Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Disabled parking at hospitals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
dunroof

Disabled parking at hospitals

Listening to the news, there is uproar about disabled drivers having to pay a quid to park.

I've got to ask why? One minuet were are all equal, the next people want concessions.

The majority of blue badges are abused. They park anywhere they like and most could give Linford Christie a run for his money.

Most irritating is the way they park in the mother and child spots at supermarkets. Selfish, selfish people.

That said their Doctors are to blame for a lot of it. They have to sign the blue badges off to get one, that and relatives driving the motor with no disabled person within 10 light years!

Post #120483 17th Nov 2011 9:12 am
taztastic

England 

I agree, equality goes out of the window.

I know there are genuine cases, but for most, if they had to park further away and walk then maybe their legs would work, they are simply lazy.
As for flouting traffic laws and parking illegally, it is crass ignorance and selfishness, the system has huge flaws that are abused.

Back to the original question....payments if levied, should be made by all, in practical terms, more for disabled as they have bigger spaces Twisted Evil

Post #120485 17th Nov 2011 9:34 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

You can get a disabled ticket for being fat! Surely if they parked further away they would not be so fat!

Post #120488 17th Nov 2011 9:56 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey
Re: Disabled parking at hospitals

dunroof wrote:
Listening to the news, there is uproar about disabled drivers having to pay a quid to park.

I've got to ask why? One minuet were are all equal, the next people want concessions.

The majority of blue badges are abused. They park anywhere they like and most could give Linford Christie a run for his money.

Most irritating is the way they park in the mother and child spots at supermarkets. Selfish, selfish people.

That said their Doctors are to blame for a lot of it. They have to sign the blue badges off to get one, that and relatives driving the motor with no disabled person within 10 light years!

totally agree dunroof,

and if you go into big council estates you can't get parked as the place is full of disabled parking spaces ??

in fact I cannot park outside my mother in law's door as it is someone's disabled space !!

they all drive brand new Renault Scenics or Ford Focus and are quick to run out and chase you if you park in their private space.

Iain

Post #120492 17th Nov 2011 10:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i think they should pay to park, if they are parking in a carpark thats not free, just cause they are disabled doesn't mean they don't have the money to pay like at non-disabled person especially when their spaces are bigger, just make the paypoint closer to their parking bays

Yes allow them to park on yellow lines to pop into shops, but there should be a time limit on this, so they can't park there all day whilst in the pub

They should also be tickets (or loss of permit) for parking in mother and baby spots, they are there for a reason to prove space and safety for mothers/fathers getting their kids out/in to cars Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #120500 17th Nov 2011 10:56 am
taztastic

England 

npinks wrote:

Yes allow them to park on yellow lines to pop into shops, but there should be a time limit on this, so they can't park there all day whilst in the pub

I disagree, yellow lines are there for a purpose, to aid traffic flow or for safety reasons.
In todays society there is no reason for using yellow lines "to nip into a shop" many other methods are available.

Two years ago, a mobility scooter was stopped going the wrong way down a one way street, the driver was intoxicated, he was "let off", the CPS said the case would provoke uproar at a disabled person being banned from using his scooter. My friend, the arresting officer, was stunned by this, "why does he bother" was his reply. Anyhow I digress, better get back on track or Pinky will have me equalised Laughing

Post #120503 17th Nov 2011 11:32 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

its the time they park up for though, a quick nip in for a loaf of bread, bank some hard earned benefits thats fine, its the users and abusers that get my goat Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #120507 17th Nov 2011 12:03 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

It's all a bit tricky,
How about the disabled driver who parks up and stays in the car whilst the non disabled passengers go shopping?
How about the disabled driver who parks up near the doors then spends 3 hours walking round a shopping mall?
Question

Post #120508 17th Nov 2011 12:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

1st scenario is wrong imo

2nd scenario, is morally wrong, as not all disabilities mean they can not walk, but then if they can walk, they could have parked a little further away Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #120511 17th Nov 2011 12:33 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

landy19840 wrote:
You can get a disabled ticket for being fat! Surely if they parked further away they would not be so fat!

Rolling with laughter Bow down Funny BUT - absolutely correct Thumbs Up

Post #120515 17th Nov 2011 1:40 pm
ad210358

England 

You want to have to work in London, they put Red Routea all over the place, then they make little marked out Loading Bays which allow you 20 minutes parking, but if they don't see you within 10 minutes they ticket you, how the Censored can you stop take something to the 20th floor and be back in under 10 minutes is beyond me yet if you have a Blue Badge you can block the bay for 2 hours Evil or Very Mad

Post #120528 17th Nov 2011 6:47 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I am really truly shocked. The last time I read such a load of bigoted and ill informed cobblers as this, I was "reading" the Daily Mail Shocked

May I assume that none of you have any direct experience of serious disability, or working or living with individuals that have? Perhaps a little time doing some one to one physical care with a substantially disabled person and spending a few days in their company to understand their situation might help...

Abuse of the blue badge and parent and child parking spaces may be one thing, resenting making provision for genuinely disabled users is quite another Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Tigger on 17th Nov 2011 7:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #120536 17th Nov 2011 7:31 pm
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 14th Feb 2013 9:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #120537 17th Nov 2011 7:32 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Couldn't agree more Tigger, it's always the abled body people who moan the most. Let's hope for their sake that they never have to deal with a disability or a disabled person Twisted Evil ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #120540 17th Nov 2011 7:38 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

There is another point about the original question and it is true of supermarket car parks.

They are essentially car parks on private land not covered (normally) by traffic laws - so does the blue badge scheme have to be honoured by the car park owner? or is it just them being nice and considerate.

Perhaps they should consider us and have Land Rover only parking spaces Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #120541 17th Nov 2011 7:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>