Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > MY13 onwards halogen and xenon headlamp comparisons
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
MY13 onwards halogen and xenon headlamp comparisons

Well since no one on here Rolling Eyes has ever posted a comparison of the halogen HB3 bulb which are fitted with night breaker unlimited vs the Xenon D3S bulbs 6000k here's a comparison. Both shots taken at same angle both at the same time of night on FULL BEAM. Take note the halogens are running HB3 night breaker unlimited bulbs so they are brighter than the stock HB3. The xenons headlamps beam is far superior and if it was flat ground with no boundaries the beam would have a wider beam spread. The pictures don't do it 100% justice tbh.

Nut pioneering the way forward Thumbs Up whilst the sheep follow their shepherd Whistle

[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #330195 31st Aug 2017 9:49 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

While we with a lowly GS just go for a pint or two on the money we saved. Rolling with laughter

Mind you getting home is a bit of a Bustard. Laughing FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330198 31st Aug 2017 10:21 pm

Sweden 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

Based on level of light on car roof and the sky, it seems camera exposure setting was not exactly the same?

Post #330356 3rd Sep 2017 9:35 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Same camera a small outside light went on it doesn’t illuminate much further than 1 metre. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #362444 23rd Dec 2018 10:56 am
Stubbenoldgit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt Silver

This is a bit off topic, apologies but I found the video linked below rather interesting.

Summary, it's from Headlight Revolution, an outfit based in Bemidji in Minnesota, no connection other than I've been impressed with their knowledge and helpful attitude. The video is a comparison of light outputs of HID vs LED upgrades and, as they're a US outfit, using lamp units from US vehicles, both reflector and projector types tested.

Whilst the absolute light measurements are not definitive and they take pains to make clear the numbers are only useful as comparisons within the test, I was rather surprised how poor the output from projector units was. Clearly it needs further investigation, e.g. light source location may not be helpful, but it really confirms much of what I've found that projectors are a bit of form over function.

PS yes don't lecture me on HID upgrades and their legality, I hate the Censored as much as the rest, personally run 4*H7 incandescent lamps. Currently trying Philips Racing Vision, suspect their shorter life will not be offset by any supposed improved output.

Post #362630 28th Dec 2018 8:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1