Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Webasto... Who is after a project?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>
Print this entire topic · 
Knoxy

Switzerland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Lago Grey

Hi Guys,

I know its been dormant a while this thread but I just got a T91 and wanted to install it in my 2007 model.

I've read through this thread and the service bulletins for the install but im a little confused as the wiring harness I have seems to have an extra wire. (this is what Im using: https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...atures.pdf )

It says that there's :
- brown harness wire (with M6 eyelet)
- red wire (to go into cavity 75 of the connector housing)
- yellow wire (to go into connector 23 of the housing)

On my wiring loom though I have red, black, brown and yellow.

Can anyone help clarify what is supposed to be connected where? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Post #338709 5th Jan 2018 2:36 pm
alex_pescaru

See previous page/message... Smile)

Post #338726 5th Jan 2018 5:36 pm
Knoxy

ah ok. I'd seen the message but maybe didn't understand it at first. So in this case the red is a 12v for driving something else and I don't need to have it connected for the T91 to start the park heater (after its been enabled in the software)?

thanks Alex!

Post #338747 5th Jan 2018 9:45 pm
Knoxy

I might check the boot though and see if the antenna is already installed... it looks like the blue/white wire is connected on both sides of the connector. Fingers crossed!

Post #338754 5th Jan 2018 10:43 pm
alex_pescaru

No, I think you misread....

You need to connect only 3 wires:
Red (T91 12V power supply) - connect this wire with any continuous 12V supply you can find.
Yellow (T91 W-Bus signal) - connect this wire to pin 24 on the connector above CJB. You will find a blue/white on that (24) connector's pin.
Brown (T91 GND) - connect this wire to car chassis.

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 5th Jan 2018 11:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #338755 5th Jan 2018 11:08 pm
Knoxy

ok great. thanks again Alex!

Post #338756 5th Jan 2018 11:16 pm
Knoxy

ok i need help with this. Tried to have a go this weekend but couldn't easily access the wiring to test for a permanent 12v live. How the heck do you get in there and do this? Rolling with laughter Any one in France / Switzerland nearby who could help?

Post #340810 29th Jan 2018 4:07 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Quote:
Knoxy

Post #34081029th Jan 2018 4:07 pm

ok i need help with this. Tried to have a go this weekend but couldn't easily access the wiring to test for a permanent 12v live. How the heck do you get in there and do this? Rolling with laughter Any one in France / Switzerland nearby who could help?

Hi Knoxy.
9 months have passed by, did you ever get this sorted out please,

Post #356403 7th Sep 2018 10:59 pm
Knoxy

Going to see an auto-electrician this week. Then just need the programming done.

Ill let you know when its done. Smile

Post #364307 21st Jan 2019 3:58 pm
inaftanaila

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Hi, fellow Freel2 owners. Time for me to seek some help in the collective wisdom here. Tried activating telestart with SDD, failed miserably with a semi-bricked AHCM (Webasto). Tried the solutions here (repeat the procedure, hard reset of car, add new module, forced flash of the .vbf files). Nothing worked, SDD simply does not see the AHCM. Tried at the main LR dealer as well - they were completely useless, their “solution” was to replace the Webasto and charge me for diagnosis. I’d obviously very much like to avoid the replacement alternative, so must look into other options now.

I tried the W-BUS route with help from someone with a proper cable/WTT. There’s some hope there, WTT can somewhat talk to the unit and read errors: 81h and D2h.

I see on this thread that there are some cases where (something like) this happened before. Did anyone fix it, and if so, how?

It’s spring now here, and consequently I don’t care much about the Aux Heating, it’s just that, with a failing AHCM, the climate control fan starts when the engine is off - thus must remove the fuse each time I turn off the engine! So I must do something, before I eventually forget about my shutdown procedure and get stuck somewhere with a dead battery! MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #367822 5th Mar 2019 2:03 pm
inaftanaila

Just to report progress. Apparently error 81h can be removed by flashing an EEPROM dump with Webasto Thermo Test v. 2.16. The dump must normally come from an identical Webasto unit. I have sourced one from a good samaritan at a well-known Russian site (not sure if it's ok to post website's name here, but to me it was very helpful and I nope I'm not breaching any rules by indicating which one it was: carmasters org).
As such, I got rid of Error 81, and I'm "only" left with Error D2 - "CAN Network Master ID wrong". This is an undocumented Webasto error code and can't find much online about it, sadly. I can delete it via WTT, though it will pop right back after a while.

