Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Webasto... Who is after a project?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
Print this entire topic · 
parrafin23

Norway 

Still the same issue of it shutting down.. DAmn.. What can I do next.. I hope my father manages to start the car tomorrow and drive it to a garage who uses Autologic, they have a routine to make this work. If they actualy can make it work ill have to check what software files they have put on the engine and the webasto.. its down to -15c outside now and still droppin the temp..

Mr.P

Post #287547 17th Jan 2016 7:35 pm
alex_pescaru

The fact that the fan starts, the pump ticks and so on, it means the add telestart routine was successful.
The problem then lies on the webasto itself.
What device did you tried to use for starting? SDD, BAS remote, WTT?

Let's suppose you are using only the WTT software. It's the most reliable tool for such things.
Try to start it with "start parking heater".
During the start attempt, did you monitored the webasto parameters? fan, pump, glow plug, status, fame detector etc?
After the failed attempt, did you tried to read the webasto error codes?
I mean the WTT overview window below - parameters and status.

Post #287549 17th Jan 2016 7:53 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

I tried with both BAS abd WTT and nothing happens when i try and start it.. but when the engie does run i can see what happens..

Ill have to do more digin tomorrow. Ill report back my findings

Mr.P

Post #287559 17th Jan 2016 9:08 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

I tried it today.. same result, it starts then shuts down..
This is the info on the FBH :

AHCM-Auxilary Heater
Assembly F112
31200382 AB
Assembly F113
6G9N-18K463-BV
Calibration F124
8U72-14C081-AA
Hardware F191
6G9N-14C242-AE
Serial : eBay Item No. 022608094235
Signal F120
6G91-14C416-BH
Strategy F188
8U72-14C080-AA

And for the engine :

PCM-Engine I4 Diesel
Assembly F113
AH52-12A650-AA
Calibration F124
AG92-12K532-VBC
Hardware F111
AH52-12A650-AA
Hardware F191
6G91-12B684-EC
Serial : eBay Item No. 141500512575
Signal F120
9G91-14C569-AA04
Strategy F188
AG91-14C204-AA

Is there any of these 2 modules that does not have been updated correctly??

And What does Ebay has to do with this stuff?? I have no idea why this just shows up.. Its not there when i edit the post!!!!

Mr.P

Post #287618 18th Jan 2016 5:39 pm
alex_pescaru

And when you started it this morning, did you monitored the parameters in the WTT overview window?
Did you obtained a "flame detected" light?
Which were the status messages shown on the lower part of the overview window?

The AHCM versions are the same as mine.
The engine ECU is newer than mine so I can't compare.
But the fact that the webasto reacts to your command, is OK.
Otherwise it should not respond to any commands sent over W-bus.

For example, this morning I've started the burner for preheating the engine. Fuel almost full tank.
Before the webasto has ended its heat cycle, I've started the engine.
The same "aux heater not available. low fuel" popped on my dash, even I've had almost a full tank, as I've said.

I still believe you should first start the engine and see after that...
In a way you should go past this current cycle status and see after that.

Post #287620 18th Jan 2016 6:11 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

It did not want to start this morning, so I left it to charge the battery again with my Ctek charger.
Atleast now I know that I have the Correct software on the webasto.. Thats good news.

I might not have mentined this before, but when the engine Ecu did not have any software installed, the webasto came to life and kept running. So I do beleave it has something to do with the software installed on the ecu.
But I might be wrong.

I know the webasto starts and runs fine when the engine is running tho.. I can ofc try and start it again later today, but im not sure this leads me anywhere.. Ill have the TTW connected up to it and monitor it

Mr.P

Post #287621 18th Jan 2016 6:25 pm
alex_pescaru

The engine is getting the external temperature and tells it to the webasto.
Also it takes the fuel level and tells it to the webasto. And if it's an low or incorrect one the webasto stops.

You may wonder "engine ECU and the fuel level"? Yes. Remember, in the handbook says that when the fuel drops below a certain level the engine ECU stops the engine in order to not run dry.

