Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] M Y13 GS now available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobbyg

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver

Hi Yorkybob bob where abouts in gods country are you,how's the sale going.
Bob

Post #363129 5th Jan 2019 4:13 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I get around depending on the day of the week but greater Leeds or even out Driffield way.

Car is wanted by 2 independent dealers who have bid very close to top book (trade in) and will obviously go back on sale for more money. They each have bid a thousand more than the stealers. I am still torn re getting rid. The Disco Sport load space is not flat and I could go for a Scooby but getting one discounted is maybe my next quest as I just road tested one but in Leeds not enough coming off one. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #363130 5th Jan 2019 4:58 pm
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

YB if you are still debating I would say you want to keep really Thumbs Up If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #363160 5th Jan 2019 11:19 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Bob, I am sure that your FL2 is a good example and well looked after. (plus the devil you know and all that)

If in doubt.....
Just keep it, and put your money that you would have used (and lost) in the vehicle change in your piggy bank.
This should give you the means to have it repaired and serviced in the future. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #363173 6th Jan 2019 12:07 am
Yorky Bob

It’s probably were I am heading as the Disco Sport ticks many boxes but missing is the flat load space we use for the allotments. A Scooby has that load space but I sense my wife is not wanting to go Japanese and the dealers are miles away from us if we get issues.

By tomorrow night a decision will have to be made I think and besides I had to invest in a headlight bulb today. Shocked FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #363175 6th Jan 2019 12:49 am
Yorky Bob

Decision made and I am pulling the sale.

I will get the Cam belt done in the next few weeks (was already in my spares box). Only other job is a screen chip fill at Halfords for £25 (would have been done if sold on here) and Rover should fly though the next MOT and be good for plenty of miles (not sure I am).

Car is MOT fit but I will fit some front struts at some point this year as well (rears done). May even go back to Bell for another Haldex service as I won't be blowing £30K plus on a new car. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #363186 6th Jan 2019 11:34 am
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

always a difficult decision.
I think even for me Im beginning to wonder whether I keep mine, its been 100% reliable, hasn't even had a bulb.

Just spent 2 weeks in iceland and had a Kia Sportage and I have to admit well loaded with toys and drove very very well indeed and coped with deep snow & lots of ice, albeit had snow tyres with studs. We did a few thousand kilometres and have to say very grunty and sure footed. It was only the badge that slightly disappoints.

The MPG over the two weeks averaged 41.2mpg not bad for an auto. Autobox faultless and kick down very quick to respond.
My daughters loved the heated rear seats and when they drove the heated steering wheel.

With mine having only done 16k from new im wondering whether just to keep and take it on the chin if something big were to fail which given the mileage and the way I have looked after it im not expecting. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #363190 6th Jan 2019 11:41 am
bxzx16v

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

A good choice Bob to keep hold of the Fl2 .

Mark 2009 FL2 TD4 SE (Sadly gone)
2007 FL2 TD4 GS (The wifes , gone after 8 great years)
2012 FL2 SD4 SPORT LE(Gone and missing it)
2015 DISCOVERY SPORT 2.2SD4 HSE (For now ?)
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 ecoboost ( Gone but what next )
2014 Ford Focus 2.0tdci Zetec S

Post #363192 6th Jan 2019 12:27 pm
paxman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

YB it's good choice staying. Knowing the FL2 as I am now, I would have wanted yours as you did sort out most potential problems.
I think non auto and GS may have put some people off but buying another I think we need to look at hybrid or battery rather than internal combustion. And these new breed4x4 with decent distance won't be available until 2020 I think.

Post #363206 6th Jan 2019 4:59 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

people even considering hybrid need to think again !
behind the scenes its chaos

You need to google " diesel generator farms" click on images
You will see pictures of diesel generators in fields attached to the national grid !
We currently have 5, one burns 538,000 litres of diesel , these come on at peak times to support demand. As demand increases there will be more diesel generator farms.
Its called Britain's dirty secret.
These farms have up to 250 V8 diesel generators running !plant generators only need to be Euro 4 compliant !
i even have a photo on my phone at a motorway services in the uk charging a hybrid vehicle with a diesel generator behind the fence to support it.

Production of many hybrid cars has been ceased currently due to Hybrid cars not meeting WLTP emissions limits
Including Outlander, passat Golf Porsche cayenne and many more.

The current hybrid cars are exempt from Emission testing due to the fact that most Hybrid cars won't pass an emission test as the engines are so modified with massive valve overlap and low compression. WLTP limits have now come back to bite.

Returning to the issue of a GS spec, the late ones were high spec so no reason why it should be shunned. manual or auto is always personal preference, manual is great for economy & road tax. My previous auto slurped fuel something dreadful !
I didn't want an HSE with built in sat nav as they are a pain when they go wrong or need updating. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #363209 6th Jan 2019 5:30 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Old Geezer - i even have a photo on my phone at a motorway services in the uk charging a hybrid vehicle with a diesel generator behind the fence to support it.

When you hear something like this it makes you think about electric/hybrid vehicles. Don’t think the technology is quite there yet. Maybe in few years when batteries last longer and are not so expensive to replace.

Post #363213 6th Jan 2019 6:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12