Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > OEM Battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

"is there any logic to make you think if you pick a new battery with the longest guarantee on it, it may last longer than a battery with a lesser guarantee ?"

None at all. Quite often a manufacturer that offers 2,3,4 or 5 years guarantee gives you the same battery. You are just paying extra for the insurance in case it packs up before then. Same as anything else I suppose. I have a 10 year guarantee on my washing machine. Mind you, it cost £1,200 so I could have bought three 'lesser' ones every three years for that money and still had change. A £300 machine might have even lasted 10 years anyway - the one at work that we use for washing overalls only cost £200 and it has lived outside in all weathers with a tarp over it for the last 6 years! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #362725 30th Dec 2018 4:59 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

A lot of automotive parts are made to a price instead of a quality /standard and batteries are probably the same when it comes to guarantees Question

My company had a fleet of over 2000 vehicles so consumable parts supply was put out to tender to major manufacturers, Ring being one of them. As a major buyer we were offered various levels of quality for things like bulbs and fuses which was reflected in the price we paid. Back to batteries, we changed to Yuasa as a preferred supplier based on cost as well as quality. hence my choice for any replacements. Back in 2012 I recall we were spending nearly £300k annually on them. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #362732 30th Dec 2018 6:00 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Thanks to all the chaps advising that my car will have a lead acid battery... it brings me great relief - the best part of 250 quids worth of relief in fact... I will get one ordered very soon but we'll use the little city car now we are home so no panic on it yet.

Now if anybody can recommend anything stronger than the Samaritans for my Man Flu / Radiation sickness I'd be very grateful. Just had a week over Christmas in the caravan a short way south of Sellafield and very near to the Drigg Low Level Waste Repository so I blame them entirely. Drigg beach was absolutely delightful dog walking territory too.

Seems there is a bit of it about and it really is taking the legs from under people so I hope none of you guys get it.

May I wish you each a very fulfilling new year.

Post #362744 30th Dec 2018 11:52 pm
Dakers

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Has anyone got any quick links for good deals they've spotted? 2014 Auto so non stop/start, but only seen 80ah batteries, not 85ah that some had mentioned. I've a trip to Derbyshire this weekend so don't want to Censored the car up beforehand, but also it'd be nice not to have the 3 minutes till shutdown messages.
Is there any issues swapping them out, or a recommended process? I.e. Switch off and then disconnect old battery for x minutes, fit new one and any steps?

Post #362780 31st Dec 2018 4:38 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

The deal I found was using my Halfords trade card so not much help I'm afraid unless you have or know someone with one?

Removal and fitting is straight forward, just make sure everything is off and the only thing you need to do afterwards is reset the windows, your hand book tells you how Thumbs Up 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #362783 31st Dec 2018 4:58 pm
Dakers

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

No Halfords card unfortunately.

Found this on Euro Car Parts, https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Land+Ro...amp;000020Bosch S4 Battery (S4 Battery 110 (80Ah) 4 Year Guarantee), for £102.84 with their codes. But not found anything seeming half decent at the lower prices I've seen mentioned.

Post #362827 1st Jan 2019 2:43 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Not a recommendation but for comparison, have a look at the Varta E44 Silver...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/e44/

77Ah : 780 A CCA and 5 year guarantee £88 delivered for the Varta from Tayna
80Ah : 720 A CCA and 4 year guarantee £ 103 delivered for the Bosch from ECP

I too need a new battery so currently looking and comparing. Happily the car is fairly idle for the time being so I have no pressure to buy quickly.

Why does ECP insist on their silly pricing but enter a code and get 90% off or whatever it is in on the day... The battery you have linked to is shown as being £221.17 reduced to £186.99 but enter the code SALE90 and get it for the about the going price everywhere else like. I doubt they have sold a single one at £221.17 ever Question

here https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/product/bosch-110/

and here https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/bosch/s4010/[/url]

Post #362870 1st Jan 2019 11:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123