Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Prince Philip Prangs His Freelander!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

He pulled into traffic from a side road ?

Post #364419 22nd Jan 2019 5:32 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Allegedly.

I don't recall the Palace, Police, Accident Assesors or anybody QUALIFIED say that....only the compo-chasing passenger and media speculation. Until FACTS are known, any old poppycock that the media and their confected 'witnesses' have said is frankly irrelevant.

It's a great shame that the passenger didn't have the same dignity as the Kia driver. All she has done is portray herself as a money-grubber...which I fear will blow up in her face quite spectacularly in the days to come.

Post #364420 22nd Jan 2019 5:40 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Southam a very poor attempt and take the Censored out of Yorkshire and Yorkshire Folk, I have a masters degree in the art of extracting the urine and I would say you need a few more brain cells to accomplish it in style.

Accept history for what it is as that was what was stated by me, not me telling you to vote anything and no doubt you will be telling us all next that Churchill never killed unarmed civilians in Glasgow next and it was all fake news.

As for being told how to vote, others in that den of thieves known more commonly as The Houses of Parliament are far more adapt at telling the great unwashed about the evils of not using your vote wisely to make them even richer than they already are compared to the rest of us. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #364421 22nd Jan 2019 5:46 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Irony is completely wasted on you, it would seem....

As a Hellaby lad born and bred, I guess I come from the wrong "part" of Yorkshire to understand the point that you are trying to make.....

Post #364422 22nd Jan 2019 5:52 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Really ? I get it.

Post #364423 22nd Jan 2019 5:59 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

shes trying to milk it, two cars had a coming together, it happens everyday move on At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #364424 22nd Jan 2019 6:05 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

[quote="Yorky Bob"]

SouthamFL2 wrote:
dondiddy wrote:

I wonder how some of you might have reacted on this thread had it been your own father or grandfather driving the Freelander....... Whistle

As they are 6ft under no chance of that but both would have struggled to buy one as they paid far too much tax keeping the Royal Family as well as going to war for them. Rolling Eyes My father at 6 to 7 years of age was a lookout while men tried to find any small bits of missed coal on tips while the Royals cruised around in style with full bellies. Freeloading bastards.

I think you mean” Freelanding Bastard” don’t you Bob !

I’m starting to put two and two together . You have the knowledge on suspension and brakes . You have the hands on skills and the tools .... and all this time I thought it was Al Fayed’s revenge for the strobe job in the Parisian tunnel . But no , now my new theory comes together Laughing 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #364428 22nd Jan 2019 6:50 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

dondiddy wrote:
My wife was involved in a similar type of accident years ago . . . she just exchanged insurance details and that was the last she heard about it IIRC. A moments inattention and anything can happen

No mention of your wife buying the other party flowers, prior to said other party appearing on telly to say how upset she was about not receiving flowers Wink

Post #364430 22nd Jan 2019 7:09 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

As I remember it was a sales rep (Male) in a company car and he was more concerned for my wife that he was for his car. The other car was gone by the time I arrived to move our car and I was able to drive it backwards to our house. The strut/inner wing was pushed in and the O/S wheel was lying at a strange angle. She was driving on my insurance but the insurance didn`t go up much when I renewed it as I remember. She was able to walk away from the crash unhurt but was very shaken and upset and had a 2nd little embarrassing "accident" as a result! She didn`t get any flowers but I did have to buy her another car!

Post #364431 22nd Jan 2019 7:48 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

When it comes down to it a car is only a lump of metal which can be replaced. If you can walk away from a collision then it’s a good one, no matter who you are. I prefer to wait for the Police to investigate and give their decision on how the accident occurred and who if anyone will be prosecuted. I don’t believe a 97 YO would be prosecuted in any case as it’s not in the public interest.

Post #364433 22nd Jan 2019 8:07 pm
Navigator

Scotland 

By the time the constabulary come to a decision to pass the file to the prosecuter and it all comes to court he would probably be a 99 year old - and ask for it to be taken into account the number of decades that he had alread spent "detained at Her Majesty's pleasure". Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #364434 22nd Jan 2019 8:36 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

[quote="MartynB"]

Yorky Bob wrote:
SouthamFL2 wrote:
dondiddy wrote:

I wonder how some of you might have reacted on this thread had it been your own father or grandfather driving the Freelander....... Whistle

As they are 6ft under no chance of that but both would have struggled to buy one as they paid far too much tax keeping the Royal Family as well as going to war for them. Rolling Eyes My father at 6 to 7 years of age was a lookout while men tried to find any small bits of missed coal on tips while the Royals cruised around in style with full bellies. Freeloading bastards.

I think you mean” Freelanding Bastard” don’t you Bob !

I’m starting to put two and two together . You have the knowledge on suspension and brakes . You have the hands on skills and the tools .... and all this time I thought it was Al Fayed’s revenge for the strobe job in the Parisian tunnel . But no , now my new theory comes together Laughing

With the explosive licence I once held and an association with Hereford at one time maybe you are onto something Martin but after 3 years in the Middle East it taught me that Arabs would renage on my invoice for that particular job FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #364439 22nd Jan 2019 10:48 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

On a lighter note, Private Eye is today previewing the new film 'Driving Miss Lizzy' given to be a charming period drama in which an elderly chauffeur drives his employer around the Deep South of Norfolk. Don't miss the climatic scene when Lizzy shouts help and tries to get out Smile

Post #364461 23rd Jan 2019 11:51 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Mowog wrote:
I wonder why he wasn't accompanied by a copper?

If he got kidnapped by terrorists, who would pay the ransom?

Surely it's cheaper to have plod following him around ( if they could keep up with him)

Pay the ransom? We should pay them to take him away.

J

Post #364466 23rd Jan 2019 12:26 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

In the days of long playing records and the Philips record label, wasn't there an old joke about "God Save the Queen" on Philips 12" ? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #364473 23rd Jan 2019 3:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>