Home > General > DS £13,500 on Autotrader
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Tigger wrote:
SouthamFL2 wrote:
forget anything, and I mean ANYTHING post 2015 with a LR badge. You are just asking for grief.....

September 2017 L405, 53,000 miles, going well Thumbs Up

Apart from over a month when it wouldn’t work? Wink Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372252 19th May 2019 9:12 am
j77

Scotland 

Tigger wrote:
SouthamFL2 wrote:
forget anything, and I mean ANYTHING post 2015 with a LR badge. You are just asking for grief.....

September 2017 L405, 53,000 miles, going well Thumbs Up

Meanwhile, generally speaking...

After over 300,000 miles, between 6 different LR’s, over 8 years, I’ve had just two significant problems. Overall, they may not have been perfect, but they’ve been as good as anything I’ve ever owned before and a lot better than many. LR owners do seem to have the most pessimistic (and easiest and quickest to find fault) outlook of any brand owners I’ve ever known! I long for some balance.

Still wouldn’t buy that DS though, especially when that kind of money could buy something half decent instead Thumbs Up For instance:

https://www.harpendenvans.com/vehicles/lan...ech-16495/

I disagree, true LR fans are more forgiving than other owners. The problem being that as the cars have become more desirable they’ve attracted the German fan boys who want the latest must have and they realise that things ain’t as good as they look, it’s the reason I no longer post on the Velar forum. My BMW done this, my Audi done that blah, blah, blah.

I’ve had £7k worth of warranty claims in 16 months, many would’ve walked away, and I seriously thought about it, but me being me, I said to myself “it’s the worst experience I’ve had but can I have another” and put a deposit on a Defender. I’ve looked at other brands but I keep coming back to LR. It will be prices that force me out the brand. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #372257 19th May 2019 10:26 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Although I’ve seen warranty claims be accepted LR that BMudiWagen-Benz would have laughed out of the door. A colleague of mine had an 18 month old Audi that they wouldn’t consider a claim for a dead battery on because an immobiliser had been fitted. It was an intense battle to get them to even test the battery (which they eventually found was genuinely and obviously faulty).

I appreciate and sympathise that you had some serious issues with the Velar, but I’ve read too many extended whinges on issues, where some people really need to gain a sense of proportion Rolling Eyes I’ve certainly found their warranty claims to be generous; sometimes a little slow, but always generous Thumbs Up

It’s interesting to see that the Velar has attracted new customers, rather than simply cannibalise other LR sales, though I too wouldn’t choose to spend too much time with people that think a 3 Series in a good idea! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post #372264 19th May 2019 1:02 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

^
^
^
Thumbs Up

Although......our previous Audi Q3 we had from new for three years and it was as reliable as the Lexus RX we had for 10 years previous to that, and that was nigh on perfect.

Occasionally the odd one gets screwed together properly Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372265 19th May 2019 1:39 pm
j77

Scotland 

Tigger wrote:
Although I’ve seen warranty claims be accepted LR that BMudiWagen-Benz would have laughed out of the door. A colleague of mine had an 18 month old Audi that they wouldn’t consider a claim for a dead battery on because an immobiliser had been fitted. It was an intense battle to get them to even test the battery (which they eventually found was genuinely and obviously faulty).

I appreciate and sympathise that you had some serious issues with the Velar, but I’ve read too many extended whinges on issues, where some people really need to gain a sense of proportion Rolling Eyes I’ve certainly found their warranty claims to be generous; sometimes a little slow, but always generous Thumbs Up

It’s interesting to see that the Velar has attracted new customers, rather than simply cannibalise other LR sales, though I too wouldn’t choose to spend too much time with people that think a 3 Series in a good idea! Rolling Eyes Laughing

They are definitely slow Laughing

Thankfully all is well and I just put it down to one of those cars that crops up every now and again. My overall experience of the brand is positive. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #372266 19th May 2019 2:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123