« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > extras dont mean a thing on yours
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
extras dont mean a thing on yours

Shocked rear and front light gaurds,side boby mouldings,upper colour coded mirror caps,silver effect dash fascia kit,privacy glass, its putting a personal mark on your pride and joy,but does not mean athing to when you want a px of the main stealers,....i spent over £800 on the above,........px price with the dealer asking what extras has it got,another dealer,i dont tell its got these extras ,............and yes you guessed,,both came out with the same price,they were the same company just 2 different locations,..but when on sale the cant rant on enought about extras, Laughing so my new one will have only privacy this time Thumbs Up almost forgot it had a spare wheel aswell Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter as all dealers lately seem this is an extra thats fab to have Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #114130 20th Sep 2011 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Calcul@tor

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Either sell the extras off - or transfer them to your new one...

Post #114140 20th Sep 2011 9:54 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Calcul@tor wrote:
Either sell the extras off - or transfer them to your new one...
i wish,but cant as the light gaurds are drilled in to body panels,so would leave holes,privacy glass cant be removed ,unless i take it out and buy clear glass Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter side body moulding would prob lift the paint off,if i tried to remove them,also may damage ,or leave marks on dash trying to remove silver dash thinggy,good thinking but no pratical Thumbs Up anyway sold private so dont mind now so much and £3000 more in my wallet than the stealers offered Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #114144 20th Sep 2011 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Extras only mean, EXTRA cash from your pocket to the Dealer Pocket.

There start with the basic's, Mat & Flap, then the goody's just get more expensive, Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Most Extra's just clip on screw or bolt on, and cost the earth for want there made off, most dealer's will remove all the extrs on a trade in. so the car is back to Standard. And then sale them on , or throw them to the next buyer to get the deal !! Censored Censored
so you get nothing for them if your trading a car in with any extra's on Big Cry

Ford started it years ago with the ford Mustang in the states. BMW with the Mini ( salt and pepper pack) etc,

Post #114147 20th Sep 2011 10:13 pm
ad210358

England 

Similar thing has been mentioned before on here, there are a couple of threads were someone was thinking of buying a low spec model such as buying a S model and adding extras to make it almost a GS which works out a little cheaper but it is still not worth more when selling with the options they still class it as an S model.

Post #114148 20th Sep 2011 10:16 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I can confirm the above is true from the dealers given all the bits on mine!! Maybe I should do a PX of my Diamond Turned alloys to someone on here with normal HSE wheels. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #114157 20th Sep 2011 11:26 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

my dealer noted my extras on trade in and included them as value added, his notes on the invoice say
side tubes
privacy
wheel upgrade (I kid you not)

He said the above means he can sell it on his forecourt rather than trade it on, confident of a quick sale.

Side tubes are bent he should have looked more carefully Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #114158 20th Sep 2011 11:28 pm
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Most extras add very little value to a cars px worth. Certainly cosmetic extras such as mud flaps, mouldings, side tubes and headlamp protectors do little to improve the value. Key extras are leather, sat nav, climate and wheels.

Post #114159 21st Sep 2011 12:00 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

better always to buy the model that meets your requirements, ie I bought an HSE as I wanted this specification

no point in buying a lower spec and trying to bring it up to the higher spec, etc

also a lot of people prefer a standard car whether it's an S, XS, etc rather than one that has been blinged up.

Iain

Post #114174 21st Sep 2011 8:51 am
LRFTW

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

on advice read here and elsewhere I went for the GS rather than S + leather (we weren't bothered about satnav) as it makes sense for second hand market searching for the spec level not the extras

Post #114247 21st Sep 2011 4:02 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I think it better to spec a model that suits your needs and wish list wheather its an s , gs , xs, or hse you should be buying for your self not the next man, , I have specced our gs out so it's like an xs inside and hse out side , it's funny how it came from the factory with no gs badge on it , and unless you knew what to look for it would pass as a hse but cost tons less.

Post #114287 21st Sep 2011 8:58 pm
ad210358

England 

It seems extras traded in are of use the the dealer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freelander-2-Use...2567b061e7

Post #114297 21st Sep 2011 9:55 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

ad210358 wrote:
It seems extras traded in are of use the the dealer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freelander-2-Use...2567b061e7

Exactly one reason why I would remove mine!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #114302 21st Sep 2011 10:37 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Extras always have and always will be IMHO a purely personal upgrade to a vehicle and of little or NO value when it comes to changing. (Ok more so at a dealers, private sale might be slightly easier to highlight as a benefit) In fact now a days it’s not what extras it’s got; it’s what extras it HASN’T got that people focus on! (Typical!) I guess it wouldn’t do for them all to be the same though so c’est la vie. 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #115604 3rd Oct 2011 4:57 pm
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I always remove anything I have bought such as mats etc and sell them on the bay unless of course I am buying the same car again. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #115615 3rd Oct 2011 6:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>