Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Drivers Seat Damage/Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dan_NL

Netherlands 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Manual Santorini Black

@philclemo. Thanks. You have an image in your mind of the layout. Would four 5 cm spacers and 4 longer bolts do the job to raise the seat, or are the fixing luggs angeled , not horizontal ? I can not make this out in your pictures. I do not have the car here now, we are in the Algarve with the D3. Whistle [ Freelander 2 TD4e MY10 Sport manual. SVR badge engineered ] SOLD
& D3 MY06 HSE , many ,many extra's...
& 2011 MiTo 1.4T 135hp Centenario Blue Monte Carlo

Post #305271 25th Aug 2016 9:39 am
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I had a local trimmer repair mine a while back

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic26695.html

details are in this thread

Post #305277 25th Aug 2016 10:17 am
philclemo

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Dan

Take a look at my for sale thread here https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic23170.html, I had a passenger side seat base frame (now sold), you can see two holes in the frame along the top/front. At the rear the drivers base has a swinging cradle if you will, here's a pic of mine just now, camera looking straight up from the footwell.

Click image to enlarge

You can see the two silver coloured hex heads, these are horizontal as are the front. From what you are suggesting it would appear that fitting spacers may well work. Good luck! 2010MY 2.2 e4 (gone but, not forgotten)
Audi TT Roadster 3.2 DSG
FFRR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 (L322)

Post #305278 25th Aug 2016 10:20 am
Dan_NL

Netherlands 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Manual Santorini Black

@philclemo. The 4sale link is removed.... If I put spacers there, it would just move the seating cushion up, not the whole assembly. By looking at various websites I think I have a solid solution for the issue !

Will check this next week when I am home again. Will post the result !

Dan [ Freelander 2 TD4e MY10 Sport manual. SVR badge engineered ] SOLD
& D3 MY06 HSE , many ,many extra's...
& 2011 MiTo 1.4T 135hp Centenario Blue Monte Carlo

Post #305303 25th Aug 2016 2:02 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ive had two different seats repaired by a trimmer in Exeter,he does work for the main dealer ,matfords,95 pounds plus vat he took the seat out

Post #305486 27th Aug 2016 9:07 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Quote:
philclemo wrote:
I have just swapped out my drivers seat base with a second hand passenger one. It did come with the complete base frame mind you! But the passenger and drivers side are the same except for the passenger has a load indicator built in.

The seat base comprises a steel tub, the foam cushion, a heater panel (if fitted) and the outer cover, leather usually. Removing and replacing isn't difficult by the way.

For your info, new leather base covering is approx £250 + VAT, the foam base is approx. £100 + VAT.

The way I did it meant all I had to do was unbolt and disconnect the old and refit - simples! An added bonus with this meant that as it was the passenger side, it hadn't had a lot of use so the foam cushion feels like new.

Just the thread i have been looking for as i have a seat cover to replace myself, thank you also for posting up the photo's of how to remove the upper saddle seat, it makes it much better if pictures are also added to a description of how a job can be done cheers Arctic.

Post #321386 13th Apr 2017 11:19 pm
Mowog

philclemo wrote:
Good morning Iain, you don't have to remove the whole seat. The drivers side base is fixed by 4 bolts, the passenger only 2.
Click image to enlarge

Access is good to all the bolts, but, you do need to be a bit flexible.

On the drivers side, first pull the plastic trim off the front of the base, it is held in with 4 metal clips.
Click image to enlarge

Then from the rear passenger footwell undo the two 10mm bolts.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Back to the front foot well, adjust the seat forward, and if possible raise the seat base. You will see the remaining two bolts, undo.

HOG RINGS.............GOOGLE HOG RING PLIERS.........Easy with the right tool Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Gently lift the base. You will then discover where the cabling is tethered to the base. There are two loops which the cables can be unhooked from towards the rear of the base. The other two cannot be opened up but will detach with a bit if encouragement. Unplug the heated seat connector (green) and lift out.

The passenger side is as above except there is no trim at the front of the base, also the bolts are only at the front, the rear is located to the frame by means of two lugs.

Click image to enlarge

There are two connections on the base too. One is the heated seat connector (green), the other a seat occupancy sensor (brown plug). This one may be a bit fiddly to disconnect as it locates into a block. The base I had was attached to the frame so I had good access not sure what it is like in situ.

By the way, I checked what I was quoted by Dan at Duckworths, the cover was �215 + VAT, the foam base �85 + VAT, I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the heater panel from the foam but I believe it is possible. These are priced at �145 + VAT each, if you need them. Remember these prices are through the forum sponsor and are discounted, Dan's the Man!

However, since taking the above pics I had a go at taking the base cover off. The refitting looks like a nightmare.

Click image to enlarge

Take a look at this pic, after unclipping the cover from the base tub the cover and foam come away from the tub as one. When you try to separate the cover from the foam it is fixed to the foam by a series of rings which loop around rods which appear to be moulded in the foam.

I haven't tried but I would imagine that by undoing each ring would give access to the next. Looks fiddly!

Post #355796 29th Aug 2018 8:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12