« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Auto Headlights not switching off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Sebba92

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

carguy wrote:

Had to have a new windscreen recently and I wonder if this could be the source of the problem as I think the sensors for auto-headlamps are embedded in the screen somewhere....

Check the sensor behind mirror. Mine, after changing of windscreen was not properly glued and was making problems with auto-lights and whipers (whipers were starting operation on every hole in the road)

Post #117610 21st Oct 2011 10:06 am
N3ooney

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

After picking up my 57 FL2 the other day, I discovered that the auto lights appeared to stay on permanently and that the auto wiper feature didn't work (amongst other things including the PDC sensors operating randomly). I took the plastic cover off the rear view mirror and Lo and behold the connector was undone! The mirror bracket has been slightly butchered and a bit of the connector socket on the sensor has been snapped off too - looks liked a bodged windscreen replacement job to me. With the connector done up, and after reconnecting the battery after allowing 10mins for a system reboot, all the sensors work fine now (sprinkle water on the windscreen in the sensor area to test the wipers - more water, the faster they go! Test the headlights by covering the sensor with something). My only problem now, is that the mirror came off during the job and now I can't re-attach it to the windscreen Big Cry

Update: Had a chat with a nice man at Autoglass who helped me to re-attach the mirror by fitting it offset to the lugs attached to the windscreen and turning the mounting through about 60degrees (bayonet fit). Everything working faultlessly now.....including the parking sensors..........

Post #120946 21st Nov 2011 11:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12