« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Jaguar Land Rover 90m loss
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jack frost

United Kingdom 
Jaguar Land Rover 90m loss

I see JLR have sales have dropped 13% & have reported a 90m loss in the last quarter, I can see Mr TATA going cap in hand for the British taxpayers to bail them out again Whistle Whistle Whistle

Post #359738 31st Oct 2018 3:44 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

maybe if they could actually produce cars with prices to better match peoples realistic budgets rather than forcing everyone down the PCP route they could stand a chance.
Bring the range starting price down to £20k-£25k rather than 30k and produce engines that don't dilute oil, are more economical and provide better customer support and service.

Post #359740 31st Oct 2018 3:50 pm
ronp

Scotland 

..... and produce some proper 4x4's instead of all these lookalike curvy things. FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #359743 31st Oct 2018 4:10 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

Post #359745 31st Oct 2018 4:17 pm
Largered

Re: Jaguar Land Rover 90m loss

Jack frost wrote:
I see JLR have sales have dropped 13% & have reported a 90m loss in the last quarter, I can see Mr TATA going cap in hand for the British taxpayers to bail them out again Whistle Whistle Whistle

The £90M loss was on revenues of £5.6bn.

Sales are down in China and slow is the USA.

Post #359749 31st Oct 2018 5:56 pm
Volrider

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Firenze Red

Ok there are more reasons than just high prices, lets be honest if they lowered the retail price two things will happen, the brand will become diluted and lose its prestige and more concerning for JLR owners is that the resale values of your cars will drop.
The Govt fell over backwards to appease the press and media by doing a U Turn on Diesel vehicles despite the latest ones being very efficient. They did this in a knee jerk reaction to VW and other brands associated with them and their cheating, which caused some serious problems for the health of some. Strangely folk still put money into this disgraceful brand and then we get the "gassing monkeys" story where they force monkeys to breath in the exhaust, great aren't they... Yet the brand carries on as blind lead the blind into putting money into this disgraceful vehicle maker...
End result we all suffer financially as the problem isn't dealt with just the secondary problem (every one owning a diesel vehicle)

So the real culprits continue in business whilst other manufactures suffer. I guess the VW sign carries so much prestige but sadly lacks a health warning... 2014 Freelander 2 XS TD4
Firenze Red

Post #359751 31st Oct 2018 6:08 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Re: Jaguar Land Rover 90m loss

Jack frost wrote:

Atleast Mr Tata payed it back and kept thousands of BRITISH people in jobs!

BMW couldn’t turn the brand around nor could Ford! Credit given to a developing country to turn Land Rover around. Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #359755 31st Oct 2018 6:33 pm
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I agree with LR NUT
credit where it,s due.
plus if they are a bad company turning out bad cars,why do we keep buying them Question
i dont think any of the other manufacturers are any better,most have rubbish dealers(anyone had experience of ford?i have on 2 occasions absolutely rubbish aftersales,and a lot of niggles on a 2 year old car,vauxhall not much better,i took my insignia st back for a slight problem and the idiot on the desk informed me it could be plugs or ht leads,SWMBO.was on him like a shot explainng it was a diesel Whistle Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #359758 31st Oct 2018 7:05 pm
j77

Scotland 

High prices have nothing to do with it, most LR products that are sold are all top of the range. A Land Rover has always cost more than the competition.

Neither is poor quality and customer services, again this has been LRs area of expertise for decades.

Uncertainty in China
US Market slowing down
Brexit
Anti diesel witch hunt

Are the main factors plus LR have invested millions in its factories here and overseas. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #359763 31st Oct 2018 8:23 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Financial Times report on JLR

Jaguar Land Rover has launched a £2.5bn turnround programme to shed costs and cut planned investment as falling sales in its major markets and concerns over the potential impact of Brexit hit the business.

The UK’s largest carmaker aims to reduce costs by £1bn over the next 18 months, in a move that is likely to lead to further job losses among its British workforce after cuts to staff numbers and working hours earlier in the year.

The company blamed an array of challenges, from falling diesel sales and a slowdown in Chinese demand to uncertainty posed by Brexit, after falling to a loss of £90m for the quarter ending in September.

It is the first time the company notched up six months of losses since being acquired by Tata Motors in 2008.

Its actions come as car manufacturers in Britain prepare for a potential scenario in which the UK leaves the EU without an agreement over future trading conditions.

JLR chief executive Ralf Speth had previously warned that a bad Brexit deal that leads to tariffs would risk “tens of thousands” of automotive jobs, and render carmaking in the UK untenable.

Earlier this year the company cut 1,000 jobs at its flagship Solihull plant because of the decline of diesel, and in September moved its Jaguar plant at Castle Bromwich to a three-day week because of poor sales.

It also imposed a two-week shutdown at Solihull, the home of its high-margin Range Rover products, because of poor sales in China.

The core of its problems in the last quarter came from China, where sales nearly halved as the market slowed and consumers delayed purchases, particularly of imported luxury vehicles, because of uncertainties stemming from the trade war with the US.

The US, its largest market, suffered a 4.6 per cent fall in sales, while in the UK the drop was 0.6 per cent. In the rest of Europe sales slumped 11.9 per cent, in part because of a new vehicle testing regime that has hit all carmakers.

Mr Speth said the turnround programme aimed to “lay the foundations for long-term sustainable, profitable growth”.

In addition to £1bn in cost savings, the company will reduce its investment budget by £1bn over 18 months, and strip out £500m from inventory and working capital.

The Unite union said it would be pressing JLR for more details on cost reduction “to ensure the carmaker remains a powerhouse of UK manufacturing and a source for decent well paid jobs”.

Unite national officer Des Quinn said: “These uncertain times for car workers have been compounded by the government’s confused approach to diesel and botched handling of Brexit.”

JLR also incurred costs in the last quarter from the final preparations for the opening of its plant in Slovakia, a new facility that gives the company its first large-scale production facility outside the UK. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #359777 1st Nov 2018 10:55 am
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

j77 wrote:
High prices have nothing to do with it, most LR products that are sold are all top of the range. A Land Rover has always cost more than the competition.

Neither is poor quality and customer services, again this has been LRs area of expertise for decades.

Uncertainty in China
US Market slowing down
Brexit
Anti diesel witch hunt

Are the main factors plus LR have invested millions in its factories here and overseas.

Poor quality & customer service nothing to do with it Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter how the hell does Land Rover come bottom of the pile year after year when it comes to reliability surveys?

Post #359781 1st Nov 2018 11:42 am
j77

Scotland 

Exactly and their sales were still at record highs. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #359783 1st Nov 2018 11:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1