« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Questions about GVIF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Questions about GVIF

I've been looking at methods of fitting rear view camera for caravan and have some questions about using a gvif interface:

1. As well as allowing rear view camera on car, can one of the other inputs be used with a wireless transmitter set up to view camera on caravan?

2. Are all gvif's the same? There are many about for makes other than Landrover. Are these compatible apart from the connection leads for car. I believe i have to buy a lead specifically for FL but presumably the input leads are same.

TIA Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #359848 2nd Nov 2018 1:48 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

The gvif I have fitted to mine will accept up to 3 inputs from different sources which you toggle through using the supplied press switch. I am using 2 of the inputs with a standard view reverse camera on one and downward view on the towball with the other. I did not wire it up to come on automatically when in reverse but choose via the switch when and which view I want. I have mounted the switch on the front of the gear knob so it is very discreet. You should be able to set yours up to suit whatever you want although I think that if you connect it up to your reverse lights then that becomes the default view regardless of what you try to select with the press switch.Not sure if GVIf units are universal other than the vehicle specific leads. A lot of the actual leads that come as part of the GVIF loom are not needed to get the unit functioning as it should and can be taped up out of the way. Thumbs Up

Post #359854 2nd Nov 2018 3:00 pm
alanpbrown

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I have one fitted to mine it will take 3 inputs for cameras and one output to headrest screens. It also has input for reverse camera which is auto switching and has the added benefit of external nav input and touch throughput.Using an andoid sat nav means you can pretty much have what you want on the screen just as you would on a tablet Overall an excellent piece of kit even though quite difficult to set up worth the effort
Rgds

Post #361901 12th Dec 2018 7:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1