« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Range Rover - Good Neighbour Birmingham daylight robbery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Range Rover - Good Neighbour Birmingham daylight robbery

Gotta take my hat off to the RRS driver!

MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #369173 27th Mar 2019 11:09 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Good work and fair play to him Thumbs Up Those Censored just walked straight into the house I assume. If that is the case then basic security of locking the door is missing which is a real playground error.

In any case, those creatures have certainly got some nerve. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #369179 28th Mar 2019 1:14 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Last year in Western Australia someone did a runner from a shop without paying. We saw the staff running after him across the road while driving. We very quickly drove around a very large block to hopefully block him off. Then making quite a few manoeuvres over a grassed area, avoiding cars & trees & low hanging branches & keeping a very keen eye out for children, cornering him. Running back & forth to escape. I like the 177kW engine, even more so with 500kg payload! All ended well as he ran back into the police & bundled in no uncertain terms into the back of a police car.

In the above Range Rover situation, they would have picked on the wrong person if it was me. They would have been smashed up against the house pinned in the car! I can buy another car in the meantime!

These people are wasting oxygen & should be turned off!

It was a team effort, we even got a few good enough photos if he got away. He saw the camera & we could see it written on his face that he was stuffed, to put it politely!

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #369181 28th Mar 2019 4:26 am
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Lightwater wrote:
In the above Range Rover situation, they would have picked on the wrong person if it was me. They would have been smashed up against the house pinned in the car! I can buy another car in the meantime!

Whilst I couldn't agree more with what you would do, unfortunately over here we are locked into the European Court of Criminals Rights.

You would have been locked up, and they would have been given state funding to sue you for "hurt feelings".

Another of B'Liars legacies that we are stuck with (for now).

When I lived in South Africa in the 90's, we had a very different approach towards scumbags, not dissimilar to your train of thought, albeit ably assisted by Mr. Glock 17 Laughing

Moral of the story - dead men don't tell lies! Switch off all the oxygen thieves and the world would be a far better place! (You may include Politicians in that catchment as well)

To the OP - this didn't happen in Birmingham, it was in Coventry at the start of this year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8430158/brav...fter-them/

Post #369183 28th Mar 2019 7:18 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

In my opinion the RRS driver was incredibly stupid for numerous reasons.

He obviously acted on impulse without thinking of the possible consequences of his actions.

Iain

Post #369195 28th Mar 2019 10:46 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

A brave man putting his own safety at risk as you never know what those oxygen wasters might do. Maybe it would have been better to follow them at a safe distance while on a 999 call (hands free) to the police giving details of their location.

J

Post #369197 28th Mar 2019 10:58 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

SouthamFL2 wrote:
Lightwater wrote:

Whilst I couldn't agree more with what you would do, unfortunately over here we are locked into the European Court of Criminals Rights.

You would have been locked up, and they would have been given state funding to sue you for "hurt feelings".

Another of B'Liars legacies that we are stuck with (for now).

When I lived in South Africa in the 90's, we had a very different approach towards scumbags, not dissimilar to your train of thought, albeit ably assisted by Mr. Glock 17 Laughing

Moral of the story - dead men don't tell lies! Switch off all the oxygen thieves and the world would be a far better place! (You may include Politicians in that catchment as well)

To the OP - this didn't happen in Birmingham, it was in Coventry at the start of this year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8430158/brav...fter-them/

With regards to Human Rights and it being Blair’s legacy, it is frustrating when you read stories in the paper about creatures such as Abu Hamza who was able to argue for quite some time that deporting him would breach his human rights.

However, the newspapers know such stories get people’s backs up and make better material than a story about a nice hard working family using human rights laws to their benefit.

The reality is that all the Blairs did was to bring human rights into our legal system using the Human Rights Act 1998. The rights themselves have been available since the 50’s when we signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights after the war in a bid to ensure such atrocities were never seen again.

Osman v UK is a classic case that came along before the Human Rights Act. The means of enforcing rights then was to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. That court is still the final court of appeal on human rights matters but it’s decisions only need to be taken into consideration by our courts in future cases as opposed to being binding. R v Horncastle 2009 in the Supreme Court is a classic case.

If you want a case where the good guys use human rights laws, check out Purdy v DPP 2009.

Apologies for digressing but I find Human Rights interesting having studied it as part of my law degree and it is an often misunderstood subject thanks in part to the press. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #369198 28th Mar 2019 11:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1