Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > key fob programing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
bmwchaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Thanks, thats a bit of a bu**er! Main Dealer is on the mainland, we're on the Isle of Wight so its a Ferry trip just for a key Evil or Very Mad

Post #215220 29th Jan 2014 5:23 pm
FL2Printzern

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Ask here on the forum, maybe someone have the SDD -diag and can do it for you. If your remote is broken you need a new blank one too. (About 100 quid on eBay.)

Post #215222 29th Jan 2014 5:33 pm
JST

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

I have the gear to programme the key. However, as I live in France now, that is a slightly longer ferry trip! Very Happy John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One
Triumph Rocket 111 (sadly gone!)

Post #215312 30th Jan 2014 1:46 pm
bmwchaz

Quote:
I have the gear to programme the key. However, as I live in France now, that is a slightly longer ferry trip! Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a trip to France, nicer than Portsmouth Wink

Post #215328 30th Jan 2014 6:13 pm
MMAA70

United Kingdom 
Need a replacement for duplicate FOB (2010) Help please

Sorry, I'm usually just a driver of my 2 young sons. I'm using a company car LR freelander2 and now that 3yr contract is done, I just found out we can't find the duplicate. Checked with local LR dealer it's worth £280 including programming. I'm tempted to buy from ebay but have seen different specs for 5 button FOB, one dealer mentioned I'd need an LR013005 fob and LR007227 blade (£146.54 + vat). Can anyone please help on how I could possibly bring down the cost yet have a good functioning remote to return.

Help badly needed. Thanks.

Post #219806 18th Mar 2014 10:33 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

LR013005 looks correct for the fob (I don't know about the blade), but be very careful if buying from eBay. FL2 fobs cannot be re-programmed, so you need a new one which has never been coded to a car. Also beware of US-spec fobs (different frequency, I think) and things which look like fobs but are actually only cases to repair existing fobs! There are suitable ones on eBay if you're careful, but they're probably not going to be cheap even there, and you'll still have to pay a dealer to program the fob to the car.

Post #219809 18th Mar 2014 10:58 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I once bought a fob on ebay which was supplied by Guy Salmon Wakefield LR dealers. Still cost about £100. You could also try Dan @ Duckworths, one of our sponsors, he may be able to do a good price for you.
Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #219818 18th Mar 2014 12:42 pm
MMAA70

United Kingdom 

Thanks Pab. That's what I'm really worried about. Not sure if I'd get the authentic never been programmed key or a lemon, my savings might end up more of a waste.

Thanks dunkley, I'm going to check on the contacts you've given. I'm getting ridiculous at the moment having gotten in touch with Shropshire MacDonald LR dealer, they are selling the Fob with programming for £125.40 but I have to drive there for 3 hours one way(might be a good time to have a holiday). I'd check on your recommendations. Thanks.

Post #219820 18th Mar 2014 1:25 pm
dunkley201

MMAA70, just hope you realise, there are no less than 4 stages to add a missing second key: 1- Obtain Key Fob; 2- Obtain Emergency key blank; 3- Get key blank cut to pattern of your original key; 4- Program both fobs (new and original) at LR dealer.
In my case, I sourced the Fob from Guy Salmon via ebay; the key blank from a seller on ebay; the blank cutting from a good key cutting service/locksmiths (not Timpsons on the High St); programming from local LR dealer (after I rang around for a good price). Total cost was still around £170. Shocked

Post #219851 18th Mar 2014 4:29 pm
bmwchaz

FWIW, I got a new fob LR013005 (MY2008) from Britpart, £80 + vat trade and got it programmed by the nice people at Brooklyn 4x4 in Southampton for £25.00 + vat. Swapped the key blade over, but the eBay ones are ok. Don't buy a fob off eBay as you can't reprogramme them!

Post #219856 18th Mar 2014 5:14 pm
MMAA70

United Kingdom 

Hi Bmwchaz thanks for the heads up. I'm really looking for ways to pull the price down and been checking ebay for the blank key.

Dunkley, hope you won't mind if I ask for the ebay seller's name and how much you got the blank key for- a PM would be great if it's not allowed in here. Stratstone price is quite high- £44.90. I think £170 is more acceptable than £280 for the whole thing- OUCH!

And yes, that's how I gathered from here, multiple steps just to put the whole replacement set together.

I found Ducksworth's price quite good as well although I have to drive 3hours to get it programmed.

Post #219857 18th Mar 2014 6:16 pm
dunkley201

Here is what I posted when I replaced mine:

"My car (bought at a good discount) came with only one key - with a loose promise the spare key would be chased up. After much delay (I bought the car in July) with no result I contacted the previous owners (a lease company). They confirmed the car was returned to them without the second key, the loss of which they charged for to offset reduced residuals. I checked the cost of a replacement key with local LR dealer - £230 including programming Shocked
An ebay search revealed a key blank at £6.99 + PP and a new fob at £105 + pp. Dealer programming was priced at £60. I bought the key blank (a pattern item made in Italy) and had it "laser" cut at a locksmiths in Newark (£10). The fob came from Guy Salmon in Wakefield. The programming was done by Stratstone Nottingham for £50. Total £176.24."

I cannot remember the ebay seller of the key blank but if you do a search on ebay for "Freelander 2 key blank" a seller called "p and d keys" is selling one.
Good luck

Post #219878 18th Mar 2014 8:57 pm
MMAA70

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the extra mile of help on digging the archives. I quickly fired a question re:key cutting when you have clearly answered iron your last post. Thanks again. I'd give an update once we've resolved where to get what and where. It could have been convenient if our local dealer wasn't quoting an entirely different price.

Oh well. Great the forum's here to help.

Post #219881 18th Mar 2014 9:17 pm
SIII

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My remote started to play up this week, only had the one as the 'spare' that came with the car didin't work, even after I split the case and soldered a new battery in. Spoke to LLoyd Land Rover in Carlisle and was told that i would have to buy a new fob - as they cannot be re-batteried.

Went there this morning and told them that i wanted them to re-code my 2 existing key fobs - before i paid £121 + vat for a new fob. they said they would try that first. Surprise surprise _ I now have 2 working remote fobs!!!

So if your spare fob has been allowed to go flat and even if you replace the cell in it and it still doesn't work - worth a try getting them recoded. Cost me £54 for 1/2 hour labour but still a damn site better than £192 I was originally quoted.

Just thought this might help others out there in in a similar position. Will be using both fobs now and not let them go flat.

Very Happy

Post #223851 3rd May 2014 7:49 pm
Bushx

Canada 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Alaska White

Damn it. Wife lost the only fully functioning key fob. Spare one starts and unlocks, but won't lock for some reason. Called local dealer, $400 for a fob, $150 for programming. Gotta be out of their minds.

Post #303384 27th Jul 2016 3:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>