Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Where are you going this year then....?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Dartman the one wrote:
With careful packing and limiting the clothing you can still collect 240L of wine in a Freelander without exceeding either the cars GVM or the vans MTPLM, remember you have an extra 100Kgs in the car when towing as you won't exceed the the 100kph when towing Whistle Whistle

Oh the van will be well filled as well as the back of the car, think we brought back equivalent to 300 bottles of wine on previous trips. Have considered selling the children before returning and using their seats for additional capacity! Rolling with laughter Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #367541 28th Feb 2019 4:40 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Ah children, we never took that form of baggage or the dog, he's 30kgs and that is about 30l in boxes wine, one must prioritise just think of the litres if you leave the kids at home, you obviously spoil them: Laughing my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #367544 28th Feb 2019 5:22 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Rented a static Jules not a motorhome, unless one could afford to carry a small convertible, not two I wouldn't consider a motorhome. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #367545 28th Feb 2019 5:27 pm
booktrunk

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Parents out of law have a static home on the cost in Northumberland. Near amble, love it up there. 2010 Freelander2 TD4_e GS
--
"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

Post #368984 25th Mar 2019 7:59 pm
Smallmankey

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Mauritius Blue

Well back from the 3rd trip this year - a weekend around Stratford Upon Avon at a site called Riverside.
http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/touring/about-touring

Nice site definitely will go there again if only because we love the area anyway and the site is a lovely location near the river and a relatively short walk from town.

Up on Friday after picking our lad from nursery at 1pm , there by 4pm so decent run up including hitching time etc.

Saturday we waled into Stratford itself, not to far though far enough as my wife is currently some 6+ months pregnant (and yes I did suggest we drove/taxi etc but she wanted to walk) - we love Stratford, just a shame our favorite hotel has gone silly price wise.

Sunday was spent at the Gaydon Land Rover show having booked the Freelander in as an entry (can't go wrong at the price) - always an enjoyable day there though I did spend more than is sensible in the shop (over £200 mainly on books and a few little things for our boy)

Monday an early start home to be back by 12pm - another good run.

All in all a very pleasant weekend - looking forward to our next weekend away currently booked for mid June.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Andrew

Post #372047 14th May 2019 9:46 am
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

The "last of the line" Freelander 2, an Aintree Green Metropolis with Ivory Windsor interior, was missing from the mezzanine in the Jaguar Heritage Centre (where you took the bulk of your photographs of the others). I did enquire as to its whereabouts, as it was there in February, but the staff didn't know exactly, and seemed to think it was out on loan for the summer elsewhere in the country. Shame really, as its the perfect spec and colour combination for mine when I come to replace it (means: if and when I ever come to replace it) Rolling with laughter MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #372049 14th May 2019 12:29 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

JulesK wrote:

No need to go anywhere else as everything is on my doorstep in wonderful Wales Very Happy

Sheep

Same here really, we just have days out when the (literally) coast is clear, but usually just sitting in the garden listening to the waves break on the beach, like right now....... Thumbs Up

Proper job..... Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372057 14th May 2019 2:00 pm
Boxbrownie

SouthamFL2 wrote:
The "last of the line" Freelander 2, an Aintree Green Metropolis with Ivory Windsor interior, was missing from the mezzanine in the Jaguar Heritage Centre (where you took the bulk of your photographs of the others). I did enquire as to its whereabouts, as it was there in February, but the staff didn't know exactly, and seemed to think it was out on loan for the summer elsewhere in the country. Shame really, as its the perfect spec and colour combination for mine when I come to replace it (means: if and when I ever come to replace it) Rolling with laughter

It’ll be back soon as Phil has been banned from driving off the Estate Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #372059 14th May 2019 2:02 pm
Mowog

SouthamFL2 wrote:
The "last of the line" Freelander 2, an Aintree Green Metropolis with Ivory Windsor interior, was missing from the mezzanine in the Jaguar Heritage Centre (where you took the bulk of your photographs of the others). I did enquire as to its whereabouts, as it was there in February, but the staff didn't know exactly, and seemed to think it was out on loan for the summer elsewhere in the country. Shame really, as its the perfect spec and colour combination for mine when I come to replace it (means: if and when I ever come to replace it) Rolling with laughter

Prince Philip defo

Where off to Applecross next week

Post #372086 15th May 2019 8:07 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Bobupndown wrote:
3 weeks in France with the caravan, cant wait. Cant actually remember where
abouts we're going this year, my wife deals with such matters, I drive. First time with the freelander, always had the disco for the last 4 times we went, the boot capacity for vast quantities of wine will be missed.

So we're away on Sunday Thumbs Up
Kind of scary temperatures in France at the minute, 45 degrees C on Friday Shocked
Hope the Freelander was well tested in hot climate towing conditions!
Got the van out of storage last weekend to discover the Censored motor movers werent working. Ran through all the obvious checks with connections, fuses, handset batteries, checked voltage in leisure battery all to no avail. Rang Truma on Monday and they said they need the control unit and handset back to them where they will repair it free of charge, not bad since its 7 years old and only has a 5 year warranty. Only issue is they wont prioritise it to have it back to me in time before we go away, despite my pleas. So looks like we'll be doing a bit of pulling and hauling if the pitches arent big enoug to get the van reversed onto easily, and the big twin axle is a pain to shift about manually Rolling Eyes

Update,
Control unit defective and cant be repaired so had to bite the bullet and buy a new one which worked out almost half the price of the complete system. But it arrived this morning, fitted and working 👍 Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Last edited by Bobupndown on 28th Jun 2019 12:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #374132 26th Jun 2019 7:55 pm
Carel Kriek

South Africa 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Bob, our Freelanders have been well tested in elevated temperatures during summer whilst towing the off-road caravan in deep sand here in SA! Passing with flying colours! Enjoy your trip! Thumbs Up 2013 SD4 SE (hers)
2013 SD4 HSE (mine)
Ex: 2008 D3 V8 HSE
EX: 2000 D2 TD5

Post #374143 27th Jun 2019 6:37 am
Paul4751

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Already here on the sunny Costa Brava where the aluminium villa hasn't moved a wheel for 36 years. 32c at breakfast time with forecasts of 37c over the next 'few' days.

Post #374149 27th Jun 2019 9:44 am
Boxbrownie

Well only 25c here today so sitting in the shade in a cool breeze with clear blue sky.......that’s hot enough, next few days the AC might have to go on........when we moved here people back home said “you know it’ll be cooler in the Summer” all I can say thank heaven Laughing it’s cooler in the Summer and warmer in the Winter....perfect.....God I hate the heat Laughing Regards

David

Post #374150 27th Jun 2019 10:02 am
Smallmankey

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Mauritius Blue

Back from a brief weekend away down West, not far from Tenby at a site near West Williamston.
Not many pictures this time but it was a lovely quiet and laid back site called Tything Barn and worth a visit if it is somewhere you are interested in trying.

Andrew

Post #374377 1st Jul 2019 8:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12