Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratstone ......... again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

wouldn't do any harm to let him get it up on his ramps and give it a good going over.

he may see some indications on underside/wheels, etc that the car has been used offroad more than once.

may give you some ammo to go back to dealer and complain, and/or give you some peace of mind.

do you have details of the previous owner/service history, etc ?

Iain

Post #119605 8th Nov 2011 10:13 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Sweep up the mud from your garage floor and deliver it to the salesman's desk and ask him to explain why it was still on your car after it had been cleaned.

Post #119611 8th Nov 2011 11:33 am
Annie

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

I had thought of doing that actually. I'm definitely taking photos as this is after it's been in for that specific job doing and after i had removed some of it and then thought, hang on, im crouched here with mud running down my arms after paying a dealer for a 'quality used car'.

I've lost patience and just emailed the CEO of Pendragon to complain and ask him what he thinks i should do next Rolling Eyes

Post #119612 8th Nov 2011 11:36 am
Annie

Thanks. I feel a bit foolish that i bought from them actually after reading things on the internet before handing over my part ex and cash so thanks for not saying anything like that. Really appreciate it chaps.

I must say, i love the car but i havent told them that and i have detached myself from it (as you said).

I have also emailed pendragon through their 'contact us' and asked for a contact name of the person i need to send my complaint to and they have just rung me and emailed me back asking for more info. I was unfortunately on my other phone so didnt answer.

The salesman has been quite pleasant throughout and it's sad that it comes to reporting them and complaining but it's all there is left to do.

I rang the salesman this morning and he said that he was waiting to speak to the valeter to see what happened. I told him that it's not a valeter's job to remove the arches and get them sorted, it's probably a workshop job. He said he would ring straight back and surprise surprise he hasn't.
I'm definitely bagging the muck up and taking it when i do go.

Post #119621 8th Nov 2011 12:48 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

trevor.finn*pendragonplc.com

Annie, Suggest try this link, its from a list published on Detailer site I look at that has email addresses of CEO's in case you need to complain

Hope its still current & you get things sorted, may be worth also sending him the link to this forum to see the 'damage' done to their reputation. 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #119622 8th Nov 2011 1:02 pm
Annie

Thank you GJH for that name. Very helpful. I emailed the chap earlier (it was on the detailing forum) but thought it wouldnt hurt to email pendragon and ask them who to complain to so that i could get the ball rolling another way aswell (if you know what i mean).

The thing is, from my earlier posting on here, you can see that i will praise them when i think that praise is needed (although i was praising them too soon and nothing actually happened that was supposed to) so i think i'm being very fair and not just a keyboard warrior type that you can sometimes find on the internet Smile

The lady at Pendragon who responded earlier has just asked for the details via email. She is being very helpful. It's upsetting when things go this way and people have to be complained about. She has asked which dealer it is etc. I'm not looking forward to visiting them again now but it needs sorting one way or another

Post #119624 8th Nov 2011 1:15 pm
Annie

Just had a really nice email from the lady sorting it for me. Just waiting for a call from the dealer now to see what's happening

Hi Sarah,

Totally appreciate you not wanting to get anyone in to trouble over it – I just want to make sure that you are 100% with the service we are providing and from the sounds of it, you aren’t!

I’ve spoken with the Dealer Principal, Kevin Fearn, who would like to give you a call and try and turn the experience round for you so hopefully you can enjoy the car to its full potential.

I hope this is ok and by all means if you are still not satisfied with the level of service then please get back in touch with me.
With kind regards

Sarah

Sarah Morris

Post #119626 8th Nov 2011 1:29 pm
GJH0702

Suggest that you ask them to come & collect your Freelander, leaving their car with you for your use, they take it back full steam clean underneath etc, replace bumper rubber then return it to you for your 'inspection'
a) saves your time & trouble b) you don't have to walk through dealers feeling self conscious 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #119628 8th Nov 2011 1:44 pm
Annie

I hadnt thought of that. I must say, i'm dreading going now. Havent heard from the garage yet.

My friend on the detailing site said it needs steam cleaning underneath aswell

Thumbs Up

Can you imagine how they would drive it though knowing i have complained Big Cry

Post #119629 8th Nov 2011 1:49 pm
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Don't dread going back.
They are the ones in the wrong here and not you.

Chin up... it'll all be okay in the end, I'm sure Smile
And before you know it, you'll have a sparkling clean car all ready for, er, winter Rolling Eyes

Post #119632 8th Nov 2011 2:13 pm
Annie

Ha ha yes i know winter is on it's way. The dealer principle has just phoned. He asked me why i hadn't phoned him instead? I didnt ring him as i didnt think he would care as nobody else seems to at that site. I have spoken to several men at that site and nobody cared so i got the impression that he would be the same (rightly or wrongly on my part).

I'm taking it in on Thursday and he says me and him will look at it on the ramps and see what needs doing. He mentioned his powerful jetwash and i said that i would have jetwashed it myself if i thought that i could get the wand where it needs to go but i dont think a jetwash will get where the mud is. Perhaps i'm wrong but up at the top of the springs, the mud is caked with old mud and loose mud that i can pull out. Mucky job that i'm fed up of doing Rolling Eyes

I'm relieved that we are going to see it on the ramps as it is very dirty underneath (i know, to be expected in this weather) but at least i can see if there is any damage when it's on the ramp.

Not looking forward to it but i will be glad to get it done. I do love the car and want to make it last and that is why i want it right from day 1 Smile

Last edited by Annie on 8th Nov 2011 2:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #119636 8th Nov 2011 2:44 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ask them wow they managed to give to vehicle its thorough pre sales check over if they didnt notice all the mud in the springs?

my car bought second hand was a clean as a new pin underneath on collection, not anymore however Big Cry At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #119637 8th Nov 2011 2:44 pm
Annie

Hello chicken george. Fancy seeing you here.

I've got most of the crud out of the springs but there is still some caked in around the bottom bit.

It's the other i've been concerned about, up where you cant see unless you feel. I know, i know, how weird feeling up there but it makes me wonder where the car has been to get mud right up there.

Anyway taking it on Thursday and hopefully that will be an end to my muddy troubles Rolling Eyes

Post #119638 8th Nov 2011 2:46 pm
GJH0702

Annie, please ensure that you document all phone calls, emails and the amount of time you have spent dealing with this- including time of trips to dealers, include mileage at .40 pence per gallon ( Revenue guide for this size diesel)

If you don’t know what your time is worth on an hourly basis charge at dealers labour cost!

Then claim for 'material inconvenience & distress' – suggest min £100

Then either ‘accept’ in a cheque or voucher to spend on servicing costs or any extra’s you need.

I am a manager for a large Financial PLC and I have to deal with complaints & settle them daily- main thing is we want satisfied customers but also don’t want ANY adverse press

Just remember you didn’t want or ask for all this, you bought a car from a main dealer and paid a ‘premium’ for the comfort & Confidence that should bring with it.

Make certain he is aware of this Forum & your postings- Every dissatisfied customer on average tells 9 others, but a satisfied customer often tells no one- he has an opportunity to show you & this forum if his company are 'serious' about customer relations

Please lets know how you get on 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #119640 8th Nov 2011 3:02 pm
Annie

Thank you GJH. Top tips. I will start and make some notes Thumbs Up

The lady i dealt with over email gave me confidence that future problems will be sorted so that has put my mind at rest aswell in case any further problems arise in the future

Post #119642 8th Nov 2011 3:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>