Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Prince Philip Prangs His Freelander!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Past master

United Kingdom 

[quote="Vanny"]

LR NUT wrote:
without anyone bating an eye lid.

MASTERful! Wink Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #364216 20th Jan 2019 3:06 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

westville wrote:
Quote:
In any event, he can't get "done" for it, as it was not witnessed by an Officer on duty.

Don't know where you got that idea from Shocked but it is completely wrong eg evidence from witnesses and cameras come to mind

Photographs, like witness "statements" can be manipulated and fabricated. He needs to be caught in the act, (by an on-duty Police officer) as they wouldn't prosecute on the strength of a gutter press photograph (possibly photoshop'pd)

Post #364248 20th Jan 2019 8:14 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

SouthamFL2 wrote:
Jack frost wrote:
Jimboland wrote:
I bet he won't get done for not wearing a seatbelt. Perhaps he was going out to buy a hearing aid because he couldn't hear the seat belt warning pinger.

J

The police have released a statement that the prince has been spoken to & given advice for not wearing a seat belt.

A sensible approach.

In any event, he can't get "done" for it, as it was not witnessed by an Officer on duty. This trial by media makes me sick....if they carry on in this way, I suspect that injunctions will be taken out against the media-circus around the area in question.

You use the emotive phrase "trial by media", and I fully agree with you that TBM is repulsive and a mockery of the rule of law. But what I suspect you mean, and I may well be wrong, is that by publishing the the photograph he is deemed to be guilty. While the photograph alone without verification is not enough to convict him, photographic evidence from a variety of sources, CCTV, media photographers and mobile phones has often been used to bring errants to justice and as such can only be a good thing.

J

Post #364286 21st Jan 2019 10:20 am
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Someone has done their civic duty and shoveled up the broken bits and stuck them on Ebay for charity. Would be nice to think that the charity will get the winning bid amount but I doubt it! Big Cry See Ebay item no eBay Item No. 233101271544. UPdate: The listing is no longer showing up so has probably been pulled by Ebay. It was sitting at £65,900 last time I looked!

Last edited by dondiddy on 21st Jan 2019 12:59 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #364295 21st Jan 2019 11:14 am
JezCunningham

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Feeling that a new bumper sticker "As driven by Prince Philip" is needed... that should keep Kias out of the way Freelander2, GS SD4 auto, MY2013

Post #364297 21st Jan 2019 11:28 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

The other party is now bleating on about having had no contact with HRH, how she was expecting some flowers and that she's 'lucky to be alive'. She's got a broken wrist ffs Big Cry Ambulance chasers have got to her as 'she's' now considering a personal injury claim as she doesn't think she'll be able to work for several months. Broken wrist, not able to work?? She's supposedly a support worker, not giving much of that is she? Still if a clipboard guy can get her a few bob, why bother making the effort of trying to get to work.
With hindsight I wish I'd pressed the local bus company for flowers when their driver took the wing mirror off my Impreza

Last edited by Sidthecat on 21st Jan 2019 3:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #364302 21st Jan 2019 2:11 pm
Navigator

Scotland 

Accorrding to part of the media, they got a message that "The Queen and The Duke wish to be remembered to you". Maybe that's not in the area of the language skills of the plebs, but it's close to a OBE ! Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #364303 21st Jan 2019 2:17 pm
Largered

dondiddy wrote:
Someone has done their civic duty and shoveled up the broken bits and stuck them on Ebay for charity. Would be nice to think that the charity will get the winning bid amount but I doubt it! Big Cry See Ebay item no eBay Item No. 233101271544. UPdate: The listing is no longer showing up so has probably been pulled by Ebay. It was sitting at £65,900 last time I looked!

Latest, latest, read all about it ........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ebay...spartanntp

Post #364306 21st Jan 2019 2:44 pm
OLOSTEVE

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

dondiddy wrote:

That's, "Larceny by finding".

Post #364320 21st Jan 2019 4:56 pm
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

Sidthecat wrote:
The other party is now bleating on about having had no contact with HRH, how she was expecting some flowers and that she's 'lucky to be alive'. She's got a broken wrist ffs Big Cry Ambulance chasers have got to her as 'she's' now considering a personal injury claim as she doesn't think she'll be able to work for several months. Broken wrist, not able to work?? She's supposedly a support worker, not giving much of that is she? Still if a clipboard guy can get her a few bob, why bother making the effort of trying to get to work.
With hindsight I wish I'd pressed the local bus company for flowers when their driver took the wing mirror off my Impreza

If she is waiting for an apology from Phil the Greek, she better be a patient person as the guy Class 1 Censored .

Post #364330 21st Jan 2019 8:14 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Sidthecat wrote:

She was on Good Morning saying that although she'd been to A&E she had other injuries apart from the wrist. First mention of these. Ambulance chasers have got to her, good publicity all around. Still expressing her surprise that Phil didn't come across to check on her. Where does this woman come from? Certainly not the real world

Post #364345 21st Jan 2019 10:21 pm
Mowog

AntC wrote:
My theory, FWIW, is that he did what many confused elderly drivers do when they are behind the wheel of an automatic and that is press the accelerator instead of the brake and when they find they're not slowing down, press it even harder. It's a mistake often made in car parks and high streets.

An eye witness said that the FL "careered across the road". If he was turning the steering wheel at the same time, this could have unbalanced the car enough to turn over when hit by the Kia.

He did say that he was blinded by the sun which was in his face in the direction he was going, but that shouldn't have affected his ability to see the oncoming car, if in fact he even looked.

Just a theory - I wasn't there.

Yep
I do that every day............................

Post #364347 21st Jan 2019 10:35 pm
Mowog

OLOSTEVE wrote:
dondiddy wrote:

That's, "Larceny by finding".

Quite right
With all the ner do wells around that area, theft by finding would be muttered in the local boozer and the local hunt would set the hounds on the seller.

Best take the bag of stuff back to Sandringham. Rolling with laughter

Post #364348 21st Jan 2019 10:39 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Sidthecat wrote:
Where does this woman come from? Certainly not the real world

I understand that she was the passenger, perhaps the insurers have told the driver not to say anything as it might prejudice a case. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #364372 22nd Jan 2019 9:51 am
Mowog

Definitely the real world!

The real world of scamming insurance companies......

Post #364375 22nd Jan 2019 9:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>