Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 272 of 335 <123 ... 271272273 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

45mip19lot wrote:
Hi, I am one of the Silver surfer brigade.

I recently purchased a Freelander 2 (57 plate) that had snapped the Timing Belt, and am now regretting it.

I do not know what they are like to drive yet as I cannot get it to go and hence have joined this Forum in the hope that someone can help me get it going.

I am a Chauffeur driver by profession and drive a Mercedes Viano.

Once a belt snaps you are into serious money. I would suggest If you need help to sort it you need to sell it on to someone with those skills as it will need loads of dosh to sort. No one is going to sort your car with that history easily I am afraid. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #355752 28th Aug 2018 4:49 pm
JezzerTD4

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway Grey

Ummm.. LR say 10 years or 150,000 so it was overdue, but does depend on the type of use.
A lot of heavy town driving or towing will reduce it.

Not as expensive to change as some Land Rovers, Discovery 3's and RR's can be as much as £1500... as it is an engine out job...

Its a Ford/Peugeot Engine and used in a lot of vehicles, including Transits, Defenders, Ford Rangers, Peugeot Vans etc... so will be a lot more reasonable, but I think (and stand corrected) the 2.2 TD4 is an 'invasive engine' i.e. the valves use the space the pistons use as they go up and down, so there is a likelihood the pistons and valves could collided and hence be damaged.

For your sake, hopefully not.....

Post #355755 28th Aug 2018 5:03 pm
Bobbster

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Mauritius Blue

Hi, just joined the forum currently own a VT5 camper 4motion but in the market for an 2012-2014 SD4 Dynamic will post an update once I find one. Site looks very good compared to other LR forums I have looked at.

Post #355886 30th Aug 2018 9:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgncsk

Turkey 

hello to everybody. this is Dogan from Ankara TR, and i am here to find explanations to the symptoms i face on our vehicle. All the best.

Post #356167 4th Sep 2018 1:16 pm
Spamerio

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Zermatt Silver

Hey all

I'm new to this Freelander lark so I thought I'd pop in, introduce myself and share a little about me and my Landy as I suspect I'll be needing advice from you knowledgeable lot in future.

Bought myself a 2010 TD4e with 87k on the clock about a month ago. Motor is in great condition and I'm very impressed by how the thing drives (by comparison my old Mondeo feels like I'm steering a bus) but it has not been a painless introduction into Land Rover ownership. So far in the first 1,000 miles it's needed:

- Driver door lock assembly
- Rear wiper motor
- Wheel arch trims - okay, it didn't need these but the old ones were mince
- And now the throttle body sure sounds like it's goosed so new one ordered. Surprised to find LR made everything out of plastic Shocked .

These seem to be pretty common failures so hopefully that's the last of my bad luck for a spell.

Looking forward to learning more hints, tips and tricks on here.

Sarah

Post #356553 11th Sep 2018 12:25 am
thehelper

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Hi There

Recently purchased a 2008 HSE Auto with 112,000 miles. Got the Timing belt Etc replaced by the dealer prior to purchase.
Just done the oil and filters, and fitted a detachable tow bar. Very pleased so far, fantastic towing the caravan. Just wondering whether to to fit a Ron box.

Post #356646 11th Sep 2018 10:34 pm
khile

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Manual Havana
Hello

Hello all joined forum to help dad with his car as his having a few issues and this looked like a good site to join

hope to learn lots and hopefully contribute lots too

Post #356952 15th Sep 2018 11:38 am
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Hi. Just joined the forum today. Counting down the days until I pick up my FL2 - 2014 td4 SE. In Santorini black and with all the toys, 34k, FLRSH and two years LR warranty. The car that’s leaving me is a 2016 Jeep Renegade Limited, nice enough but a little cheap. Looking forward to checking out the site. Hopefully not to solve any problems though.

Post #356977 15th Sep 2018 8:14 pm
Frostycab

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi everyone, thought I'd better say hello. Just bought a Freelander 2 as a trade in to clear a week ago so thought I'd better join up and do my homework!

It seems an ok car on the surface but the lack of service history and incredible lack of oil means I'm not taking any chances and may become somewhat of a regular!

Fingers crossed!

Post #357049 16th Sep 2018 11:08 pm
LesF

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Quick hello from Brighton.

Just purchased a '07 FL2 to use as a daily driver (my weekend car is an Aston DB9 Volante).
Had a Freelander 1 a few years back and it never let me down so I thought I'd come back to what I know.
This one has done just over 100K but it's a one owner car in pretty much in mint condition, with a big wedge of receipts etc, so hopefully it's been looked after well, and it will be as good as my old one.

My wife and sister both have Evoque's and there's 3 other Range Rover's in the family.

Click image to enlarge

Post #357287 20th Sep 2018 2:27 pm
Andrew Gronow

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

Hi Everyone,
Picked up my MY13 TD4 yesterday.
I'm new to the world of Landrover so expect questions...

Post #357459 23rd Sep 2018 2:08 pm
GAT

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey
Finally purchased

Thought I best say hello after signing up in 2010 looking to purchase one Laughing

Even my daughter beat me to it and bought herself a Freelander 2 GS a few months back.

I’ve got a very nice 2013 Auto commercial which suits my needs very well.

I’m a long standing member on Disco3.co.uk as a few of you will probably know since 2006, although my user name is different on here.

Thumbs Up

Post #357627 25th Sep 2018 10:27 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Hello to all the newbies and welcome to a very diverse site (by that I mean there all sorts of characters lurking on here Laughing )

don't be afraid to ask questions, but use the search function to exhaust all your queries first Thumbs Up

Post #357649 26th Sep 2018 8:03 am
LRJimmy

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hello Everyone,

I've been on the site as a member for a few months now and never got around to actually introducing myself so thought I'd best follow through Whistle

Anyway, like many before me I have been lurking as a non member for years and thoroughly enjoyed the banter of the various characters here, not to mention any names but caravans and chickens always seem to be a favourite topic!!!

The technical info is first rate and while many questions seem simple its only once you have been there and done that - beforehand, its more like - " How on earth does that work?"

The reason for joining now is because all my previous LR's have had a warranty (with the exception of an old series 3 that was a total rebuild - in the days before internet!). Since we pay the dealers an absolute fortune I refused to do anything and was lucky that they never really needed anything major done apart form the odd switch or module here and there but since my current baby is 9 years old this one will never see an LR dealer (unless it needs on their computermabob like I had to get the towbar electrics enabled!!).

Thanks for the great site and I hope I can contribute back into it now and then.

Jimmy 09 FL2 GS TD4e Current
16 DS HSE Black Current
13 FL2 GS TD4
11 FL2 GS TD4
10 FL2 XS TD4
56 FL1 TD4
72 S3, 6cyl 109 Truck Cab

Post #357652 26th Sep 2018 8:44 am
landyzoner

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

hey peeps, im new to the forum, ive got a 2007 land rover freelander 2 xs,
im loving the car so far and ill be looking forward to spending some time on this forum Smile

Post #358076 3rd Oct 2018 5:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 272 of 335 <123 ... 271272273 ... 333334335>