Home > General > TD4 loss performance when turning on air cond
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
zulslider

Malaysia 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
TD4 loss performance when turning on air cond

hi guys,

Looking for some advise. I have a freelander 2 td4 and lately i'm feeling that the car seems to be losing power - dragging acceleration, high dragging rev before shifting on 2nd and 3rd gear as in not smooth. And weird thing is that the problem only happens when I turned on my air cond. Worth to mention that i've replaced the air cond compressor to supposedly a new one. And also have a repair to replace the on the intercooler turbo pipe split. I've also realized that there are bearing purring sound that follows the car rev when i turned on the air cond and its apparent when going donwhill. It's more apparent when you press the gas and then quickly release it to get the car to cruise - then you can really hear the grounding sound. Sound is not there at all when i turn off the a/c and the power seems to be ok when the a/c is off.

So my question is,
1) what possibly gone wrong?
2) Is it possible the air cond is causing the performance degradation?
3) Felt like i have been conned by my mechanic - should i be hearing those noise after changing a new a/c compressor? The guy who change it say its a normal thing, but i cant do anything accept to believe him.

Appreciate you guys help. There are not a lot of freelander 2 user around here in Asia.

Post #363038 4th Jan 2019 10:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1