:23 pm
MartynB

[/quote]

1st saw one of the suzzi's in oxfordshire .. as we were just cruising along he overtook and twas then i saw POLICE on the back of his yellow jacket .. been pulled twice for noise on my kawasaki .. but they seem to ignore the harley noise
(and what a lovely noise it is too)

derryk[/quote]

Yes you are doing the motoring public a favour Thumbs Up : as they sit sweltering in a 5 mile traffic Jam on a Bank Holiday Monday there is nothing they will like better than seeing their wives look longingly at you, hearing the children urging them to get one, and then feeling the concusion as your open Vance and Hines pipes blow their side window out........ Rolling with laughter 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

Post #130032 30th Jan 2012 10:36 pm
derryk

Yes you are doing the motoring public a favour Thumbs Up : as they sit sweltering in a 5 mile traffic Jam on a Bank Holiday Monday there is nothing they will like better than seeing their wives look longingly at you, hearing the children urging them to get one, and then feeling the concusion as your open Vance and Hines pipes blow their side window out........ Rolling with laughter[/quote]

DAMN WHERE DID YOU SEE MY BIKE..?

i bought this harley in june 2000 (FXSTB Night Train) and before it left the shop it had the number plate changed, carbereter unblocked and a pair of short shock vance and hines pipes fitted...

drive down any street slowley in 3rd and then open up and every car alarm you pass will go off Laughing

derryk My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey

Post #130036 30th Jan 2012 10:46 pm
MartynB

I just assumed you would have them because I have never grown up Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #130038 30th Jan 2012 11:06 pm
derryk

MartynB wrote:
I just assumed you would have them because I have never grown up
Thumbs Up

thats exactualy what my wife says Cool My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey

Post #130040 30th Jan 2012 11:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12