Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Cropley in Halifax instead of Hillendale.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
derryk

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
Cropley in Halifax instead of Hillendale.

Hello EveyOne, I bought this used car end of last summer from hillendale in Pendle lancs.
I was gonna buy it through there finance after part ex'ing my FL1. I signed the docs
and paid a deposit on my credit card.
I was then offered money at a much better rate (family stuff).
Went to the hillendale finance guy and told him 'I WILL BUY THE CAR FOR CASH, PLEASE CANCEL THE AGREMENT'
He said, NOT POSSIBLE, THE DEAL HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH THE FINANCE COMPANY.
I went home and contacted the finance company directley. They didn't know me.
I told the nice lady i spoke to that as i had cash i wanted to cancel the credit.
Nothing to cancel she replied as we don't know you.
I asked her to record this conversation in case my paperwork did arrive.
Nearly a week later i got a phone call from her saying my paperwork had arrived from hillendale, but they would ignore it as i had already cancelled it.
Second service is due this month. Hillendale quoted £471. Phoned around LR dealers within 20 miles (there are Cool
Prices £307 (on-line price) to £471 Such a vast difference. Showed this list to hillendale and asked for a better price
This was at the start of december.. still awaiting a reply.

Have chosen Cropley In halifax £325. First thing tomorrow morning.

Sorry for waffeling.... derryk My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey
with Nice Leather and the Stereo
even has headphone sockets in the back.
Wish it had a heated screen tho..
Traded in a Fl1 for this.
Got a georgous Black SoftTailed Harley
for when the days get warmer .. Do days ever get warmer in Lancashire?

Post #129461 27th Jan 2012 12:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

IIRC I was told when buying the wife's car that I could walk away right up until the point the finance documents were signed and i think these were signed on the day we collected the car Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #129482 27th Jan 2012 3:25 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

the way i understood was that you have a cooling off period with finance i think if you sign on the dealers premises i think it may be 24/48 hours if documents are signed off the dealers premises i think you get 7 days to with draw or somthing like that as for servicing did you not ask stratstones at bury to price match you may pass them to get to halifax Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #129486 27th Jan 2012 3:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
Re: Cropley in Halifax instead of Hillendale.

derryk wrote:
it.
Second service is due this month. Hillendale quoted £471. Phoned around LR dealers within 20 miles (there are Cool
Prices £307 (on-line price) to £471 Such a vast difference. Showed this list to hillendale and asked for a better price

Sorry for waffeling.... derryk

let us know how you get on with Copley, we got our car from thei other ( Perry's) dealership in Huddersfield but would like to go back to Copley if they are any good 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #129569 27th Jan 2012 9:17 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

bigalf1961 wrote:
the way i understood was that you have a cooling off period with finance i think if you sign on the dealers premises i think it may be 24/48 hours if documents are signed off the dealers premises i think you get 7 days to with draw or somthing like that as for servicing did you not ask stratstones at bury to price match you may pass them to get to halifax Thumbs Up

Maybe someone with Legal knowledge could advise Whistle

Post #129572 27th Jan 2012 9:22 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I think all finance agreement have a cooling off period, in which time you can cancel and make other arrangements to pay At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #129603 28th Jan 2012 1:54 am
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I though it was 28 days cooling off period on all credit agreements.

Ghyllie oo! Shiney!

Post #129620 28th Jan 2012 11:14 am
derryk

Ghyllie wrote:
I though it was 28 days cooling off period on all credit agreements.

Ghyllie

I got the feeling from them that they wern't interested in canceling the finance 'coz i guess they would make more profit from finance than from cash.
The rear leather headrest was ripped and part of the deal was .. fix the leather.
I gave them the head rest, and they said YER WE'LL SORT IT OUT. Didn't happen. Lots of excuses. Itold them i was off on holiday for 3 weeks and would want it back fixed on my return.
When i returned. AH YES, STILL NOT READY YET.
Coffee machine is great though.
derryk My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey

Post #129973 30th Jan 2012 8:08 pm
derryk

MartynB wrote:
derryk wrote:
it.

Sorry for waffeling.... derryk

let us know how you get on with Copley, we got our car from thei other ( Perry's) dealership in Huddersfield but would like to go back to Copley if they are any good

