« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Vibration on my FL2 TD4 AUTO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kong12964

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Vibration on my FL2 TD4 AUTO

Hi everyone and Happy New year. Has anyone ever had a shuddering or vibration about 1800 to 2000 revs which dissappears soon after or you can power straight through it. I`ve had wheels balanced firstly so its not wheel related

Post #363136 5th Jan 2019 5:31 pm
alex_pescaru

Many...
If you'll enter the word "vibration" in the forum's search engine, you'll get many hits.

Examples:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic31479.html
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic27837.html

Post #363137 5th Jan 2019 5:34 pm
Tigertim

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi and welcome to the vibrators owners club ... there are quite a few of us suffering from this horrible problem and many of us have tried many many things to find the cause with no significant result . I recently bought a set of electronic listening equipment to clip onto various components with the hope of picking up the vibration and after hours messing with it no result.. I swapped the nearside front driveshaft last week as had a lot of up and down movement ... no differece so tomorrow I’m fitting a new crank sensor and also a new serpentine belt tensioner just to eliminate them really oh and also looking at the condition of the drivers side hydraulic engine mount . Had my mot last week and even with all his years experience found no play anywhere in drivetrain etc . Please share anything you find .tim

Post #363152 5th Jan 2019 9:37 pm
Tigertim

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Ok update today I changed serpentine belt tensioner and crank sensor also removed right side engine mount no signs of wear or deterioration and this once again has made no difference to the vibes . Seems to affect early autos more than others maybe a bad batch of something eh. Really like my FL but this really does spoil a great car .

Post #363202 6th Jan 2019 2:22 pm
OLOSTEVE

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

Tigertim wrote:
Hi and welcome to the vibrators owners club ... there are quite a few of us suffering from this horrible problem and many of us have tried many many things to find the cause with no significant result . I recently bought a set of electronic listening equipment to clip onto various components with the hope of picking up the vibration and after hours messing with it no result.. I swapped the nearside front driveshaft last week as had a lot of up and down movement ... no differece so tomorrow I’m fitting a new crank sensor and also a new serpentine belt tensioner just to eliminate them really oh and also looking at the condition of the drivers side hydraulic engine mount . Had my mot last week and even with all his years experience found no play anywhere in drivetrain etc . Please share anything you find .tim

Have you tried a software update for gearbox?

Post #364438 22nd Jan 2019 9:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1