« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Front Left Speaker in Passenger Door Intermittent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Crowthorne24

South Africa 
Front Left Speaker in Passenger Door Intermittent

I have searched the forum, but was unable to find a similar problem. If I have missed it, I do apologise.

I have a 2011 Freelander 2 SE. The front left speaker in the passenger door works whenever the door is open, but as soon as the door is closed, it stops working. This happens regardless of whether the engine is running or not. I took it to an auto electrician who checked the wiring and connections to the speaker, in the door and from the door into the vehicle, but no loose connections or chafing of wiring was evident.

While driving, there seems to be an audio crackle from the speaker from time to time which suggests it can be a loose wire, but the technicians search seems to have addressed this possibilty, unless the problem lies somewhere beneath the dashboard or somewhere else in the car.

Is there anybody else who experienced the same problem or who may have a suggestion or solution to resolve this problem?

Post #361058 25th Nov 2018 11:07 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I would check the connection plugs yourself it sounds like something is getting trapped or pulled when the door is closed.

Post #361059 25th Nov 2018 11:26 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

As far as I can see in wiring diagrams, the Speaker is fed directly from Amplifier / Head Unit via a twin wire. No other power supplies, earth or any thing. Therefore must be damage to that cable or insulation.(where it flexes as door moves)

Look at page 53
https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...TS_LHD.pdf FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #361060 25th Nov 2018 12:19 pm
Crowthorne24

South Africa 

Thank you so much for your suggestions and prompt feedback, SYFL2 and IanMetro. It is much appreciated.

I will look at the matters raised by you. My electrical capabilities are limited, but I will do things slowly and carefully - I have found in the past it helped a lot when working on my motorcycle.

Post #361061 25th Nov 2018 12:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1