Went to Copley on Saturday morning, dropped of the car and gave them a service sheet with the request that it be filled in as i want to keep a proper updated service history on the car. (looking at a future swap)
Was told they issus a service sheet so i don't need my own.
We walked along the canal into sowerby bridge, had breakfast and coffee and caught the local bus back for 12:00.
Was told the service had been done and car was cleaned and vacumed. Paid and collected the car.
First thing we noticed was oily fingerprints over outside of the drivers door. On getting in the car we saw that both heating switches were set to maximum and there was a car smellie advertising copley behind the stearing wheel.
I guess the vacum cleaner didn't work properly 'coz the cup holder still had bits of wax in the bottom (from the zips on my bag) and bits still over the rubber mats.
My wife then noticed oiley fingerprints all up both A pillars (The colour is pale like the leather seats).
I returned to the showroom and complained. The mechanic came out and told me "I'VE NOT BEEN INSIDE YOUR CAR 200% GUARENTEED", so i asked how it got oiley fingerprints on it? "DON'T KNOW YOU TELL ME". (he felt and sounded agressive)
The manager offered me a valeter to clean it, so i'll return on tuesday. ('coz at mid-day saturday he'd already gone home)
When at home i looked at the service sheet. ALL the boxes on the 1st page had been ticked, including the one for brake fluid change, due at 3yrs old (my car is 2yrs) 2nd page only tyre pressured done. The rest left blank.
Does that mean they also changed the fluid ? Or just that the service sheet is inacuratley filled in and will mean sod all for an acurate service history ?

AM NOT IMPRESSED

Post #129980 30th Jan 2012 8:33 pm
derryk

bigalf1961 wrote:
the way i understood was that you have a cooling off period with finance i think if you sign on the dealers premises i think it may be 24/48 hours if documents are signed off the dealers premises i think you get 7 days to with draw or somthing like that as for servicing did you not ask stratstones at bury to price match you may pass them to get to halifax Thumbs Up

i live somewhere in the middle but halifax is east and bury west.
was told by a dealer not to trust the parts bury stratstone uses My First Fl2 and it is a 2010 GS Auto in Grey

Post #130012 30th Jan 2012 9:31 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about your experience, it's a far cry from when Copley was an independant with a guy caled Stuart as the owner, it was sold about 15 years ago I think and is now in the hands of Perrys , we bought ours used from their Huddersfield branch, and I think we will be going there for the next service as it was part of the deal. I'd wanted Copley's to be good as they are nearest dealer. Makes you think doesn't it they sell £80 grand cars and have that sort of attitude Big Cry , I think they could take a lesson from Lister Park BMW Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #130017 30th Jan 2012 9:56 pm
derryk

MartynB wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience, it's a far cry from when Copley was an independant with a guy caled Stuart as the owner, it was sold about 15 years ago I think and is now in the hands of Perrys , we bought ours used from their Huddersfield branch, and I think we will be going there for the next service as it was part of the deal. I'd wanted Copley's to be good as they are nearest dealer. Makes you think doesn't it they sell £80 grand cars and have that sort of attitude Big Cry , I think they could take a lesson from Lister Park BMW Thumbs Up

it's true though i only (only eh) paid 20k.. but if it was £500 i'd still want the treatment when giving cash for a service to be right and correct. Those atitudes don't seem to exist anymore... seems to be all about profit.
there are eight LR dealers within 20 miles of pendle (my home) gonna keep trying till i find a good one... if i do i'll let you know..

Post #130022 30th Jan 2012 10:09 pm
MANUFAN

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I’ve had 2 similar experiences with a Merc I own. On both occasions they ticked oil change not done, despite charging for oil. I now ask to see the car and read the service book and service sheet thoroughly before paying the bill. The more prestige the car is the worst the service seems to be. Evil or Very Mad
John

Post #130029 30th Jan 2012 10:25 pm
derryk

MANUFAN wrote:
I’ve had 2 similar experiences with a Merc I own. On both occasions they ticked oil change not done, despite charging for oil. I now ask to see the car and read the service book and service sheet thoroughly before paying the bill. The more prestige the car is the worst the service seems to be. Evil or Very Mad
John

It seems they tick what they want on the sheet and obviously can tell you anytyhing they want TRUE OR NOT...
I always thought of landrover as posh working company.... guess not

Post #130033 30th Jan 2012 10:37 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

derryk wrote:
I guess the vacum cleaner didn't work properly 'coz the cup holder still had bits of wax in the bottom (from the zips on my bag) and bits still over the rubber mats.
My wife then noticed oiley fingerprints all up both A pillars (The colour is pale like the leather seats).
I returned to the showroom and complained. The mechanic came out and told me "I'VE NOT BEEN INSIDE YOUR CAR 200% GUARENTEED", so i asked how it got oiley fingerprints on it? "DON'T KNOW YOU TELL ME". (he felt and sounded agressive)

derryk

I'd be asking more questions - Pollen filter - due to be changed at 2nd service can only be accessed from inside the cabin as can the ODBC port to plug in machine for checking for due software upgrades and fault codes. I'm sure the also have to reset the service indicators from inside too....

If Copley are a LR dealership they are judged by LR on the level of service they give. They will lose their franchise if they are found to be charging for work that hasn't been done to standard. Other dealers take this very seriously indeed - I know because I've had a similar experience. Speak to the Dealer principal and tell him to get his finger out and get it sorted.

Thumbs Up
DR There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #130035 30th Jan 2012 10:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>