Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Remapped td4_e :Durham Remaps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

FWIW, remaps should NEVER be bought/sold on the promise of improved fuel economy.

You remap for extra power/torque. IF you happen to see an improvement in fuel economy, then Mr. Green
If not, then Mr. Green for the improved driveability

Thumbs Up

Post #215061 28th Jan 2014 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
choccymonster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Junior wrote:

DON'T tell your insurance company {...}, a remap is undetectable

Since this thread has been resurrected, I don't feel bad posting in it!!

For the avoidance of doubt, this is:-

The.
Worst.
Advice.
Ever.

Post #215062 28th Jan 2014 10:41 am
S.finder

United Kingdom 

Hi there Mikey,
If you look on Durham remaps website it offers different kinds of remaps (i.e Eco & Eco+ remaps) where he offers SPECIFIC FUEL ECONOMY GAINS, after lengthy discussion with him he convinced me that the Eco+ was the was to go as I wanted fuel economy gain and a little more power! he said I would aprox "5-6mpg" more along with "20bhp & 50nm of torque"
Even if I got the power and 3-4mpg extra I would have been happy but the car struggled to stay at what it was getting at first.
He said he tried to "tweak it" but took all the power away without telling me and I still only got an extra 2-3mpg extra fuel economy.
So are you saying Mikey that Ian (and anyone else) who offer Eco or "half/half" remaps can not come through with this and it's a lie?

Also it's not just the issue of all the remapping not working it's mainly his attitude and basically saying "well if your not happy then P#*s off"

Post #215081 28th Jan 2014 1:19 pm
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Not saying it's a lie, but in general, there is a fuel economy saving when the car has been re-mapped.

However, as I said before, a remap should never be purchased for fuel economy improvements.
You remap for more power/torque, AND IF there is an improvement in economy, then it is an extra little bonus Thumbs Up

Post #215093 28th Jan 2014 2:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
S.finder

United Kingdom 

So what about the specific "Eco" remap that this guy offers for "specifically" fuel economy and fuel saving, where do I stand as a customer and he stand as a "so called" tradesman/businessman selling this?
If a remap should only be bought/sold/offered fir power should he not get done under something like the "trades discrimination act" or something??????????????????

Post #215097 28th Jan 2014 3:21 pm
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

With respect, I think you and Mikey are talking at cross-purposes.

He is suggesting that in the 'real world', remapping can only _guarantee_ performance increases, not economy, despite any advertising claims.

You may well have a case against your vendor under the Sale Of Goods Act or similar, but you'd need to be able to back this up with hard evidence of what the car was like before and after.

Small claims court is cheap to access but as I say, you need evidence.

I'd suggest a calm chat with the guy first.

Post #215100 28th Jan 2014 4:31 pm
S.finder

United Kingdom 

Yes le bouch I think you may be right about the crossed purposes thing, with regards to "having a calm chat" with this guy (Ian @ Durham Remaps) that's ways past as I tried a number of times to talk to him and avoided/ignored me and said he was too busy when I actually went into the garage, it ended up up in a telephone conversation where I was trying to tell him that "I did not expect anything more than he said he could offer (and would settle for less actually)" and in turn him telling me that "it us his business and runs it how "he" feels and if he doesn't want to deal with somebody like me then 'he won't' and doesn't want my business.
I will probably bring this to an end by saying "I started this post up again as it mentioned Durham Remaps and I just want to warn anybody else out there to "STAY AWAY"
If your thinking of a remap (Eco/power or otherwise) go else where as he does not appreciate a customers service or business.

Post #215120 28th Jan 2014 6:51 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I wouldn't map an eD4 anyway. They have smaller injectors than the TD4 and they are running at max duty cycle at 170bhp.

If your going to map an eD4 or TD4e, fit the TD4 injectors. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #215130 28th Jan 2014 8:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12