Home > Off Topic > Dart Charge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Dart Charge

I should have known better!

I recently travelled south for a few days and used the Dartford crossing both ways. Aware toll payment is now online, before departure I quickly Googled “dart crossing”, found www.dartpayment.co.uk and duly paid for two crossings. The charge looked excessive (£15), but not being a regular user, assumed I was being penalised for having a Euro4 diesel. A week later, yes, you have guessed it, I received a PCN for £70, then another a few days later. I had been suckered by a copycat website. Investigation reveals I am not alone, Trip Advisor has loads of negative reviews - all because there are several copycat websites set up to scam the motorist. To date, I made a representation against the fine, which was rejected. I have now submitted an appeal and await the outcome. I must admit I am not anticipating a positive outcome! A nice little earner for Dart Charge - we are scammed by rogue websites and fined by the authorities rather than them stamping out such scum. Does anyone else have experience like this? 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #372428 22nd May 2019 3:47 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ouch that’s bad, sorry to hear you got caught......but.......not so sure you can really blame the genuine Dart crossing authorities (having said that I think the Dart crossing is and has been a con for years) and when we lived in Essex we would avoid it as much as we could after it became the private toll booth less crap it is now!

Fingers crossed for the appeal.....but..... Sad Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372429 22nd May 2019 4:04 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

That www.dartpayment.co.uk address seems to not be working so maybe they’ve been shut down? I found a similar site and they wanted £4 for one way. The official price for non account holders is £2.50 so that’s a scam. I have an account as we are always popping over to Bluewater shopping centre. I pay £2.00 per crossing. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #372430 22nd May 2019 5:00 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

The fault of these scam websites lies firmly with THE GOVERNMENT, who were challenged last year by one of their own MP's over a fake DVLC website that was doing the same. As is commonplace with Treason May-bot, nothing came of it. Incredible that they can devote so much public money towards technology that can't predict the weather accurately, yet claim that there are "no funds" to stop these and continually allow fraudulent websites to flourish, or be policed properly.

Give the lot of them the bloody nose that they all deserve at the Polls tomorrow...they are all about as much use as tits on an ugly bird! MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #372431 22nd May 2019 5:17 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Our friends paid something like £35 each for a EHIC card that mimicked the official government site where they are totally free. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #372436 22nd May 2019 8:02 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Steve D wrote:
That www.dartpayment.co.uk address seems to not be working so maybe they’ve been shut down? I found a similar site and they wanted £4 for one way. The official price for non account holders is £2.50 so that’s a scam. I have an account as we are always popping over to Bluewater shopping centre. I pay £2.00 per crossing.

Yes, I am aware that web site is now shut down. I presently have a claim pending with my Halifax CC for a refund. I have now set up a PAYG account which will cover my occasional use. No great hope of success re the appeal.

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #372437 22nd May 2019 8:08 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

The range of scams is getting out of hand, driving offences, owing tax, car crash claims just to name a few. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #372440 22nd May 2019 9:59 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

The lowest common denominator in all these fiddles/frauds/scams WORLDWIDE is the Indian sub-continent. I'm not going to get into a political wrangle with anyone on here regarding ethnicity, as I wou,d hate to be accused (yet again) of wayyyyyyyycismmmmmm, however - the FACTS speak for themselves where worldwide fraud is prevalent!

Cnuts.

Vote Farage!!! (Tomorrow) MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #372441 22nd May 2019 10:18 pm
Paul4751

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Sympathy with all those who got scammed....but for goodness sake....some of those charges are screaming out to be scams! You've gotta be street wise, alert, canny, worldly, experienced, aged.

As someone said to me recently....you look like a man who's lived...but not lately!

(tongue in cheek)

Post #372444 22nd May 2019 10:41 pm
Cherokee

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

SouthamFL2 wrote:
The lowest common denominator in all these fiddles/frauds/scams WORLDWIDE is the Indian sub-continent. I'm not going to get into a political wrangle with anyone on here regarding ethnicity, as I wou,d hate to be accused (yet again) of wayyyyyyyycismmmmmm, however - the FACTS speak for themselves where worldwide fraud is prevalent!

Cnuts.

Vote Farage!!! (Tomorrow)

Hear Hear - well said that man, absolutely bang on the truth.

Voted Farage today & proud, long live democracy.

Cheers
Brian Cool

Post #372460 23rd May 2019 11:09 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Gents

This I feel is not the place for politics, however passionate we are about them.

But thank you for the timely reminder to vote as I would have forgotten.

And yes a lot of the scams are coming from the Ex-colonies, they speak English.
I'm sure a lot of the scams in France come from their Ex-colonies for the same reason. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #372473 23rd May 2019 1:26 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

My scam calls seem to come from Manchester colony though Shocked

Post #372475 23rd May 2019 2:18 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

. . . . . and don't even get me started on those 'scam' phone calls. We were being pursued by 'Shirley' about our internet access, she now seems to have dropped off the radar, however, yesterday alone I had 7 calls to either my landline or mobile about RTCs, internet issues . . .wtf. How do you stop these people? Their numbers are not recognised, so no ring back possibility. Sympathy lies with the very elderly, or stupid, who fall for these calls.

Post #372478 23rd May 2019 3:21 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I usually reply to the “we heard you had an accident recently” calls with me saying I am amazed you knew so quickly as the emergency service are still on their way and I am half way down the well with a broken arm and my left leg next to my ear, which is how I managed to answer the phone.......they often hang up at this stage Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372488 23rd May 2019 5:14 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I let them rant on for a few minutes but just answering "yes" to all their questions and not givng any information then I turn it on them saying that they were they other driver who was at fault and ask when they are going to give me the money. They don't usually call again but they do sell on my number to other criminal scammers.

J

Post #372507 24th May 2019 10:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>