« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > ABS Ring (HDC Fault)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Leamo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
ABS Ring (HDC Fault)

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has changed a rear wheel bearing? and if they know if the bearing is the abs/hdc sensing ring?
I've just changed the rear bearing today and took the hub and new bearing to be pressed in at my local garage. Everything went smoothly and the vehicle was put back together properly. When I first started the car the HDC/ABS warning lights came on and now are consistly luminated. i took the vehicle for a spin to make sure it was the bearing (which it was) what was making the noise.

i have now checked the sensor to make sure its not dirty. Does the bearing hold the abs/sensing ring and will i just need to take it to the 'stealers' to get it reset?? or does the bearing go in a certain way? (as I didn't press the bearing in, I'm not sure if the guy at the garage knew that, if this is the case)

Post #125191 28th Dec 2011 10:08 pm
alex_pescaru

The magnetic ring is incorporated into the bearing seal.

Maybe the guy didn't press the bearing all the way in and in this way the sensor doesn't get close enough to the seal/magnetic ring?

Or maybe he installed it backwards (inner outwards and viceversa) and the magnetic ring is now on the other side? Only one side of the bearing is magnetic. The magnetic side is identifiable by the application of a matt black finish. The magnetic side must face towards the inboard side of the vehicle.
If this is the case, be prepared to buy another bearing as the extraction is made by destroying the bearing...

And I suppose you bought an original/correct bearing...

Post #125192 28th Dec 2011 10:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1