So, as I've said, maybe a new, full cycle, especially now after the flash, is in order for the whole stuff to work properly... (engine starting and all...)
Otherwise, I am out of ideas and, as I've said, it's hard to diagnose something like this over the network... Very Happy

Post #287623 18th Jan 2016 7:11 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

Something did happen when I connected the TTW software to the car now..

Click image to enlarge

I do imagine this means that the software has communication with the webasto....

Then something more exciting happened on the screen :

Click image to enlarge

And Finaly :

Click image to enlarge

With a lovely smell and sound when I looked @the front right wheel while monitoring the TTW software in the boot :

Click image to enlarge

YippY cayeah Censored !!! Its alive.. and no faultcodes.. Let it run for a while as parking heater...Shut it down and connected up the bas unit.. And Ofc due to the cold weather and much moving of wires something went bad with the controller and not longer working.. lost connection with Webasto.. but the TTW has connection when I try.. BLAST!!!!! I have the same controller on my D3 and I can put in the Freelander..

Geezz im tired now of running in and out, but atleast now it does work as intended.. as a parking heater!! FINALY!!!!

Mr.P

Post #287624 18th Jan 2016 8:12 pm
alex_pescaru

Glad it is sorted now ! Very Happy

If you have had connected and run only the WTT program from the beginning (as I've kept trying to suggest), monitored the comms and watching the overview window to monitor things out, maybe this struggle could have been avoided... Laughing

At least did you started the engine? Laughing

PS: Controllers like discostick's and other people's (don't say who's Laughing ) would have worked from the beginning... Laughing

Post #287626 18th Jan 2016 8:28 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

No I did not try and start it.. watching the temp on the TTW i can see the temp rises pretty quickly.. but that temp sensor might be on the webasto it self i think.. Goin to take the controller out tomorrow and fit it to my D3 and see if it does work on mine.. I have the same controller in the D3.. there might be a faulty connection inside the controller.. I will know more tomorrow..

Mr.P

Post #287627 18th Jan 2016 8:37 pm
alex_pescaru

Boy, so much struggle and you didn't started the engine, the end goal... Laughing Laughing

Yes, the temp is webasto's readed one...
You will find out that when the webasto says 80 degree, the big chuck of metal in front of the car doesn't have more than 20-30 degrees, but waaay more than enough to start the engine as if it has been summer.

Post #287628 18th Jan 2016 8:43 pm
alex_pescaru

The BAS controller you are using works with the car being waked-up or the car must be asleep?
Because maybe this is the reason the TTW worked and the controller didn't...

Post #287647 19th Jan 2016 9:54 am
parrafin23

Norway 

Im not sure Alex.. cause with the boot open and using TTW it does work all the time.. But with the BAS unit it does not. I started the webasto with TTW and it fran just fine, removed the diagnostic wire and connected the BAS unit and powered it up.. As soon as it looks for the Webasto it shuts down.. Why might that be? might there be different code sendt out by Bas controller and TTW?

Allright Alex.. the Webasto is running now, commanded by the TTW.. I will let it run for a while and try and start the car..

Mr.P

Post #287684 19th Jan 2016 7:10 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

TTW reported 45c coolant temp and the car started just fine.. even with 11.85v on the battery and -10c outside
Is it so that i have to buy or build the open source "forum controller" and see if that sorts it out for me.. I do have soldering skills, but I do not have any programing tools. So my conclution is that the bas kit does not work as expected on a freenader 2 without doin some sort of modification that i'm unaware about on what is to make it work.

Mr.P

Post #287690 19th Jan 2016 8:06 pm
alex_pescaru

If the TTW works and BAS doesn't, it means that the BAS is not able to drive the Webasto with the car awake (the boot being open means car awake).
The explanation is on my original thread about building a webasto controller on disco3 forum.
The discostick version or my original design is driving the webasto alright, even with the car awake, just like the TTW does.

LE1:
The BAS controller may work if you let the car go to sleep (about 15 minutes after locking the car, or 30 minutes otherwise).

LE2:
I believe that BAS has revised its controller firmware after I posted my version of controller and now it works with the car awake. Ask them for a firmware update if you still want to use their controller.

Post #287695 19th Jan 2016 8:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>