« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Insurance question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Milothedog wrote:
Could be wrong Question But I always thought it was the insurance companies right (T&C's) to decide if its repaired or you get paid out Question

Not if you are not their Policyholder, no. It's your choice if they admit liability, their T's & C's are irrelevant to you as the other party.

Post #370028 11th Apr 2019 2:51 pm
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Milothedog wrote:
In my case it was my Triumph sprint ST 955i , since then I've has a Triumph sprint ST 1050 and currently a Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050

My current bike with my wife pretending she could ride it Laughing

You like Triumphs then ?

11 year old BMW F800 GS for me - stilll going strong and looks like new ( but only 220000 miles)

Post #370033 11th Apr 2019 3:55 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I had a BMW that was damaged in a car park - involved a nasty dent to rear passenger door. My insurance company deemed it a write off - to my astonishment. It appeared that there was nothing I could do to change this. End result was they wrote it off, I bought it off them and had the back door repaired for little money, rather than replaced, at huge cost, as intended by insurance company. Eventually traded it in for my Freelander several years later.

The Freelander was also damaged in a car park. I was surprised to receive a call from the other persons insurance company asking me to consider letting them deal with my claim (my old company that had written the BMW off!). They proposed using a decent local repair centre, were happy to provide me with a replacement 4x4 vehicle whilst it got repaired and paid me £200 cash for letting them deal with the matter. Apparently this approach saves them vast amounts of money when the liability is clearcut rather than letting other company's run up all manner of costs and charges that they eventually have to pay out on.

Post #370034 11th Apr 2019 4:02 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Deano64 wrote:
Milothedog wrote:
In my case it was my Triumph sprint ST 955i , since then I've has a Triumph sprint ST 1050 and currently a Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050

You like Triumphs then ?

11 year old BMW F800 GS for me - stilll going strong and looks like new ( but only 220000 miles)

Yes and No, had many other big Jap bikes in the past, just so happened that I traded my CBR1000 for the first Sprint and then stuck with the Triumphs Thumbs Up 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #370036 11th Apr 2019 4:13 pm
philclemo

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Well, so far so good? My Freely was collected by the repairer on Thursday and yesterday I was informed that parts are on order (new door, door moulding). The alloy has been x-rayed and checked for straightness, been refurbished and the tyre replaced.

The chap I spoke to gave me details of what they had done and would be doing during the course of the repair such as 4 wheel alignment, there will be a repair to a spot where the door has scratched the wheel arch. He also pointed out that the wheel arch protector is corroded and needs replacing (which I knew about) and that it wasn't them or the accident that caused it's current condition. Very encouraging attention to detail I thought.

I am expecting an update on Monday for a finishing date. Fingers crossed, touching wood etc 2010MY 2.2 e4 (gone but, not forgotten)
Audi TT Roadster 3.2 DSG
FFRR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 (L322)

Post #370126 13th Apr 2019 9:22 am
philclemo

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Well my Freely was delivered back to me last Wednesday as promised. Up to now I'm very impressed, excellent colour match and the car had a full valet afterwards too.

Pics of before and after...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2010MY 2.2 e4 (gone but, not forgotten)
Audi TT Roadster 3.2 DSG
FFRR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 (L322)

Post #371296 2nd May 2019 4:26 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Milothedog wrote:
Deano64 wrote:
Milothedog wrote:

You like Triumphs then ?

Yes and No, had many other big Jap bikes in the past, just so happened that I traded my CBR1000 for the first Sprint and then stuck with the Triumphs Thumbs Up

The Triple engine with a suitably loud pipe is one of the best sounding engines in the world . I used to have a 955i Daytona , just sitting on it and listening to it breathing through the airbox made me smile . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #371302 2nd May 2019 5:42 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Deano64 wrote:
Steve D wrote:
Milothedog wrote:
I had a similar situation a few years ago when I was taken off my motorbike. I was stationary at a red light and a car ran in to the back of me. His insurance (Directline) phoned me the next day and accepted liability. They repaired the bike at my request, it was a borderline write off, and paid for a new crash helmet. It does happen Thumbs Up

I had the same thing too on my motorcycle when someone t boned me and I got taken to hospital just two days before going on holiday. His insurer phoned me up when I was on holiday, admitted liability and when I came home they offered me £2,000 for personal injury, £600 for loss of earnings, £500 for damage to helmet, jacket and phone screen (was in my back pocket and I landed on my arse) plus £1,250 to keep and repair the bike myself. The repairs cost me less than £100 as it was already scratched up from a previous time I was knocked off of it (and paid out). I bought the bike new in 2009 for £3,500, I still use it daily and to date I have collected £5,950 in accident payouts in its lifetime.

What bike ie it

If you were asking me, it was a Honda SH300. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #371304 2nd May 2019 5:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12