Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Has anyone ordered mudflaps from Automotive Enhancements?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Annie

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green
Has anyone ordered mudflaps from Automotive Enhancements?

I've just been fitting mudflaps to my 59 reg freelander and the rear ones have fitted perfectly. I've gone to fit the front ones and they don't fit. The hole in the mudflap is way out compared to where you fix it underneath the car.
It stated that the mudflaps were for models 2006 onwards.

Grrrr so annoying. I thought i would get this little job done today. Rear ones look good though Rolling Eyes

Post #119823 10th Nov 2011 4:05 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Yes, I had a similar problem, and because they don't come with the metal bracket even when you do get them on they are not really secure. The company are great though and I have used them several times for other things. With regards to the mudflaps, I let them know that I wanted to keep the rear ones and return the front ones. This i did with a refund.

Post #119827 10th Nov 2011 4:27 pm
Annie

Thanks for the quick reply. You are a lot quicker than the company ha.

That's great to hear that you have had good service from them as the rears fit perfectly and i wouldnt want to take them off to send both sets back.

Ive phoned and left a VM and emailed so hopefully they will get back to me. I didnt buy through ebay though so i hope they are as good away from ebay where there is no feedback to leave etc.

Smile

Post #119829 10th Nov 2011 4:32 pm
wizking

I'm sure they will be helpful. Good luck. Smile

Post #119830 10th Nov 2011 4:39 pm
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

Mine were the same and I ended up drilling new holes. Havn't come off yet but have not done any serious off road. I was warned they will come off if you drive through a ford without the bracket.

Is this why your dealer wouldn't fit them. They are landrovef not landrover from that supplier.

Also, dont buy their sidesteps. Have wrong fixing screws and didnt provide shakeproof washers, I had an accident and they ripped off. Pot rivets used in construction were weak alloy ones.

Post #119865 10th Nov 2011 7:57 pm
Annie

Hi, no it wasnt why the dealer wouldnt fit them. They didnt even get them out of the bags Rolling Eyes

The company havent replied to me yet. The rear ones look great. I think i might have to buy genuine ones for the front though

Kerching!

Post #119901 11th Nov 2011 9:51 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

My old dealer said they would only fit OEM LR items when I had them fit sidebars I bought, Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #119904 11th Nov 2011 10:03 am
Annie

Well Automotive Enhancements are not answering my phone calls or my emails. I will keep trying on Monday but i bet they would have been more responsive if i had bought them through ebay.

Post #120089 13th Nov 2011 2:06 pm
ad210358

England 

If you think that if you think that you would have a better response if you bought the items via eBay I think you are mistaken big time, eBay is not much better tan than a dumping ground, a lot of the sellers think that the the trades discripitions act does not apply, they deliberately list the items incorrectly because they can't shift them elsewhere, you need to be 100% sure in what you are buying, if you don't get the item they don't care to much, if the item gets broken in transit they expect you to return it at your cost. There is a seller on there at the moment trying to sell a detachable LR towbar, saying it is £465 he has now changed the listing but still wants £215 for it yet it is incomplete, all he has is the towball, the reciever and main crossmember is missing (probably one of the earlier faulty ones) I did ask a question on it, he tells me that all you get from LR is this bit as the rest of the required bits are fitted at the factory Shocked when I replied that this was not so I was basically told to have sex and travel Shocked

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LAND-ROV...1810wt_745

The place you have purchased from may not have replied to you as it is a warehouse open Monday to Friday

Post #120091 13th Nov 2011 2:31 pm
Annie

Yes thanks for your advice but it wasnt the weekend when i first tried to contact them Thumbs Up

Post #120204 14th Nov 2011 9:51 am
Annie

This company are still not replying to email or phone calls so i paid for a full set of mudflaps and only the rear set fit.
I would not recommend these guys to anyone.

Post #120600 18th Nov 2011 8:56 am
EYorkshire

It does pay to treat EBay with caution, I will spend that little extra to ensure the site I am dealing with has a contact address as well as a telephone number. Those who show full contact details usually are trustworthy, but not all as your dealings show. Normally you pay for peace of mind but there's still no guarantee. Sad

Post #120606 18th Nov 2011 9:26 am
Annie

This wasnt ebay though. The company have 2 phone numbers and a full address, they just dont answer emails or phone calls.

I could return the flaps that dont fit but that would cost me and if they arent refunding me for their mudflaps that dont fit, i dont want to spend extra on return postage and be even more out of pocket. Just telling folks on here so they dont get stuffed by them aswell Thumbs Up

Post #120608 18th Nov 2011 9:38 am
wizking

I'm sorry to hear they have not got back to you after I bigged them up.

Post #120610 18th Nov 2011 9:45 am
EYorkshire

It's so annoying I know, just have to cut your losses sometimes. I just purchased some winter rubber mats, I looked on EBay and other sites but the photos of some did not match up 'shape' wise with the official LR product, although advertised for the Freelander 2. Confused
Eventually I bought the real product from 'Duckworths', yes I paid a little extra but no hassle and they fitted. Smile

Post #120611 18th Nov 2011 9:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>