I can diagnose the Webasto unit via WTT, all seems fine, apart from the error. And, of course 😔 the unit does not start, neither in Parking Heater mode, nor in Aux Heater mode. I receive a NAK when trying to start it via WTT in Aux - that's normal and well explained above. I receive absolutely nothing when I try to start it in Parking Heater - only silence 😔. Tried when conditions were OK - 3 degrees outside, car left outside over night, battery voltage fine, tank full.

Car displays "Auxiliary Heater Unavailable - Low Fuel" and "Auxiliary Heater Unavailable - Low Battery" on the instrument panel.

I hope someone here has maybe seen this before and could help?
Also, just to save others from going through the same hurdles. SDD can (and does, sometimes, see my case) semi-brick Webasto units. Not sure what is the lethal combination of unit/SDD version/bad luck/karma, but it happens. As such, I would strongly recommend to create a dump of your Webasto EEPROM before activating telestart, just in case. You can back up by connecting to the W-BUS wire (well documented on this thread) using WTT 2.16 in engineering mode. Make sure that "W-Bus with block mode" in the WTT menu is unchecked; leaving it checked as per the default setting did not allow me to read or write from/to the EEPROM.
Will post back in case I find a fix for Error D2 - or, again, if someone here can help I'd be very grateful. MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #368262 12th Mar 2019 9:51 am
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Wrong EEPROM perhaps?

Post #368332 13th Mar 2019 1:26 pm
inaftanaila

Hey Martin, thanks for the reply! Yes, that's a possibility indeed. The bloke who kindly provided it seems to know quite a lot about these units and is sure it's the right one. And of course I don't have too many ways of double checking, sadly. I'm travelling at the moment and can't further test; hopefully I'll get another chance in a couple days, and will report back. MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #368344 13th Mar 2019 5:16 pm
inaftanaila

Ok, got to the bottom of it. Just logging here the progress and solution in my case. Long story short, enable telestart rendered the AHCM (Webasto) unreachable via CAN-MS. I think it happened because SDD versions above 131 try to also update the firmware of the AHCM, instead of just the configuration files, but take it with a grain of salt. Tried whatever I could come across to fix: retry the enable telestart procedure, try to force write the .vbs files with SDD in engineering mode to the AHCM module, connect via WTT and write the proper EEPROM .PRM configuration file. Nothing worked; the farthest I got was to get rid of error 81h (checksum error) on Webasto upon writing via WTT an EEPROM config file dump, but was left with error D2 (CAN Master ID wrong). The only way to get rid of this was supposed to be flashing the firmware of the Webasto motherboard with an EEPROM programmer (provided of course that I could source the right firmware). Did not have a programmer at hand and in the end did not make sense to buy one, as I found a compatible Webasto motherboard and installed it. Things seem to be in order now, I can start the Webasto via WTT, and the ECU can start it as well, in Aux. mode.

It only took two months, help from people from three countries, removing the Webasto twice, flashing the EEPROM countless times, tens of hours researching Russian forums and finally replacement of the motherboard sent free of charge by a kind-hearted pro in Russia. But, hey... I’m way wiser now!

On a slightly different note, I have tried to install a T91 for VW, to control Webasto remotely. Does not work on a Freelander 2, apparently it uses a slightly different W-Bus protocol, so if you’re to do this, better get the right module or do your research first. MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #370044 11th Apr 2019 5:45 pm
inaftanaila

Winter is coming, so I thought I'd revive this topic with some intel I've gathered along the way, while trying to install the webasto remote control module and pair it with remote.
1. As per the posts above, VW-compatible T91 seem not to be working (at least the ones I've tried)
2. The correct LR part number for the right module is 8H52-18D540-AC. See pic attached. Now, note that the label says T91R.

Click image to enlarge

However...

3. The correct remote for this module is NOT the one that bears T91R on the label (i.e. the one with a heat symbol on the ON button) but the one that bears T91 on the label (i.e. with ON and OFF written on buttons and no heat symbol). Pic is attached. The funny part is that on various auction sites both remotes bear the same LR part number: LR027493.
Otherwise, once Telestart was enabled properly, it's a plug&play job (+remote pairing, of course).

MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #381713 25th Nov 2019 9:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>