« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Rusty !!! Under driver seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blacklr

Rusty !!! Under driver seat

Anyone got this issue??

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #116285 9th Oct 2011 2:38 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Only time I’ve seen that was on a scrapper that had been soaked in the rain. Imho rust suggests water or dampness of some kind… Confused 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #116292 9th Oct 2011 3:40 pm
blacklr

gusmagoo wrote:
Only time I’ve seen that was on a scrapper that had been soaked in the rain. Imho rust suggests water or dampness of some kind… Confused

I thought of dampness or water seepage too but why only on driver seat?

Post #116295 9th Oct 2011 3:52 pm
gusmagoo

Mmmmm dunno… saying that under my drivers seat there’s the sat nav box and I’m sure there’s an area of exposed / uncarpeted body work there which could give rise to condensation given the right conditions? 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #116298 9th Oct 2011 4:04 pm
garyd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

while i was looking around for my fl2 a couple of months back we looked at a number of different models and aged freelanders and i did happen to notice that on one fl2 sports model there was something that looked like rust powder on the underside of the drivers seat this was on an o10 model. after that i checked every fl2 i was interested in but never saw it again, this model i believe didn't have a SATnav fitted,,,, but could be wrong about the satnav

Post #116310 9th Oct 2011 6:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chugga90

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Our FL2 had water leaks when we brought it when around 2 yrs old. The selling dealer was very good at solving the leaks but made a mess of the headlining doing so!
One of the pipes had come off of the panoramic roof drain, this had flooded the well under the drivers seat, filled the heater fan with water and ruined the front carpet and underlay. It was all fixed under warranty, but since then some under dash and seat parts are showing rust. So yours may have had a problem and was fixed?

Have noticed in the heavy rain the last few days water getting in the top of the bootlid, I think its through the high level brakelight, but will need to study how that comes apart!

Post #123465 13th Dec 2011 5:16 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Yes, I have the same but nowhere near as bad as that pic. But I haven't noticed any damp in the car at all and no leaks or water marks anywhere I can, I've had it since new for 2years.

But mine is only tiny spots here and there under both front seats, at the moment not worth a trip to the dealers.

Post #123475 13th Dec 2011 7:14 pm
ad210358

England 

chugga90 wrote:

Have noticed in the heavy rain the last few days water getting in the top of the bootlid, I think its through the high level brakelight, but will need to study how that comes apart!

High level brake light leaking water is a common fault on the earlier models, easy fix if you want to do it yourself, hit the search button you will find a few threads on it, even in the last two weeks it was mentioned Thumbs Up

Post #123481 13th Dec 2011 8:23 pm
gusmagoo

chugga90 wrote:

After heavy rain last week I also noticed a few rainwater drips on my load cover. I knew straight away what the likely cause was having noticed it in the summer... The left cable run into the boot has been catching on the boot rubber when closing; you can see clear indentations on the seal when open. Further investigation proved a gap was then created allowing water in... I don’t imaging it’s an easy fix though (if you wanted to replace the protective flexible tubing) as there must be quite a few cables running through the rubber tubing. 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #123521 14th Dec 2011 11:21 am
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

New wiring harness in the tailgate if you want to replace the convoluted grommet i'm afraid. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #123856 16th Dec 2011 7:17 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Pegleg wrote:
New wiring harness in the tailgate if you want to replace the convoluted grommet i'm afraid.

Shocked Bit like saying new wheels if you need to replace the tyres

Post #124289 19th Dec 2011 9:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1